This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the runic marriage tray: any ideas?

I want to bring this never before seen piece back into discussion that MEHT showed us:
    I would like other's ideas or information.
    Here was My conjencture:

"...slightly different than most items we see. A very interesting difference-even with the teller. I believe the tray is showing the resurgence in an interest in heraldic devices for family names. If an old heraldry was not known, a new heraldric design was to be made(with runic motifs if possible)...for those who wanted them. And yes, some in the SS would have gone for this for sure.
    ---In my humble opinion. "

Below was MEHT's information

Originally posted by m-e-h-t View Post
    Michael,

the tray is showing the year of marriage (1941), the first letter of their names, and their year of birth, but what is the meaning of the numbers above the runes? Must have a relation to their family, but which? Couldnt be the year of birth of their parents ...
    Anybody else have any ideas? or guesses?

(Well for some reason the photo did not load...will post it again)

Comment

the runic marriage tray photo

Here is the photo from MEHT-this time , I hope
      Attached Files

Comment

Me and Thorsten got into a little sidediscussion on odal versus erdarunes. Let me point out that this has no meaning or impact on the collecting what so ever but merly serve as some more information on the use of runes in the third reich.

I dug up a book on german Sinnzeichen from 1941 where the distinction between odalrunes and odalrunes with "feet" is clearly made. However it is not named Erda in this particular book but merly named after its phonetical value "oe" whereas Odal is "o". Still it recognises that theere is a difference.

Comment

Walther Blachetta

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
            Walther Blachetta
            Correct, and published on Widukind Verlag.

Comment

I stood on a nice looking old german carpet today
              what do the NS Cultural Experts say about it?

Andreas
              Attached Files

Comment

could also be a kind of Hunter-Carpet with the Deers and cats
                Attached Files

Comment

We have to be careful not to confuse TR artifacts with German antiques. We should re-visit forum member Kaiser Wilhem's comments to this particular phenomenon.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                    We have to be careful not to confuse TR artifacts with German antiques. We should re-visit forum member Kaiser Wilhem's comments to this particular phenomenon.

I echo that fully

problem is.. for the novice collector (or collector of something else) who is may not be able to acquire a DHW catalouge and doesnt have the appropiate Books in his Shelf, has to rely on this Thread for Example...so sorry if the carpet has nothing to do with the Deutsche Heimatwerk Products or NS Culture...these days,you never know though

P.S. a few sites back of this Thread was a Carpet posted (ebay link) that had similiraties with this carpet

P.S.S. maybe its Hermann Görings Jägerteppich from Carinhall

Andreas
                    Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 02-20-2011, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Unfortenately this carpet has nothing to do with TR period and is not of german descent - but it was indeed well worth a try

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                        Unfortenately this carpet has nothing to do with TR period and is not of german descent - but it was indeed well worth a try
                        Vielen Dank Thorsten

btw..this thread has over 30.000views now.. and started not even a year ago..wow

Comment

Here's a Scottish 'cultural item' .....................
                          Attached Files

Comment

Dhw

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post

I echo that fully

problem is.. for the novice collector (or collector of something else) who is may not be able to acquire a DHW catalouge and doesnt have the appropiate Books in his Shelf, has to rely on this Thread for Example...so sorry if the carpet has nothing to do with the Deutsche Heimatwerk Products or NS Culture...these days,you never know though

P.S. a few sites back of this Thread was a Carpet posted (ebay link) that had similiraties with this carpet

P.S.S. maybe its Hermann Görings Jägerteppich from Carinhall

Andreas
                            überhaupt kein Problem, Andreas - we are all learning here and from this thread. The possibility that there are unknown examples out there is exciting - but it is a dangerous field to be in! Here is a rare DHW carpet from Lebensborn!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looks great ! nice text too
                              Was this originally a carpet ?It would be a shame to walk on it.It looks nicer while hanging on a wall

Comment

It is the wall tapestry of the first Lebensbornheim "Hochland" in Steinhöring.

Was recently in 43th auction of Andreas Thies for 12.000 Euros (Lot 430) but was not sold.

Size: H 330 cm x L 210 cm - for sure a unique and impressive piece.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X