Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where and when did I say that the piece I showed is purely an original piece of DHW production?

Exactly - nowhere.

Fact is that from 1933-45 the DHW was very successful by covering a whole segment of interieur decoration - one booklet from wartime speaks about more than 1000 companies (from one man and family up to about 50 workers in them) being in contract with them.

A totalitarily formed huge state and nation judged them to become kind of forerunner and a prime example of how the new pagan style of living was going to be and as one can imagine that led most political and military leaders - and any other engaged german fellow - to try to be a good german and buy their products.

Comment

But total evidence - as has already been discussed in this thread - is just impossible.

I certainly - just have to - avoid most times I aquire a significant cultural piece to mention ANY possible relation to the period or I run into the risk that the deal falls through.

People are not stupid nowadays and the artistic side of the Third Reich has just very successfully entererd the general antique market scene (reaction 2-5 years ago would have strictly been: No, we certainly do not and do not want to deal with bad to the bones Nazi and especially SS pieces!) and even the last dealer knows that it could be worth something.

Asking for history of a piece means too often missing a bargain - that´s just life as it is.

Comment

Sippenleuchter aus München

Looks weird from this perspective
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
          Where and when did I say that the piece I showed is purely an original piece of DHW production?

Exactly - nowhere.
          It must be the languagebarrier then because when you said that after comparing it to known DHW you agreed that this was a previous unknown pattern by them. That's how I read it anyway.

I have no problem with people buying and selling them as lovely works of art. I'm even fine with saying "tapestry in DHW-style" but when a piece is offered as DHW there should be something to back up the claim.

Comment

Nobody offered the tapestry as being DHW - nobody including me.

This tapestry has not been offered at all.

Comment

Sippenleuchter aus München Part 2

Am I in need to back up this piece?

I don´t think so.

It stands on it´s own merits.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sippentruhe and Sippenleuchter - a nice couple.
                Attached Files

Comment

Due to very positive feedback I throw in some more shots:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good old german craftmenship at it´s best:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Different point of view:

It takes a lot of effort and a very skillful hand to create such a finish.

And it matches perfectly with the surface of the chest.
                      Attached Files

Comment

From this point of view the unusual surface of the chest makes sense and is most practical.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Thorsten. I really like my little wrought iron gem. Note the hagal and other runic symbols. I posted this before but since Thorsten brought his out I couldn't resist posting it again.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I like all 3 items shown - DHW or not - very nice looking antique pieces. The manner of construction of the tapestry seems consistent with known DHW examples! Thanks for sharing. I will be interested as always to know Steve T's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                              Very nice Thorsten. I really like my little wrought iron gem. Note the hagal and other runic symbols. I posted this before but since Thorsten brought his out I couldn't resist posting it again.
                              nice Erich... love seeing it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                                Nobody offered the tapestry as being DHW - nobody including me.

This tapestry has not been offered at all.
                                I was speaking about these pieces in general. Not the one you posted in particular.

That's one sexy kerzenständer for sure by the way. Just beautiful.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X