SS uniform ID help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
    At this stage, who cares about the loops?!
    We need to see the interior, back of the collar, fabric above the right breast pocket, etc etc
    so why do you need to see the back of the collar , love to hear this one

Comment

Can we please have just one discussion without the personal attacks and insults!!
      Covid 19 really has bought out the worst in people from what I can see, everyone is bickering with other, especially on the internet and I'm tired of it.

Comment

Originally posted by judas View Post
        so why do you need to see the back of the collar , love to hear this one
        Duh, to see the tab sewing..

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
          Ok then explain why you sent me a photo of an SS officers uniform missing a runic tab and sporting a Sieder Eagle on the sleeve and said it was an original named tunic, then a few days later offered the same tunic for sale to a forum member who wisely asked me for assistance in authenticating it without revealing who offered it to him.
          You write really long posts, post pictures of nothing and say “ look at this “ hoping people buy into your BS. You’re never the first to reply to a post , you wait until you can jump in and pretend you already know what’s been posted by others.
          I am eagerly awaiting to see Egon Skalke’s tunic which you said you had and we’re looking for a sleeve eagle to restore it.
          I honestly think your trying to fast track your way to being known as an “expert” but you’re no expert, especially in SS. It’s possible this is a Frankenstein but if the potential buyer is being honest about where it came from then I highly doubt it .
          Well, you should first get your Facts straight before you write something. The Tunic you talked about was offered to me by a Dealer who then offered it to someone else when i told him crap Bird after you told me it is a crap Bird.(Also a Sponsor on this Forum). Beside that, what you say about Birds i respect, but is as any other Post here....just one Opinion, in your Case always the same one...Seider Fake, never read anything else then that from you......Seider till hell freezes over. I can't Question that, but i bet if someone would....all hell break loose. I wait to post till someone else post...looks like you need to check that again...there was just yesterday one where i posted first and there are many others too, if that is so important for you and shows you if i know my Stuff or not, great Job LOL. And yes, you can keep waiting that i would post any of the more rare Tunics anywhere in this Forum, sorry will not happen. If you want to see them, go on my Website, and there you can when it is finish.

A bit a sad thing that when someone not agree with you, then you always see it as a attack on you. Sorry if you think that way, but i post as you, my OWN Opinion. When it comes to Tunics, this is what i collect all my Life, and there i don't need any other Opinion then mine. Same as you for your Birds....there i would never even try to Question one, since i know **** about them. I am tired of this Crap, always when you not go along the Crap starts. If anyone not like my Opinion or the way i post it, i would advice just to ignore it. No one is perfect...not you, not me. This is a Forum...where Things should be discussed, nowhere is written you need to agree with someone else when you have a different Opinion. I laid down why i think this Tunic is all but period untouched. Now anyone can do the same and say why i am wrong.

And here is one more Link, maybe that helps to Understand what i mean with Crap Loops:

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ty-badge-loops

Story is always just that, a Story.
          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
            By the way I can sew those braided loops. We had a “ how to “ thread in the Heer forum some years back. Braided doesn’t necessarily make them war time. Do you have photos of Jodl wearing that tunic ?
            I didn't post that Jodl Tunic, but here is the Link to it.....who knows what is with that one, also comes with a nice Story and a nice Pricetag.....

https://www.relicsofthereich.com/rel...d-jodl-s-tunic
            WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

well here are some loops . and yet have a look at the top loops , and one loop is moved right down so not all in order , even notice the fading from were the bar was but geez you need 30000000 posts to know
              Attached Files

Comment

Duh, to see the tab sewing..
                is that right stick to your caps

Comment

Can we please have just one discussion without the personal attacks and insults!!
                  Covid 19 really has bought out the worst in people from what I can see, everyone is bickering with other, especially on the internet and I'm tired of it.
                  coming from you a bit rich

Comment

Whatever mate, I'm not biting..

Comment

what i find interesting is the leather ss armband . hell it looks the part , lots of odd things out there , that happend . hell of a lot of work going in to that

seeing this is a first for me .. in this photo . ..
                      Attached Files

Comment

I would wonder when its a copy somone put orginal extreme rare HA cuffbands on, tabs and cuffbands are 100% original.

Comment

Originally posted by judas View Post
                          what i find interesting is the leather ss armband . hell it looks the part , lots of odd things out there , that happend . hell of a lot of work going in to that. ..
                          I agree with you and immediately was also stuck by the overcoat armband. That had to be an obscene rarity in regards to SS insignia and I wonder if even another is known to exist. Honest, non post made dyed, black leather MILITARY cut WWII overcoats are very rare. I can find no fault with the one shown here.

Comment

The leather coat and the tunic were from the same vet , I will get some pictures of the insides of the tunic and the leather as well and post them , the tunic is ( as stated before ) in rough condition , I really don’t like everyone fighting and bickering here , I am not offering it for sale , nor am I stating it was battle worn blah blah blah , I’m here to try to gain information . I have known this tunic and jacket for 30+ years , who brought it back and where it’s been and where it’s at , It’s not like I just saw it at a tag sale somewhere . I am inclined with that knowledge to believe it is not a fake , everyone has their opinion though and I’m listening .

Comment

Hasn´t this set surfaced in NYC long time ago?
                              For my view you own a very rare original set of tunic and coat

Comment

No , unless it was over 40 yrs ago

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X