This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    It is the wall tapestry of the first Lebensbornheim "Hochland" in Steinhöring.

Was recently in 43th auction of Andreas Thies for 12.000 Euros (Lot 430) but was not sold.

Size: H 330 cm x L 210 cm - for sure a unique and impressive piece.
    Stunning piece and impressive size. Museum quality for sure.
    Last edited by Minnesinger; 02-21-2011, 06:19 AM.

Comment

I am getting my books organized after yet another move and thougt I show of one of my favorites. Along with his pigmurder-book I have to say that this was the title I had most trouble getting my hands on by Darré - Neuordnung unseres Denkens (new order of our thought).

Comment

OK - I throw in another...

...fine DHW tapestry - enjoy!
        Attached Files

Comment

More details...

...beautiful manufactured as all DHW products
          Attached Files

Comment

And the other side - as I already explained the DHW offered quite a number of different patterns.

Size of this one is: L 120 cm x H 170 cm - just the perfect match for one´s individual Yule- and Family corner ahead of the chest
            Attached Files

Comment

now that's a nice looking tapestry!

Comment

Thank you!

I try my best to get these pieces out of their boxes and foxholes

Oh - and I made a mistake: Length is 130 cm, not 120 cm - the Yule chests are almost 130 cm as well so it is perfect harmony like the example visable in the SS Family book.
                Last edited by Thorsten B.; 02-21-2011, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Here comes the sun...

Attached Files

Comment

...and it keeps shining
                    Attached Files

Comment

So another...

...DHW tapestry pattern has successfully been identified.

Mission accomplished

Comment

...DHW tapestry pattern has successfully been identified.

Mission accomplished
                        I know its very difficult to find provenance and documentation but to someone that does appreciate seeing some evidence this is nice to see.

I'm wondering, because of I cannot see any type of hanging system, and the way the edges are very simply hemmed over, together with the fact a fringe is easy to add to weaving to make wall hangings, whether this above unicorn pattern was perhaps weaved for upholstery material, ideal as we can see from the documentation for upholstering furniture? Obviously Thorsten can better judge this as he has it to inspect.

Whatever is was meant for its also easy to make something to hang it with to make a nice wall hanging.

Thanks for showing

Comment

Thank you, Steve!

Well, definitely the DHW offered several types of tapestries according to the pics in their booklets and docs I have:

On the one hand regarding the different type of dense- and thickness due to the used patterns, the woollen material, sizes and so finally the weight of these pieces and on the other hand in regards to their use in different rooms in one´s household.

For example the pattern with the big central tree of life was the most elaborated and expensive one since it was meant to decorate the SS-Yule and Family corner and representative rooms in official buildings of the party and the Reich as well - a well-known example is the one visable in the conference room of the DAF-school in the castle of Erwitte, just 20 km away from Wewelsburg castle.

Nonetheless the tapestry shown in the Weitzel book depicts a different pattern and unfortenately this pic - like many, but not all! - is cropped.
                          Maybe the big tree of life pattern was not being part of the DHW production range yet and when that pic was taken the whole DHW project - like any other cultural and artistic one as well - was still in progress and development.

Have in mind that it is still unknown - at least to me - when indeed the Weitzel book was not only published but also: when actually have the pics visable in the book really been taken?

There were other possibilities than only suspension loops like for example wood mouldings or rings for hanging the tapestries, that´s for sure.

Copies of my booklets would help to get a better imagination and evidence, I think.

Comment

Thank you, Steve!

For example the pattern with the big central tree of life was the most elaborated and expensive one ................. a well-known example is the one visable in the conference room of the DAF-school in the castle of Erwitte, just 20 km away from Wewelsburg castle.
                            This one is the big tree of life pattern? is there a photo of this tapestry?

Comment

Tapestry in Erwitte

Here is the picture of the conference room in the DAF-school in the castle of Erwitte - note also the NS-typical lamp and the national emblems on the elaborated wooden chairs made of oak and pig leather!

The suspension loops of the DHW tapestry are clearly visable and the piece is longer than the usual offered size offered in the DHW catalogue - as I already stated within this thread the DHW produced on the one hand the official and - due to their publications - well-known production range and on the other hand special arrangements on demand by the orderer, either private clients or official clients like party organisations or buildings of the state, districts and cities.
                              Attached Files

Comment

More pics of Erwitte

The castle of Erwitte was restored including it´s huge surroundings and the DAF with it´s head Dr. Robert Ley had all the money and man-power it needed for that project:

Still today this historical place is well worth a visit and a lot of the original interieur and exterieur is still in good shape.

Although some reliefs and artistic details are missing the impressive national emblem of the Horst-Wessel-Halle is still in pristine original condition - the swastika has just been covered with cement.

If anyone wants to study the artistic skills of the sculptor Willy Meller - Erwitte is the way to go!

Following pics show the Dr. Robert Ley-Saal in the restored castle and the completely new erected Horst Wessel-Halle which is still in perfect condition.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X