This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    Hmm... - maybe one by one so that the pic is finally in propper position?!

Whatever - hot BDM chick!
    Thought I show my BDM chick that I just purchased. Not exactly a SS cultural item, but very much TR cultural item nonetheless.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Filip View Post
        Thought I show my BDM chick that I just purchased. Not exactly a SS cultural item, but very much TR cultural item nonetheless.
        Nice to see any cultural items in here, there are lots of items that are not specifically SS here

Comment

Bigger and of different wood but without any doubt the same master carver.
          Nice plates Thorsten

Comment

Hand-outs for the good Gottglaubige, lots of sing songs and celebrations for the German who didn't fancy Church any more

Four planned for the series, maybe someone here can post the 4th if it was published?
            Attached Files

Comment

Your implication is clear and still mainly, if not only, due to your personal hatred agenda against me in person - a hatred which obviously controlls you instead of you controlling it or managing to get over it.

Are you talking about when you tried to rip me off until the WAF moderator forced you to pay me back?
              Because if you are: no, I dont hate you, I just know you are not to be trusted, ever.
              I am talking about the very beautiful Swedish rug from 1880 that is just a bit too much like many other teppiches we have seen on this thread.

lets address the Swedish teppich from 1880 that someone might be tempted to claim was TR era, DHW or even SS without any proof except a seller's claims.

If you dont want to address this Swedish rug then dont share at all.
              Attached Files

Comment

Serious problem with Teppiches

So here are two photos:
                1: is a lady working an industrial loom weaving a very nice teppich with the a pattern very reminicent of many shown here!...but her hairstlye and cloths are not TR era. She looks like it was 1970 or even more modern.
                2: The Swedish teppich from 1880 ...50 yrs too soon!

So maybe we all know why there are so many teppiches around these days.

Lets talk about teppiches and not personalities, please
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Michael Fay; 03-13-2011, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Michael,
                  Not sure if you know but that's a cropped picture, there is a tapestry behind the lady too. I think its 1979.

Comment

Originally posted by Filip View Post
                    Great piece. Thanks for showing it. Thumbs-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                      Michael,
                      Not sure if you know but that's a cropped picture, there is a tapestry behind the lady too. I think its 1979.
                      Steve,
                      While I cropped it to allow better emphasis on the design on the teppich shown ,the photo I have access to does not show another rug behind her, perhaps it has been cropped multiple times?. I think the design is alarmingly similar to actual designs of the time. Especially the drooping flower motif...that is in a style that was used in designs and furniture(I cant say it is exact or not, but sure is too similar for comfort) i have seen on WAF and elsewhere .
                      So now that style of pattern is not enough to prove it is period anymore.

So what type of pattern is on the rug I have not seen yet? Does it also look like the types we are discussing?
                      Thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                        So here are two photos:
                        1: is a lady working an industrial loom weaving a very nice teppich with the a pattern very reminicent of many shown here!...but her hairstlye and cloths are not TR era. She looks like it was 1970 or even more modern.
                        2: The Swedish teppich from 1880 ...50 yrs too soon!

So maybe we all know why there are so many teppiches around these days.

Lets talk about teppiches and not personalities, please
                        Wow, the plot thickens. Very interesting photo to the left with the woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                          Wow, the plot thickens. Very interesting photo to the left with the woman.
                          Yeah I looked closely at the photo/poster it is a slightly balding man with longish hair and a slight beard...all in all looking 1970s and as Steve says 1979.

So the Swedish teppich is 50 years too old to be TR era ,and this teppich (if 1979) then 39 years to young to be TR era.

that is a lot of years of production with no association with Third Reich, DHW or SS.

Comment

Yeah I looked closely at the photo/poster it is a slightly balding man with longish hair and a slight beard...all in all looking 1970s and as Steve says 1979.

So the Swedish teppich is 50 years too old to be TR era ,and this teppich (if 1979) then 39 years to young to be TR era.

that is a lot of years of production with no association with Third Reich, DHW or SS.
                            Agreed. This really strengthens the importance of finding period photos and catalogs from and of the DHW production.

Comment

...maybe in the style of DHW pieces
                              Nice but those cross stitchings are a dime a dozen at any fleemarket. My oma has more of those than you can shake a stick at. It was a popular hobby for women to make those and still is. Patterns are bought or ready available in women's magazines.

Comment

Steve,
                                While I cropped it to allow better emphasis on the design on the teppich shown ,the photo I have access to does not show another rug behind her, perhaps it has been cropped multiple times?. I think the design is alarmingly similar to actual designs of the time. Especially the drooping flower motif...that is in a style that was used in designs and furniture(I cant say it is exact or not, but sure is too similar for comfort) i have seen on WAF and elsewhere .
                                So now that style of pattern is not enough to prove it is period anymore.

So what type of pattern is on the rug I have not seen yet? Does it also look like the types we are discussing?
                                Thanks
                                Michael,
                                Its right behind her. If she turned around she could operate another machine. The business closed in 2000.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 49 users online. 0 members and 49 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X