not the same tunic

Comment

A couple Berger photos
                Attached Files

Comment

Another candidate;

1.PNG

Comment

Good one of Karl Wolff--those two rows are pretty far apart. Thanks for posting that Oldrusty26, I stand corrected!

Comment

Originally posted by merdock View Post

not the same tunic
                      No it isn’t, but I bet he owned more than one.????

Comment

Another photo with sleeve eagle placement higher and appears double row of above breast pocket . Would love to find clearer pictures .
                        Attached Files

Comment

Surely one set of loops is for the ribbon bar (lower) and the upper is for the medal bar? Otherwise medals would hang too low!

Comment

I will be honest, when I first saw the pics of the shoulder boards being reversed and the amount of wear, my first thought was "artificial aging". I would be happy to be wrong about it, and I may be in the minority, but I still have concerns about the overall set up - unequal aging and condition of the insignia, etc.

Don
                            Last edited by DonC; 09-07-2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                              I will be honest, when I first saw the pics of the shoulder boards being reversed and the amount of wear, my first thought was "artificial aging". I would be happy to be wrong about it, and I may be in the minority, but I still have concerns about the overall set up - unequal aging and condition of the insignia, etc.

Don
                              You think someone would destroy real SS General insignias to fake a uniform ? You could put them on a mint tunic ala Kai Winkler’s Witt grouping and still fool most collectors. This type of material would show a breast eagle shadow very easily if had bee a Heer tunic. The eagle even looks a bit swollen from dampness.

Comment

As I said and many even don´t know, find a loose original HA cuffband like shown on the coat or in the tunic. Impossible to find in any condition.
                                And not a single one came on the puplic market for decades!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X