X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that chair looks awesome!

Comment

Bread Plate

Erich showed us a wooden plate a while back with the words 'Obst und Brot Macht Wangen Rot'. Here's one with the same wording.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Steve T; 08-09-2010, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Hi Peter,

I love your chair!!!!

Best Marc

Comment

Peter,

What a chair! I would like a set of eight please.

I'm sure your wife steers all the company towards it...ha ha. Congratulations.

Richard

Comment

Chair

Thanks for your comments on the chair. Much appreciated!
            Peter

Comment

The chair is wonderful, I have one exactly the same......but without the eagle......and the swas......and the flowers......and hearts......and its not made from wood.....jeez your a tough crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                Joe,

Thank you for the picture of the Yule chest - yes, here it is shown without the Julleuchter on top so one could get the idea that it was indeed for sale to the coomon public, right?

But what was the common public?

We always need to refer to what was the attention of the SS by founding via the Reichsnährstand such a label like the Deutsches Heimatwerk?

How actually has it to be seen?

HIMMLER WAS THE SS and one of his best personal friends and ideological teachers, RICHARD WALTHER DARRÉ, WAS THE REICHSNÄHRSTAND.

Darré was so much like Himmler already because they both were studied farmers, both were strong idealists (yes, others who have no feeling for history will judge them as being idiots, dreamers and finally murderers but if we want to solve the question about any kind of SS culture, religion and creating a life-style on their own we need to take deeply care about what went on in their minds to find out their aims and goals) and both managed to let the SS and their cultural ideas growing to an enormous mass organisation within only a few years!

If we want to find out about their goals - why did they found Allach and the Deutsches Heimatwerk for example - we must read what they spoke about in their speeches (official and inofficial ones - all that is documented and available in the world of today) - nothing more and nothing less.

Problem here up to the present day: there are not really good translations on the market or in archives worldwide for the outspread of understanding, Zeitgeist and circumstances in society within the period in Germany.
                Here is my opinion on the chest pictured...

I believe that the ss celebrations book was written primarily for ss officers with the hope that they would trickle the knowledge down to the subordinate ranks through their acceptance and usage.

Although any class of citizen was eligible to become officers in the SS, unlike the traditional German Army officer corps which only selected from the so-called upper classes, the ss celebrations book is clearly geared for the more educated ranks. I believe that it was hoped that the ss officer corps would adopt not only the beliefs in this book but also the trappings to include the featured furniture and so by their example, the DH furniture would be accepted by the enlisted ranks over time. But in the meantime, featuring the DH produced chest would encourage its purchase by the officers for home use. It was also a clever brand of economic cross-promotion and was consistent with the core ss beliefs.

Comment

Hi guys just had a quick look at this thread and I don´t know if this link has already been posted here but it is a real nice with a lot of pictures of German architecture........the webmaster might be a member here?

http://www.thirdreichruins.com/

All the best
                  Lars

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                    Erich showed us a wooden plate a while back with the words 'Obst und Brot Macht Wangen Rot'. Here's one with the same wording.
                    Nice plate Steve! This slogan fits right in with NSDAP culture of era.

Comment

Of cultural interest perhaps.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks for showing.Very nice items!

Etienne

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                          Hi Steve,

Thanks for showing.Very nice items!

Etienne
                          Thanks Etienne..

I don't have a picture of the happy couple but here's the happy man
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                            Of cultural interest perhaps.
                            I like this Bescheinigung document for more than one reason.

Comment

I know I lack much information on this fascinating subject. However, I do believe the volkish movement to the simplle life and early pre-Christian beliefs was being supported for all the German people. The appeal of 'things old' is a strong one for people who share an ancient culture. The addition of comman (meaning similar) pattern household furniture and utencils that trace the roots of civilization would bring together a culture torn by industrilaization.

I add a photo of the couch that Hitler used, in his Fuhrerbunker personal quarters, in Berlin. Note the volkish pattern of the upholstery. We have seen this in Jule banners and in carvings of volkish furniture. I believe this was the volkish movement back to the roots of Germania.

Bob Hritz
                              Attached Files
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Bob,

Thank you for adding this pic to this thread.

For me there are two possibilities:

- either it is one of the many different pattern offered by the Deutsches Heimatwerk and the stuff has been used for the upholstery of furniture pieces basically manufactured by Vereinigte Werkstätten in Munich for the use in his private and perhaps in Eva Braun´s private rooms as well.
                                At least a complete set designed by Albert Speer and made by Vereinigte Werkstätten is well documented with a complete orderer list, prices, date of delivery, number and function of the different pieces and pics of some of these pieces as well.

- or the pattern has been created and used only by the Vereinigten Werkstätten themselves.

But the style of used pagan related motifs and their artificial appearance like distictive flowers and the jumping stags are typical for the Heimatwerk pattern - maybe the archiv of the Vereinigte Werkstätten still treasures a yet undiscovered little muster piece of that or other patterns.

I wonder what finally happened to these furniture pieces - some original pieces have been given back to the german state by the USA some years ago: Hitler´s personal huge desk from his bureau in the Neue Reichskanzlei is visable in the exhibition in the DHM (Deutsches Historisches Museum) in Berlin.

The curators of this german museum are really open-minded and very smart!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X