SS uniform ID help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldrusty26 View Post
    Some more wolff photos were sent to me today !! Thank you .
    looks the same here , even the way the piping has a slite lower bend at the bottom going round imo .

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post

Exactly , people must think it’s really easy and that someone would damage a real one to attach to a fake coat ?
      I think this forum has become the, everything is fake if it isn’t owned by certain people forum.
      I will never post another tunic here, because people comment just to comment. The trolls run the game here and some never owned more than a collar tab. Not every TR piece is a perfect by the book pristine example.
      Hunt for what’s correct then find the mistakes not visa versa.
      You are right

Comment

Grudgingly, looks to be a match. My apology, one must be cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post

Exactly , people must think it’s really easy and that someone would damage a real one to attach to a fake coat ?
          I think this forum has become the, everything is fake if it isn’t owned by certain people forum.
          I will never post another tunic here, because people comment just to comment. The trolls run the game here and some never owned more than a collar tab. Not every TR piece is a perfect by the book pristine example.
          Hunt for what’s correct then find the mistakes not visa versa.
          Correct, but most higher ranking officer tunics are kept in better condition than this. Additionally, of course there has always been a clique here. No big deal. The forum is a lot of fun. No absolute authentication can take place unless hands on. Especially for a high dollar item such as this piece. In this condition it's a $15k to $25k piece.

Comment

With all due respect, look at the three loops on the pocket to the left of the EK and GPB. I am not trying to piss all over the OP's tunic, but I see some things that don't add up.

Don

Comment

WAF is just insufferable sometimes, a one looker tunic appears and it gets crapped on and people opine on nonsense to run it down. Photographic evidence appears to refute the critics but still the nonsense continues. Now the Wolff tunic appears to match and yet more troll chatter. Anyone that thinks that members of the high command only owned one or two tunics and that they never added or removed decorations is an idiot - period.

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                With all due respect, look at the three loops on the pocket to the left of the EK and GPB. I am not trying to piss all over the OP's tunic, but I see some things that don't add up.

Don
                Oh Geez....now you did it !! John is gonna open a can of whoop ass !
                Last edited by panzer1432; 09-07-2020, 04:46 PM. Reason: info

Comment

I am appreciative of all the input here both negative and positive actually , I am still looking for more clear pictures of the medal pattern for further clarification , I was going to jump off the forum because of all the initial negativity among users ( not the negative opinions about the tunic because everyone has opinions ) I wasn’t trying to start issues between anyone .
                  but both sides have been helpful actually .
                  thanks again to everyone .
                  does anyone have any pics of a 30’s era staff overcoat with a leather armband ?? Lol !! That will be my next focus .

Comment

Originally posted by panzer1432 View Post

Oh Geez....now you did it !! John is gonna open a can of whoop ass !
                    I call it like I see it. So does John. I can appreciate that.

Don

Comment

The leather coat is the sleeper or unsung hero in this. IMO it is probably or at least possibly the only surviving example of what may be a regulation (RZM?) SS black leather officer’s OC not in generals rank, known and that also goes for the armband. As mentioned by others the cuffband is also crazy rare and early. There were WWI, Weimar and early 3rd Reich police leather overcoats in black but they were not made like this coat. Inside and rear belt area photos are needed, but this coat is hundreds of times rarer than a black cloth SS OC and most collectors have never even seen a real one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                        The leather coat is the sleeper or unsung hero in this. IMO it is probably or at least possibly the only surviving example of what may be a regulation (RZM?) SS black leather officer’s OC not in generals rank, known and that also goes for the armband. As mentioned by others the cuffband is also crazy rare and early. There were WWI, Weimar and early 3rd Reich police leather overcoats in black but they were not made like this coat. Inside and rear belt area photos are needed, but this coat is hundreds of times rarer than a black cloth SS OC and most collectors have never even seen a real one of those.
                        You might be spot on. If Wolf tunic is the real deal and it does seem to be. The leather coat comes from the same vet, might be good.

Comment

What is this cross ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Oldrusty26 View Post
                            Some more wolff photos were sent to me today !! Thank you .
                            That's an exact match.

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post

I call it like I see it. So does John. I can appreciate that.

Don
                              Just injecting a little Southern California Humor, my brother !

Comment

When you compare the tab and especially the piping they are identical, same contour. Loops which some tried to trash, look the same too. Perfect match to my eyes. Anyone denying it has an agenda.
                                It happens often here and it happened to me. Some unknown collector posts a unique item and some people try very hard to shoot it down. And then out of the blue you get messages with offers to buy it, but of course for the fraction of the value since your piece "have issues".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X