This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.. you son of a gun!!

Thorsten, where have you been hiding this one! it awsome!
    Erich, very nice treasure as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
      I want to bring this never before seen piece back into discussion that MEHT showed us:
      I would like other's ideas or information.
      Here was My conjencture:

"...slightly different than most items we see. A very interesting difference-even with the teller. I believe the tray is showing the resurgence in an interest in heraldic devices for family names. If an old heraldry was not known, a new heraldric design was to be made(with runic motifs if possible)...for those who wanted them. And yes, some in the SS would have gone for this for sure.
      ---In my humble opinion. "

Below was MEHT's information

Anybody else have any ideas? or guesses?

(Well for some reason the photo did not load...will post it again)
      Well, it is definantly a 'hausmarke' on the right. With the right books I think there is a very good chance to identify the family it belongs to.

Comment

Thank you all...

...for your nice comments!

So I think it´s time to show another Sippenleuchter.

Voilà - here we go:
        Attached Files

Comment

The doubled spiral is a well-known symbol representing a year with summer- and wintersolstice and so human being´s life as a whole and finally eternity based on natural law.
          Attached Files

Comment

Again another evidence for the status of german craftmanship in the period:
            Attached Files

Comment

Strike while the iron is hot!

DHW - here we go again!

This is how the wrought iron hinges of the most expensive and elaborated DHW closet look like:

described in the 1940 DHW furniture catalog with "mit hangeschmiedeten Lebensbaumbeschlägen und Schloß" = with wrought iron hinges (or better: strike plates) and lock in shape of trees of life.
              Attached Files

Comment

The pics ought to be vertical instead of horizontal but you get the idea, I suppose.

Comment

Full view of the closet:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Swedish 1880s teppich raises questions

Minnesinger has done us all a great service. Here he shows a beautiful teppich that many would declare a TR era related item, a DHW item or an SS item.
                    The problem is it is a photo from Sweden in 1880.

I wonder just how many teppiches claimed to be DHW, SS, etc are really the real thing.

Any one thinking about getting one of these rugs had better ask for proof.
                    If there is no proof given, then the price needs to drop to a real bargain price.
                    Because that is all it is worth without actual proof.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here we go again ;-)

Your implication is clear and still mainly, if not only, due to your personal hatred agenda against me in person - a hatred which obviously controlls you instead of you controlling it or managing to get over it.

Nonetheless: As I already stated the weaving mills being in contract with the DHW partially continued manufacturing their traditional production range (means patterns) and step by step developed - out of these very old traditional patterns - new variants combined with modern symbolism of the period.

The piece for example I lately sold in the E-stand was without any doubt an original DHW piece coming along with picture evidence from one of the early DHW booklets I own.

Since we are on that track that actually in general raises another question:

Not too long ago you mentioned that you for example do have a very informative article from the period regarding construction and use of wooden cultural and family chests.

Since you always wait for any hints and sources I would highly appreciate it - and also everybody else interested in collecting cultural TR and SS pieces, I suppose - if you could share that specific article with us.

Comment

"If there is no proof given, then the price needs to drop to a real bargain price.
                        Because that is all it is worth without actual proof."

Haha - now we are getting somewhere!

Good pieces always stand on their own merits and especially good cultural pieces.
                        It´s up to each collector´s knowledge, taste and financial ability and preference if he is interested in a piece and actually is able and willing to purchase it or not.

Just because you want to see prices falling down - for which reason anyway - it won´t happen.

By the way: it´s especially the undiscovered fields of TR and SS history and their pieces that fuels my passion.

And this thread gives at least evidence to the fact that I am not the only one.

Comment

Another wooden beauty...

...no need to explain for what it is meant to be.

The cultural enthusiast will realize at first glance
                          Attached Files

Comment

And another tapestry...

...maybe in the style of DHW pieces
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is his bigger brother:

Bigger and of different wood but without any doubt the same master carver.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                                Bigger and of different wood but without any doubt the same master carver.
                                I like how the letters hangs over the rim. Don't think I've seen that before. Toll.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X