• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horst-Wessel-Halle today:

Source: Wikipedia

Copyright: "Er und Witte" in 2009
    --------------------------------------------------

The green appearing Sandstein is the typical stone used for reliefs and decoration of buildings since centuries:

the Anröchter Dolomit - the SS-Obergruppenführersaal in the north tower of Wewelsburg castle (the 12 pillars for example) is decorated with the exact same type of stone.
    Attached Files

Comment

Side view

Source: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/22604595

Copyright: "UlRai"
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the most interesting NS-buildings in almost full authentic condition.
      Attached Files

Comment

nice place and a great restaurant

Comment

The Horst Wessel-halle is really neat. However I visited a school in Bayern a few years ago that has a eagle that puts the Erwitte to shame. I estimated it was six metres in wingspan. Swastika removed of course.

To keep to the cultural topic I picked up a neat little plate today. Lovely handwork with a farmer in the middle using a scythe and the text brot für alle hat die mutter erde around it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
            Here is the picture of the conference room in the DAF-school in the castle of Erwitte - note also the NS-typical lamp and the national emblems on the elaborated wooden chairs made of oak and pig leather!

The suspension loops of the DHW tapestry are clearly visable and the piece is longer than the usual offered size offered in the DHW catalogue - as I already stated within this thread the DHW produced on the one hand the official and - due to their publications - well-known production range and on the other hand special arrangements on demand by the orderer, either private clients or official clients like party organisations or buildings of the state, districts and cities.
            Thank you for the photos - yes, I do know this photo with the long tapestry but thought there was a new one out there.

thanks for the info.

Comment

Small damage at the top but still nice.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
              Last edited by Minnesinger; 02-24-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                Small damage at the top but still nice.

Its' a handsome plate, nicely carved and very good condition apart from the little chip. Very nice

From the saying 'Mother Earth has Bread for All' I would guess its a plate for Christian family. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                  Its' a handsome plate, nicely carved and very good condition apart from the little chip. Very nice

From the saying 'Mother Earth has Bread for All' I would guess its a plate for Christian family. What do you think?
                  I actually made it out non-christian because of the mother earth part. The thought of the earth as an entity got people killed in Europe for a long time since it was considered pagan worshipping it. This is the first I've seen with this spruch so I guess it's speculations until some period pics from a SS or christian home surfaces with it. It is most certain not a bible-verse like unser täglich brot gibt uns heute anyways.
                  Last edited by Minnesinger; 02-24-2011, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                    I actually made it out non-christian because of the mother earth part. The thought of the earth as an entity got people killed in Europe for a long time since it was considered pagan worshipping it. This is the first I've seen with this spruch so I guess it's speculations until some period pics from a SS or christian home surfaces with it. It is most certain not a bible-verse like unser täglich brot gibt uns heute anyways.
                    Or even a Christian SS home

Comment

Wow - I think discussing that kind of topic in the period with Onkel Heinrich would have finally paid off with a one-way-ticket to Dachau

Comment

Dachau and surroundings

For getting a lesson there regarding the creation of Himmler´s religious pieces:
                        Attached Files

Comment

... what a beautiful piece!

..Thorsten, is this Allach made piece?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                            For getting a lesson there regarding the creation of Himmler´s religious pieces:

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                              ..Thorsten, is this Allach made piece?
                              allach
                              Karner's SS Reiter...

Comment

SS-Reiter

Maestro,

Yes, that´s the first piece Allach ever made - the SS-Reiter.

Therefore it has the Allach production number "0" - this piece among others was never for public sale (blocked out) and could only be obtained by the will and donation of Himmler or other high ranking NS figures to whom he or eventually even Hitler himself gave permission or the order to donate such an exclusive Allach piece.

The first examples were already manufactured in 1934 - and their development started when it´s sculptor Theodor Kärner was still officially employed and working at Rosenthal.

Allach produced already quite a number of pieces before they were officially found on the 3rd of January in 1936, that´s for sure.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X