No announcement yet.

SS uniform ID help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think ! there are photos from the sos show of this tunic ? a dealer wolf ? had it

Comment

Hope these help
      Attached Files

Comment

No , these came out of the woodwork from northwestern pa 30+years ago . I went to school with the grandson of the vet who brought them back . First saw them when I was a teenager. He has passed and I’m researching because I have the opportunity to acquire.

Comment

Closer ( hopefully better ) pics of the leather overcoat . The para cord is keeping it closed as I don’t want to damage the buttons , all very fragile.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Oldrusty26 View Post
            No , these came out of the woodwork from northwestern pa 30+years ago . I went to school with the grandson of the vet who brought them back . First saw them when I was a teenager. He has passed and I’m researching because I have the opportunity to acquire.
            Aquire if you can ! Research later. A very rare gem indeed !

Comment

Left collar tab appears to have impressions of a smaller army collar tab being under it before.
              Please post photos of the underside of the collar.

Comment

And i still see absolute nothing what i would want to own. This is nothing combat or field worn, who ever did that went all out to make it look like so. Just a few Things, Boards are sewn in by a Amateur, Eagle sewn over a hole...at least looks like so.....and a few Other Things i see what make me pause.

If it comes cheap enough....buy. But don't pay a Cent Premium....you have no name to it, the Tunic is a Wreck, and i bet my House it looked way different before it got SS Insignias sewn onto it.
                WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

I agree..Purchase now, research later....the tunic should be relatively easy as this officer, Obergruppenfuhrer was extremely well decorated. Being that all Obergruppenfuhrers can be researched quite easily, this tunic should be no problem to identify. I will start looking into it.

Marcus

Comment

And i fogot to add...half of the Loops are postwar Edition....good Luck to Research anything

Comment

Heer Officer collar tabs are bigger than SS tabs. I see nap wear but no impression of Heer litzen . I also don’t see the eagle being sewn over a hole. I see lots of holes around the eagle. I see a treasure of original insignias. I see a very worn exposed to moisture tunic where the metal frames inside the boards may have rusted a bit causing staining . If someone put this together they were a genius at faking wear and an idiot with a lot of money to invest in original Gruppenfuhrer insignias to sew to a damaged uniform...also an idiot for damaging a fairly rare cuffband to fake this.

Comment

Sorry John, there is no real wear, no real loops or anything else real behind this Thing beside the Effects. Not really a good Job, someone try hard to make it look like that...just a bit too much. The biggest no no is the Quality how it is put together, followed by the Joke of Loops. Anyone who collect Tunics, and i do it all my Life, special high Ranks like this one, should know that no General took his Jacket and made the Loops himself at home in his Kitchen. Show me a single untouched high rank Tunic who has Loops done like this Tunic. Every real Tunic will have them made nice, and the way every single Tailor made them back then. The loops on this Tunic are typcial postwar Junk. And yes, i have seen many high Rank SS Tunic with real Insignia postwar added. I know several Museums who let a Tailor build them a Tunic with real Insignia for there Museum. And then there is another Point...this Guy is Obergruppenfuhrer. Why should his Tunic look ****ed up like this one? He went into the Trenches in 45? Or got punished by some crazy Amis with a screwdriver? I love combat Tunics and real wear...this Thing is a sad Joke.

Comment

To antiquewwII
                          I am not offering to sell it to you , or anyone , I’m not really interested in whether or not you would like to own it , it’s not for sale . I said from the start of this that it is in poor condition , my simple question was can ownership be identified through the medal pattern .

Comment

I have not much time, Harvest Season is in full swing. Here is the typical mistake when someone tries to sew loops to a uniform postwar. Beside the fact that they are always made too thin too large and sloppy, they are also always not symmetrical. And I haven't seen that on any uniform of a high-ranking officer yet. Go look at any SS Generals or any Generals Tunic you can find, and show me one set of loops what look that way when the Tunic is period and untouched. good luck
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 09-03-2020, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldrusty26 View Post
                              To antiquewwII
                              I am not offering to sell it to you , or anyone , I’m not really interested in whether or not you would like to own it , it’s not for sale . I said from the start of this that it is in poor condition , my simple question was can ownership be identified through the medal pattern .
                              I understand that, and look at my last Post why there will not be any chance to find the owner when you ask me. I am sure there will be some who believe this is untouched and based on that they will try to research it. Only one i would come up when looking at this Loops...Dietrich Would love to tell you all is perfect with it, i just don't see it here. Anyway, just my Opinion......

Comment

Gentlemen, two fine arguments presented, well done ! However, I agree with argument 2. I don't like the madal loops. The wear and cufftitle don't make sense. Frontline combat wear for a high ranking officer ?

The only body type that this could have owned this tunic is Herbert Otto Gille.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X