No announcement yet.

SS uniform ID help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting anything here is asking for it to be destroyed, the insignia is fantastic! Compare the sleeve adler to the crap people accept as real here, I would be happy to own both of them.

P.S. as stated the cuff title is unobtainable.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post

You think someone would destroy real SS General insignias to fake a uniform ? You could put them on a mint tunic ala Kai Winkler’s Witt grouping and still fool most collectors. This type of material would show a breast eagle shadow very easily if had bee a Heer tunic. The eagle even looks a bit swollen from dampness.
      Hi Jon -

No, but I can see someone having ratty original insignia to hand - not everything out there is minty, and battered insignia is, let's face it, cheaper, even if it is rare. The insignia may be all legit, but I still do not like those boards. Hand sewn tabs, reversed boards on a high ranking tunic do give me pause.

Don

Comment

You think someone would destroy real SS General insignias to fake a uniform ? You could put them on a mint tunic ala Kai Winkler’s Witt grouping and still fool most collectors. This type of material would show a breast eagle shadow very easily if had bee a Heer tunic. The eagle even looks a bit swollen from dampness.
        John ,
        Am I confused ? What boards looked reversed ??

Comment

The shoulder boards are mounted with the "fat" button ends toward the front of the tunic - regulations stipulated that the "slimmer" ends face the front. It DID happen, but once again, with a high-ranking GO uniform, I find it at least unusual.

Don

Comment

Every rule has an exception

Here Felix Steiner.
            Attached Files

Comment

The key word being "exception". I have owned some Heer tunics to majors and colonels that are the same way, but they were named and the rank matched the DA. As I said, it happened, but it is unusual.

Don

Comment

Some more wolff photos were sent to me today !! Thank you .
                Attached Files

Comment

You are very lucky to be able to buy these items!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                    As I said and many even don´t know, find a loose original HA cuffband like shown on the coat or in the tunic. Impossible to find in any condition.
                    And not a single one came on the puplic market for decades!
                    Exactly , people must think it’s really easy and that someone would damage a real one to attach to a fake coat ?
                    I think this forum has become the, everything is fake if it isn’t owned by certain people forum.
                    I will never post another tunic here, because people comment just to comment. The trolls run the game here and some never owned more than a collar tab. Not every TR piece is a perfect by the book pristine example.
                    Hunt for what’s correct then find the mistakes not visa versa.

Comment

I think that nails it! You took a lot of abuse and most will when an off the charts SS item is posted, but this again shows the futility of so-called consensus collecting. I was involved in bringing the SS Christmas dagger to the forum and I knew where it was “found” and the real background. Near a thousand posts on that one and the poster as well as his family was insulted and besmirched by many. It is not an easy road!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldrusty26 View Post
                        Outstanding and now let’s review who jumped in and tried to laugh it off ? Who claimed the tabs were fake ? I’ll just shut up now.....
                        Congratulations great find .

Comment

Originally posted by Oldrusty26 View Post
                          That looks like a match, same tunic to my eyes. J

Comment

Outstanding and now let’s review who jumped in and tried to laugh it off ? Who claimed the tabs were fake ? I’ll just shut up now.....
                            Congratulations great find .

As stated before these photo's, the items shown where outstanding one lookers and yet as usual WAF took a crap on them.

Comment

Nice try Just not the same Tunic.
                              WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Exactly , people must think it’s really easy and that someone would damage a real one to attach to a fake coat ?
                                I think this forum has become the, everything is fake if it isn’t owned by certain people forum.
                                I will never post another tunic here, because people comment just to comment. The trolls run the game here and some never owned more than a collar tab. Not every TR piece is a perfect by the book pristine example.
                                Hunt for what’s correct then find the mistakes not visa versa.
                                true words ! as for shoulder boards not sitting in right well like he said some one wearing around post war ...and it been to small would pull the boards out . have a tunic my self that had the boards pulled left hanging .what day were you sending the leather jacket????
                                Last edited by judas; 09-07-2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X