Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether you like Thorsten or not, there is an independent person now, Steve, who has vouched for the piece and the runes as being there before Thorsten ever had the piece in his possession.

Again, your issues with Thorsten aside, Steve has an excellent reputation here so I would not hesitate to believe his account of this. It should be a dead issue now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack83 View Post
      Whether you like Thorsten or not, there is an independent person now, Steve, who has vouched for the piece and the runes as being there before Thorsten ever had the piece in his possession.

Again, your issues with Thorsten aside, Steve has an excellent reputation here so I would not hesitate to believe his account of this. It should be a dead issue now.
      I believe this piece is vouched for being 3 weeks with runes. Hardly a powerful defence of this item, nor am I questioning Steve...funny you try to set me up as if I am....
      Beware SS wood gurus with carving tools and their sycophants
      Attached Files

Comment

Now he starts fantasizing and gets eaten away by his jealousy - unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
          I believe this piece is vouched for being 3 weeks with runes. Hardly a powerful defence of this item, nor am I questioning Steve...funny you try to set me up as if I am....
          Beware SS wood gurus with carving tools and their sycophants
          Um, what? Read my post again Michael.

Your whole point has been that not only has the piece been altered with the addition of the runes but that Thorsten is responsible for it. As I pointed out, Steve has refuted that point that Thorsten is responsible as he saw the runes well before Thorsten purchased it.

That being said, you seem to continue to blame Thorsten somehow for this piece.

The issue of Thorsten making the carvings is the dead issue. Why not continue to discuss the originality of the piece without letting your bias cloud your judgment? Do you have any other evidence beside Thorsten is the one who posted?

And for the record, I did not imply or set you up for anything.

Comment

Thorsten,

can you please provide some good close up photos of the Runes of that chest. Im talking about a good Makro shot please.
            for me the runes just do not match up with the quality work of the other carvings of that chest.
            Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 11-11-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack83 View Post
              . Why not continue to discuss the originality of the piece without letting your bias cloud your judgment?
              for such a discussion..good detail photos are needed from the carvings, from the hinges, lock, from the inside, some traces of wear etc etc

Gebläht im Sommerwinde
              Gebleicht auf grüner Au
              Liegt ruhig jetzt im Spinde
              Zum Stolz der deutschen Frau

this saying on the chest is actually well known for Laundry chests of the 19th to 20th century...not really match for a SS family chest..more for a hard working Maid or Mothers chest to store the laundry away!

http://www.leinenkammer.de/ueber-uns/52.html
              Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 11-11-2011, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Can we get back to SS cultural items and not just any wood item that is thought to belived to be ss. A thread could be started on a item in question and analyzed there. Then posted here if need be. This thread in the past postings have turned into for the most part a flee market by throsten of any wood item that looks like it was made prior to 1950's.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post
                  Can we get back to SS cultural items and not just any wood item that is thought to belived to be ss. A thread could be started on a item in question and analyzed there. Then posted here if need be. This thread in the past postings have turned into for the most part a flee market by throsten of any wood item that looks like it was made prior to 1950's.
                  I like it as it is.

I could genuinely believe I have a SS cultural item and post it in here, but, you say " Can we get back to SS cultural items and not just any wood item that is thought to belived to be ss." and to make such a suggestion, you must have your own thoughts on what makes an SS cultural item. I will likely have a different list in my head as to what SS cultural items are.

See what I mean? We may as well just discuss the items in here, its simpler.
                  Last edited by Steve T; 11-11-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Don't get me wrong Steve I enjoy seeing the wood worked items. But not all wood items are SS cultured. Some are third reich culture and have their own area. It would be no different if the cross guys started posting pics of just the iron cross because its Germanic

Comment

I am not here to educate people.

I am here to share and enjoy my hobby of doing research and collecting cultural items of the period and of the SS in particular which is so amazing because little is officially known regarding this subject which meant much more to the leaders of the Third Reich than the whole collector scene - with few outstanding exceptions - has really realized yet.

But instead of being willing to learn and discuss in a decent manner some folks are driven by envy (I have no other explanation for their silly and mean behaviour, really) and misuse this and other threads to blame serious collectors who are helping each other and just love to share - and develope! - by doing so.

This was once an enjoyable thread, due to continuing jealousy and pure ignorance it turned into a "Let´s blame Thorsten B. for our ignorance and misery in our life-thread" and this is not the only one.

I won´t leave the hobby.

But I will leave these bitchers alone with their jealousy and ignorance - I have better things to do in my life than this s***.

I will just write a book about what REALLY SS culture means, then the bitchers can buy it and don´t get any positive impulses for free here anymore.

To Andreas:

You can examine the chest in person if you want - that´s all I can do for you and that´s much more than many would be willing to offer.

This chest IS an outstanding authentic SS family chest - whether you bitchers like it or not.

Close-ups and details of my studies can be studied in my book about SS culture.

Start to enjoy your hobby.

Comment

Thorsten, im no "bitcher" or hater..i still enjoy this thread and most items shown here
                        If you do not want to educate people here and just want to show in your opinion authentic ss cultural items..fine.

If you want people buying your book, you cannot call a vintage Laundry chest made probably approx 1900 - 1920 a authentic ss family chest, just because it has some applied runes on it that not even come close to the rest of the quality carvings on this " Laundry Box".

Comment

"I am not here to educate people"-Thorsten

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          I am not here to educate people.

I will just write a book about what REALLY SS culture means, then the bitchers can buy it and don´t get any positive impulses for free here anymore.

Oh boy! a book on SS culture with actual proofs and evidence for every item showcased...
                          Oh...wait...it will be written by Thorsten.
                          So...there will be no proof of authenticity
                          and no evidence at all of any kind
                          only the author's demanding that it is legit......
                          and padded with fakes
                          and all for sale to the lucky collector

AS Thorsten honestly says at the start of his last post
                          " I am not here to educate people"

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your worthful SS cultural expert´s statement.

Therefore: Beware of SS cultural experts in WAF clothing!

Michael, guess what?

I know there is a second chest identical to mine in existence - due to privacy reasons I do respect I won´t tell you who the owner is but you do know him.

Andreas,

Come here and see the piece in person and develope your skills and learn a bit more about real SS culture and it´s objects, just a bit, you know?

All your statements are enlightening in regards to what you really know about SS culture and religion - poor, but still enlightening.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                              Michael, guess what?

I know there is a second chest identical to mine in existence - due to privacy reasons I do respect I won´t tell you who the owner is but you do know him.
                              No doubt...But also without any evidence or proof they are legitimite TR era in totality.
                              No doubt there will many more "identical chests" messed up with pretty runes marked up on Oma's and Nana's Laundry chests soon coming out and put on hermann historica

In your workshop photo That one wood carving awl furthest right on the top shelf looks about the right size for carving those runes...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Well,

I lean back in my chair and have to laugh my butt off due to your comments - priceless, really!

And by looking at my SS wooden beauty - among others, of course - right next to me I know I did right when printing out the offerer´s statement in regards to the history of this chest.

And the more you try to fight me and my pieces - the more you know that I am right.

I am just successful in what I am doing, that´s your - and the other whiners - real problem, I guess.

Too bad that all of you experts are obviously not man enough to admit that - and having fun and develope altogether by sharing each other´s hunted pieces in here.

In the end via your expressed statements you ruin your left reputation and this hobby in itself.

Therefore: Beware of SS cultural expert´s in WAF clothing!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 207 users online. 0 members and 207 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X