No announcement yet.

SS uniform ID help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you , I appreciate your opinion , enjoy your harvest , ours starts soon so I’ll be busy with that as well . ????????

Comment

its not combat wear just garage or attic wear ,i like it a lot

Comment

This is a Hauptampt tunic not a front line tunic , the wear comes from poor storage not combat wear, although some of these guys trudged around Berlin in the last days during heavy bombing also had their HQs bombed. But this wear looks more like mouse damage.
        I disagree with Robert , I don’t believe he knows real from fake award loops and I have good reasons for that opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
          This is a Hauptampt tunic not a front line tunic , the wear comes from poor storage not combat wear, although some of these guys trudged around Berlin in the last days during heavy bombing also had their HQs bombed. But this wear looks more like mouse damage.
          I disagree with Robert , I don’t believe he knows real from fake award loops and I have good reasons for that opinion.
          We all have our Reasons....And i repeat my Question....show me one single high Rank (period and untouched) Tunic with Loops like that, and i take my Opinion right away back no Problem there. Also take a look at the Eagle....if i am not wrong the so called attic wear goes behind the Bird as well. Maybe the Owner can post a Picture with the sleeve inside out. Would be a bit strange if there is a hole behind where the Eagle is sewn on. And if i don't know the difference between period and postwar Loops...then please explain me now the difference between a Hauptamt and a Front Tunic The Cuff or the Chevron....open Neck?

And here some period Loops to compare...this is what you want to see on a High Rank Tunic. And if it is as your say a Hauptamt Tunic, well then i would like to see it even more perfect. No German Tailor would ever made a single Loop the way they are made on the Tunic in this Thread, not a Chance.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 09-03-2020, 11:54 PM.
          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post

We all have our Reasons....And i repeat my Question....show me one single high Rank (period and untouched) Tunic with Loops like that, and i take my Opinion right away back no Problem there. Also take a look at the Eagle....if i am not wrong the so called attic wear goes behind the Bird as well. Maybe the Owner can post a Picture with the sleeve inside out. Would be a bit strange if there is a hole behind where the Eagle is sewn on. And if i don't know the difference between period and postwar Loops...then please explain me now the difference between a Hauptamt and a Front Tunic The Cuff or the Chevron....open Neck?

And here some period Loops to compare...this is what you want to see on a High Rank Tunic. And if it is as your say a Hauptamt Tunic, well then i would like to see it even more perfect. No German Tailor would ever made a single Loop the way they are made on the Tunic in this Thread, not a Chance.
            How about these loops on the authenticated tunic of Generaloberst Alfred Yodl....

59A132AE-B02F-4FF7-A7C8-8B605FC6DC88.jpeg
            35EB819B-2497-4949-BEB7-AFB57606EDE7.jpeg

1B0A329B-445B-4CF6-93AE-D02831CA3856.jpeg

Regards

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mevm36 View Post

How about these loops on the authenticated tunic of Generaloberst Alfred Yodl....

59A132AE-B02F-4FF7-A7C8-8B605FC6DC88.jpeg
              35EB819B-2497-4949-BEB7-AFB57606EDE7.jpeg

1B0A329B-445B-4CF6-93AE-D02831CA3856.jpeg

Regards

Marcus
              ?? are they the same as on the SS Tunic? Jesus....

Comment

How about these loops on the authenticated summer tunic of GeneralMajor Hellmuth Stieff

153D1EB7-3D7D-4137-9CE6-B22C7CE3B30D.jpeg

A26785E3-4540-4C80-B68A-A88B1422BFE3.jpeg

Cheers

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post

?? are they the same as on the SS Tunic? Jesus....
                  No they are not exactly the same but they are very similar and that is exactly the point, they are not the same as the pristine loops that are displayed on the tunic in the photos you posted. If you look at the loops in the photo you posted, you will see that they are interweaved, whereas the SS tunic and the Yodl tunic loops are wrapped. Also the tailor work was not always exemplary as one would expect. You would think that Generaloberst Yodl would have pristine loops on his tunic similar to those displayed in your photos but they are not. They are rough. Enough said.

Marcus
                  Last edited by mevm36; 09-04-2020, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mevm36 View Post

No they are not the same but that is exactly the point, they are not the same as the pristine loops that are displayed on the tunic in the photos you posted. The tailor work was not always exemplary as one would expect. You would think that Generaloberst Yodl would have pristine loops on his tunic similar to those displayed in your photos but they are not. They are rough. Enough said.

Marcus
                    I can do that too. Here is Dietl's Tunic....a step higher from Jodl, and do they look the same? No, and that is not the Point i made. They don't have to look the same, but they should be made a certain way....not double the size from any Loops from what you see anywhere, and also not that far off from each other. I have handled and owned hundreds of Tunics and study them. So i have my Opinion on how they should look and how they should not look. The SS Tunic has nothing anywhere close to period Loops, and that is just one of many Things i see wrong with it. That is my Opinion, you have yours...all good. But anyway, as you wrote early on....go research it, should be easy doing to find the Guy when all is period as you say it is. Can't wait what you will come up with.
                    Attached Files

Comment

And a last one...high Rank SS Officer. Also not the same but still way way different from the Tunic in this Thread. It is also a lot different when you look at Pictures or own them and study them. Nothing need to be the same, is impossible but it should be also not look like Frankenstein made them. And this is what i asked...a Picture from one single Tunic what is period and has Loops like the OP Tunic.....
                      Attached Files

Comment

I am not going to debate you. I know what I know. I spent 30 years in Police work and am an astute observer.

Comment

At this stage, who cares about the loops?!
                          We need to see the interior, back of the collar, fabric above the right breast pocket, etc etc

Comment

Ok then explain why you sent me a photo of an SS officers uniform missing a runic tab and sporting a Sieder Eagle on the sleeve and said it was an original named tunic, then a few days later offered the same tunic for sale to a forum member who wisely asked me for assistance in authenticating it without revealing who offered it to him.
                            You write really long posts, post pictures of nothing and say “ look at this “ hoping people buy into your BS. You’re never the first to reply to a post , you wait until you can jump in and pretend you already know what’s been posted by others.
                            I am eagerly awaiting to see Egon Skalke’s tunic which you said you had and we’re looking for a sleeve eagle to restore it.
                            I honestly think your trying to fast track your way to being known as an “expert” but you’re no expert, especially in SS. It’s possible this is a Frankenstein but if the potential buyer is being honest about where it came from then I highly doubt it .

Comment

By the way I can sew those braided loops. We had a “ how to “ thread in the Heer forum some years back. Braided doesn’t necessarily make them war time. Do you have photos of Jodl wearing that tunic ?

Comment

Here’s some wartime wrap around loops and in an odd place for a small ribbon bar.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X