X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    Maestro,

Yes, that´s the first piece Allach ever made - the SS-Reiter.

Therefore it has the Allach production number "0" - this piece among others was never for public sale (blocked out) and could only be obtained by the will and donation of Himmler or other high ranking NS figures to whom he or eventually even Hitler himself gave permission or the order to donate such an exclusive Allach piece.

The first examples were already manufactured in 1934 - and their development started when it´s sculptor Theodor Kärner was still officially employed and working at Rosenthal.

Allach produced already quite a number of pieces before they were officially found on the 3rd of January in 1936, that´s for sure.

Comment

..thanks!

...appreciate the explanation Thorsten..
      ..very nice piece..

Comment

New addition

Just added this chair to the cultural collection.
        Peter
        Attached Files

Comment

Chair

ii
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
            Peter
            Thats a lovely bauern stuhl / brettstuhl variation as they are also called. I have a few in the family summerhouse. Any idea as to this ones origins? My first thougt was Sweden.

Comment

Here is a pic of the same style of chairs but with swans for the back. Walls of the room is decorated with paintings and verses from the Edda.

Comment

Chair

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                Here is a pic of the same style of chairs but with swans for the back. Walls of the room is decorated with paintings and verses from the Edda.

Swans indeed...........for sure it was this very chair or one just like it that influenced the good Professor Karl Diebitsch in designing the sword and chained dagger fittings for the SS.

Comment

nice photo of a very nice room

I would like to know more about your photo posted here.
                  Is that an old photo of a room in Sweden?
                  I like all depicted in the photo.
                  I Always did like anything to do with the Eddas or old Scandinavian rooms and furniture...ever since I was a kid.

--Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                    Peter
                    Sometimes that style of curving interstitching is called the "Jelling Style" or "the gripping beast" style in English language academic books on ancient Scandinavian art motifs

Comment

...wow...

very nice display Peter. priceless!

Comment

Nice find,thanks for showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                          I would like to know more about your photo posted here.
                          Is that an old photo of a room in Sweden?
                          I like all depicted in the photo.
                          I Always did like anything to do with the Eddas or old Scandinavian rooms and furniture...ever since I was a kid.

--Michael
                          Yes, the photo (and the ones posted now) are from ca. 1880s and from Sweden. The house stands to this day with the same interior. These types of houses in a nationalromantic style came in to fashion during the later part of the 19th century and was built in to early 20th century. There are quite a few around as they are classified as buildingmemories by the national heratigeboard and protected by law.

The house today:

More period pictures of interior. Notice the wallhanging and it's recemblance to some things produced by DHW in the first photo. It even has unicorns.

Comment

Yes, the photo (and the ones posted now) are from ca. 1880s and from Sweden. The house stands to this day with the same interior. These types of houses in a nationalromantic style came in to fashion during the later part of the 19th century and was built in to early 20th century. There are quite a few around as they are classified as buildingmemories by the national heratigeboard and protected by law.

More period pictures of interior. Notice the wallhanging and it's recemblance to some things produced by DHW in the first photo. It even has unicorns.
                            Yes, the style were very popular up here from 1870-1900, at the same time the neo-renaissance flourished in Germany.

Here is a church (!) in Norway built 1050-1100 that they took inspiration from. It's really amazing that this portal is almost 1000 years old. They did some c-14 testing on it some years ago and it proved it's age. It show's that the heathen influecenses lived on up here, long after our lands were under the christian whip.

Comment

Originally posted by RaZpuTiN View Post
                              Yes, the style were very popular up here from 1870-1900, at the same time the neo-renaissance flourished in Germany.

Here is a church (!) in Norway built 1050-1100 that they took inspiration from. It's really amazing that this portal is almost 1000 years old. They did some c-14 testing on it some years ago and it proved it's age. It show's that the heathen influecenses lived on up here, long after our lands were under the christian whip.

The same can be said of in a lot of places in the Germanic world.

Comment

Interesting subject.Is there a site/book around where I can learn more about this kind of furniture and interior decorating ?

Etienne

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X