SS uniform ID help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mevm36 View Post
    I believe based on the medal configuration, that this tunic may have belonged to Obergruppenfuhrer Gottlob Berger. This is based on the lower loops on the left breast pocket which would indicate a star award of some kind. Here is a list of Bergers awards from which you can see he was awarded various axis awards which would be authorized for wear.Again this is just an educated guess based on the medal configuration however Berger was the Chief of the SS-Hauptamt (SS Main office) from 1939 - 1945 which also fits with the cuff title.

Regards,

Marcus

Do you have the equivalent award list for Maximilian von Herff?

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post

Militaria is not faked till 10 Years ago. It is faked since day one, when the first GI asked for a Souvenir in 1945. That you know it for the past 40 Years is nice, but it put us right in the 80s what was high Time for Crap hitting the market. I know you not want to make money with it and that you only want to know who was the Guy. It was once a nice Tunic for sure, till someone start to mess with it, add Loops and Insignia to simple make more Money. I have seen that countless Times with way better Story's attached to it. Snyder.....was the wrong one you should ever ask if anything is real or not, and if he ever had it in his hands.....that makes anything right away loose half its value hehe As i wrote at the beginning.....there are simple too many red flags. You not have to be Einstein to take some Effects and old Jacket and then build this Thing out of it. Take a couple of Hours and you done, in this Case it is done by someone who had absolute no clue what he is doing when you look at the sewing Job. I don't really care what others here write, for me personal when i see Loops like this i pause right away. And the rest not make it a bit better, Eagle is sewn over a hole, the Boards and Tabs are sewn like Crap, if any Tailor would have done this back then he get shot. And now you have the Nail in the Coffin, the fake Tabs. It is what it is. Leather Coat sure looks nice, but again you never know where this one comes from.
      Agreed...Sorry Oldrusty the tunic has been messed with. Turn out the lights the party is over.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post

Militaria is not faked till 10 Years ago. It is faked since day one, when the first GI asked for a Souvenir in 1945. That you know it for the past 40 Years is nice, but it put us right in the 80s what was high Time for Crap hitting the market. I know you not want to make money with it and that you only want to know who was the Guy. It was once a nice Tunic for sure, till someone start to mess with it, add Loops and Insignia to simple make more Money. I have seen that countless Times with way better Story's attached to it. Snyder.....was the wrong one you should ever ask if anything is real or not, and if he ever had it in his hands.....that makes anything right away loose half its value hehe As i wrote at the beginning.....there are simple too many red flags. You not have to be Einstein to take some Effects and old Jacket and then build this Thing out of it. Take a couple of Hours and you done, in this Case it is done by someone who had absolute no clue what he is doing when you look at the sewing Job. I don't really care what others here write, for me personal when i see Loops like this i pause right away. And the rest not make it a bit better, Eagle is sewn over a hole, the Boards and Tabs are sewn like Crap, if any Tailor would have done this back then he get shot. And now you have the Nail in the Coffin, the fake Tabs. It is what it is. Leather Coat sure looks nice, but again you never know where this one comes from.

You kinda force your hand don’t you . In my opinion you are a guy trying to prove you know something you don’t so you use a lot of words to disguise your lack of real knowledge and pose as the expert soon to be dealer.
        You sent me this Eagle and uniform photo and asked my opinion of it and I told you the Eagle was a Sieder fake . Then a few days later you offered to sell it as an original to another forum member. Your gimmick was “ this is how real SS tunics are found” (partly stripped) . Reality is those old humped up tunics had fake runic tabs and someone removed it .
        Today you told me it wasn’t your uniform you got it from Helmut Weitze but decided you didn’t like it and subsequently tried to sell it to a forum member. You think you are playing everyone but you’re not . I also read the thread about the “untouched” M44 tunic. I think you are sniffing the air for potential marks but that’s just me . I’m giving this forum a fair caveat emptor about you. I can’t wait until this uniform reappears but with all real insignias as “ untouched”.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post

You kinda force your hand don’t you . In my opinion you are a guy trying to prove you know something you don’t so you use a lot of words to disguise your lack of real knowledge and pose as the expert soon to be dealer.
          You sent me this Eagle and uniform photo and asked my opinion of it and I told you the Eagle was a Sieder fake . Then a few days later you offered to sell it as an original to another forum member. Your gimmick was “ this is how real SS tunics are found” (partly stripped) . Reality is those old humped up tunics had fake runic tabs and someone removed it .
          Today you told me it wasn’t your uniform you got it from Helmut Weitze but decided you didn’t like it and subsequently tried to sell it to a forum member. You think you are playing everyone but you’re not . I also read the thread about the “untouched” M44 tunic. I think you are sniffing the air for potential marks but that’s just me . I’m giving this forum a fair caveat emptor about you. I can’t wait until this uniform reappears but with all real insignias as “ untouched”.
          So, i really try to be as nice as possible with you but even i have my Limits of what i take from someone. Go read what ever the heck you like the last thing i care is you or your Donkey Knowledge you try to show off. When People praise you, they are ok, as soon as someone not agrees with you or have a different Opinion then you try all to bash and trash them, this Thread best Example for it. Fine for me, but you should stick to your knowledge about some Eagles...IF that exists or not i slowly start to doubt since all i always read....this is a Sieder Fake, thats is a Sieder fake and this one is a Sieder Fake too. No Idea how many Sieder Fakes are out there, but when i take you for Full...the hole World is full of them. Good that i don't really take your Word for full at all. And all the Rest i give a total Crap. Till today i respected your knowledge, be sure about no more. I give my Opinion as anyone else here, if with you it is not possible to have a Discussion about an Item, because you always need to be the Top Guy who knows all...well, great for you then, Internet is always funny. And about your Tunic i already wrote it, and do it with pleasure again....this was never my Tunic, i got it offered, i asked you about the Eagle what anyway is worthless and that is IT, and now me Idiot regret that i didn't bought it. Same when i asked you for a Eagle i wanted to buy from Weitze, according to you...all his Birds beside one are Fake on his Site. At least something positive i got out from you....i will go and study them myself, and then buy what i think is real....way better then listen to you. Have a nice Day! Seider.....ohh Seider

Ah, and since my Ignore List is Empty....now i have finally one i can put there!
          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post

Hi Ian,

That photo of Berger was actually taken at the Schalburg School, north of Copenhagen, where Danish SS recruits for the Waffen SS and the Schalburg Corps were trained.

The full footage from this film can be found here, including better shots of Berger's uniform.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...ark,_1944).ogv

There was a thread on this some time back but I had saved the video link.

image_3897736.jpg

You must excuse me ... from the cropped photo I lifted the image from I mis-identified the SS-Ostubaf as Rudolf Hoess and the occasion accordingly.

Capture.JPG

Ian

Comment

Calm down guys. Let's discuss the items at hand.
              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
                Agreed...In this hobby, we all make mistakes. Simply, the person who created this tunic did not do his or her homework. The number of award loops and cuff title does not match the body type / age and most importantly German thinking, (Modus Operandi), 1939 to 1945. As said, sadly a nice tunic that someone messed with. Still has some value.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
                  Quite! This thread seems to becoming a, dare I say it 'P**k smock' thread!! There's a difference from wanting to believe something is real and reality! Leather greatcoat? Would like to hear more opinions in that thread, having issues with armband! John Pic and AntiqueWW2's debate would be more civilised face to face! I hope! Over the recent months with covid, everyone seems snappy, I personally have found this forum to-be very therapeutic in the current times.
                  Rigsby.

Comment

Maybe someone saw a photo of Sepp Deitrich and thought to make a Sepp Tunic.
                    I don't know tunics, just a thought on this interesting thread.
                    -Serge
                    Sepp Deitrich.jpg

Comment

Nice pic...I haven't seen this one. Gunsche 6' 6", Fegelein, Wanhofer, don't know the Sturmbannfuhrer. Deitrich's 6 button tunic, beautiful marriage of boards to tunic.

Agreed or the person thought the Germans were like the Russians with a Jacket full of medals. What the .....?

Comment

Here’s a picture of Karl wolff , does anyone have any clearer pictures of this or like this ? Note medal pattern .
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Oldrusty26 View Post
                          Here’s a picture of Karl wolff , does anyone have any clearer pictures of this or like this ? Note medal pattern .
                          that photo shows the eagle sitting a lot lower to your one . i count six loops on the bottom that i can see

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
                            Maybe someone saw a photo of Sepp Deitrich and thought to make a Sepp Tunic.
                            I don't know tunics, just a thought on this interesting thread.
                            -Serge
                            Sepp Deitrich.jpg
                            This photo of Sepp is a real eye opener. The two rows of awards above his beast pocket are touching so the two lines of stitching are very close together. On OP's tunic, said lines are way far apart which would leave an unacceptable space between ribbon rows. Plus the top row stitch pattern is nothing like the bottom and is not even parallel (mentioned before). It seems very unusual for an officer to even have two rows of decorations above the left pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by itchyjoe View Post
                              It seems very unusual for an officer to even have two rows of decorations above the left pocket.
                              Yes indeed but some exceptions can be found.

Artur Phleps

Attached Files

Comment

Reinhard Heydrich
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X