SS uniform ID help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
    Actually Ben many SS Officer tunics have hand sewn tabs.
    That's why I said I don't personally have a problem with hand sewn tabs but I do see some questionable things here.
    I'm just pointing out what I see, that's all I can do and have edited my previous post to reflect that..
    I think I'm done here, it's all pain and no gain and I've got a million better things to do..

Comment

Having a Jack Daniels.... Nice... Want a quiz?

Comment

Sure mate, anything is more fun than discussing SS tunics, even sticking sharp sticks in your eye balls..

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
          Sure mate, anything is more fun than discussing SS tunics, even sticking sharp sticks in your eye balls..
          Thanks mate! Was affraid a Jack Daniels would offend the british I hope sharp sticks is not an option any more... My wish

Glad you pickep up since I was bored....

Which one is an original SS Generals collar tab in the picture?

Both, or none or left or right...?

Attached Files

Comment

Should I say.... No more than five minutes to answer this question? Since we have an international membership crowd it might be unfair? Objections? Ok, until you feel it is the right time to answer.... But not later than the 5th of September...

Comment

I'm not offended by Jack Daniels but I prefer Irish whisky, preferably Bushmills.
              So obviously the tab on the left is from the tunic from this thread and I like it more than the tab on the right.
              But I suspect you're going to say that both are fake?

Comment

Too slow, I'm out of here.

Oldrusty26, I sincerely wish the best for you and the tunic and coat.

Comment

I'm not offended by Jack Daniels but I prefer Irish whisky, preferably Bushmills.
                  So obviously the tab on the left is from the tunic from this thread and I like it more than the tab on the right.
                  Bushmills is quite nice! Not a bad choice! I have given Bushmills to my friends in the past as a gift!
                  Yes the tab on the left is from the tunic in question ie start of the thread.... no surprise.
                  On the right is a known questionable SS generals tab - or a deemed fake, Details...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

A photo of Berger at the handing over of the hospital at Auschwitz ... one of very few shots of him wearing a dark collar tunic.

Capture.JPG

You will note the single row of ribbon bars and the lack of loops above. Also the ribbon bar has a bend in it, something which would imply it is a sew-on bar not the usual rigid type. Edit ... Also the ribbon bar is wider than the pocket flap unlike the subject tunic.

Ian
                    Hi Ian,

That photo of Berger was actually taken at the Schalburg School, north of Copenhagen, where Danish SS recruits for the Waffen SS and the Schalburg Corps were trained.

The full footage from this film can be found here, including better shots of Berger's uniform.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...ark,_1944).ogv

There was a thread on this some time back but I had saved the video link.

image_3897736.jpg

Comment

IMO both collar tabs are bad.... Yes. Along with the other signs.... No no and no....
                      Dolled up tunic with highly questionaly or fake insignias as from what I can conclude.

Comment

Too slow, I'm out of here.

Oldrusty26, I sincerely wish the best for you and the tunic and coat.
                        thanks for your input , take care !

Comment

Good Example why you never trust a Story special when a so called high Rank SS Officer Tunic is involved in it. Oldrusty26, also i wish you all the best for your Tunic and coat. It sometimes take a bit longer but is always good when something get really discussed and People not only say nice wow and great because they see something beat up, what for them is enough to call it real. I have seen way worse Tunics in worse shape, what where also just bad. Your Tunic was once a Officer, what Rank and from who, you will never know. Another Officer Tunic ruined by some Clown who try to fool someone to get a lot Money. Only good that they never be able to make it right. If its Loops, there way to age it, wrong or fake Insignia something is always there where when you know where to look will tell you it is fake. Also good Luck with your Harvest....!
                          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

the cuff on that leather coat is super rare

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
                              Good Example why you never trust a Story special when a so called high Rank SS Officer Tunic is involved in it. Oldrusty26, also i wish you all the best for your Tunic and coat. It sometimes take a bit longer but is always good when something get really discussed and People not only say nice wow and great because they see something beat up, what for them is enough to call it real. I have seen way worse Tunics in worse shape, what where also just bad. Your Tunic was once a Officer, what Rank and from who, you will never know. Another Officer Tunic ruined by some Clown who try to fool someone to get a lot Money. Only good that they never be able to make it right. If its Loops, there way to age it, wrong or fake Insignia something is always there where when you know where to look will tell you it is fake. Also good Luck with your Harvest....!
                              Thank you , respectfully , the only thing I know for sure is that I know exactly where this tunic came from (I grew up with the vet who brought it back’s grandson ) I’ve been in direct contact with it for over 30yrs , I’ve never touched it , and I’m certain that they never have because it’s looked the same since I first had a look at it as a teenager . I would see no reason for them to “fake” it for profit as it was originally stored in their hunting camp for years And neglected . They’re not asking big $$$ . And any collector who has seen it and physically looked it over has not ever said or even alluded to it being a fake . Charles Snyder from Snyder’s treasures looked at it years ago and said it was legit , as did Charles Robinson , and James buck . They are pa and Ohio collectors here in the states . I believe mr Snyder is deceased now . Not that it matters . Just saying that it’s not someone looking for big money and I’m not looking to sell them anyhow . Funny though not too much mention about the leather , other than people interested in buying. Both jackets came from the same place .

thanks again .

Comment

Originally posted by Oldrusty26 View Post

Thank you , respectfully , the only thing I know for sure is that I know exactly where this tunic came from (I grew up with the vet who brought it back’s grandson ) I’ve been in direct contact with it for over 30yrs , I’ve never touched it , and I’m certain that they never have because it’s looked the same since I first had a look at it as a teenager . I would see no reason for them to “fake” it for profit as it was originally stored in their hunting camp for years And neglected . They’re not asking big $$$ . And any collector who has seen it and physically looked it over has not ever said or even alluded to it being a fake . Charles Snyder from Snyder’s treasures looked at it years ago and said it was legit , as did Charles Robinson , and James buck . They are pa and Ohio collectors here in the states . I believe mr Snyder is deceased now . Not that it matters . Just saying that it’s not someone looking for big money and I’m not looking to sell them anyhow . Funny though not too much mention about the leather , other than people interested in buying. Both jackets came from the same place .

thanks again .
                                Militaria is not faked till 10 Years ago. It is faked since day one, when the first GI asked for a Souvenir in 1945. That you know it for the past 40 Years is nice, but it put us right in the 80s what was high Time for Crap hitting the market. I know you not want to make money with it and that you only want to know who was the Guy. It was once a nice Tunic for sure, till someone start to mess with it, add Loops and Insignia to simple make more Money. I have seen that countless Times with way better Story's attached to it. Snyder.....was the wrong one you should ever ask if anything is real or not, and if he ever had it in his hands.....that makes anything right away loose half its value hehe As i wrote at the beginning.....there are simple too many red flags. You not have to be Einstein to take some Effects and old Jacket and then build this Thing out of it. Take a couple of Hours and you done, in this Case it is done by someone who had absolute no clue what he is doing when you look at the sewing Job. I don't really care what others here write, for me personal when i see Loops like this i pause right away. And the rest not make it a bit better, Eagle is sewn over a hole, the Boards and Tabs are sewn like Crap, if any Tailor would have done this back then he get shot. And now you have the Nail in the Coffin, the fake Tabs. It is what it is. Leather Coat sure looks nice, but again you never know where this one comes from.
                                WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X