X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don,

I couldn´t agree more.

By posting a link where one finds the explanationthat an antique traditional farmer´s chest bears - almost - the same carved dedication makes mine even more real.

Instead of that he claims without further details:

"...and you will soon realise you have a nice vinatge Laundry chest or farmers chest..given from the parents to their daughter for her wedding..mostly with a good Bale of Linen."

Exactly that is what SS cultural items were meant to be, how they were defined by Himmler, Darré, Weitzel, Weigel and other responsible SS-members being active in the cultural sector and development of the SS:

To continue and re-awake the traditional spirit, design and craftmanship of the artisans and farmers in the Reich as it had already been presented until the uprise of industrialization within the 19th and early 20th century - that century was seen as the evil itself:

- uprise of capitalism and replacing the worthful handmade peasant furniture pieces and style by mass-produced politically left-winged based ideas, concepts and products since the end of WWI, Art Déco design (for example chairs made of metal and chrome and the provoking design in which these furniture pieces came along) and the so-called german Bauhaus in Weimar and Dessau.

These were defined the cultural enemies of the NSDAP and especially the SS - and after the election of Hitler in 1933 the Bauhaus was immediately closed.

The crusade of culture had started - at the end of 1933 the first official exhibition of the DHW started in Berlin - maybe that helps to get the picture.

Oh - and yes, my chest is still an original cultural product of the SS.

You need more background info?

You still got questions regarding this chest?

I am happily looking forward to any well-based opinions brought forward in a decent manner which enables to turn this thread and discussion into something creative and worthful again - because that´s what culture is all about.

Comment

...Tapestry

Don, as promised, here's a rough picture.. it came out darker, cause i had to use flash.. i'll try to get a better picture during a sunnier day without flash..
      Attached Files

Comment

I was just wondering if this sofa was also SS cultural piece out of Deutsches Heimatwerk catalogue????
        Attached Files

Comment

Good eye, Filip!

I asked that also myself and it may very well be the case since quite similar patterns where indeed distributed by the DHW and often enough these few hand-selected companies - found and organized by authorities and leaders of the Third Reich to show officially what good taste and design ought to be and has to look like - providing the new germanic interieur design and fashionable look worked together.

The visable chair from the Neue Reichskanzlei is definitely a piece from the Vereinigte Werkstätten München and so is this davenport on which Adolf and Eva Hitler took their last rest.

Comment

Wikinger

I've not been in to post much lately so here's a picture, a snap of the weaving pattern 'Wikinger'. I like the rusty red/brown tone of this one, it goes nicely with the earthy tones of a Julleuchter and natural oak.

Due to the swastika and runes, a pattern that I very much doubt would have been made past 1945.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Steve T; 11-23-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Very nice, love the candle holder.

Comment

These pieces have just been made for each other - stunning pic!

Comment

Nice set up Steve.Really like the weaving pattern

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                    I've not been in to post much lately so here's a picture, a snap of the weaving pattern 'Wikinger'. I like the rusty red/brown tone of this one, it goes nicely with the earthy tones of a Julleuchter and natural oak.

Due to the swastika and runes, a pattern that I very much doubt would have been made past 1945.
                    Absolutely smashing. I have got to get me one of those.

Comment

Steve, a 1st class display in every way and you're already for Julfest!

Comment

Another uncommon piece of the Reichsnährstand is this enamel sign: Dorfkasse

Einer für alle - Alle für einen = Each for all - All for each.
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice stuff guys! Steve, that Wikinger tap is extraordinary. Love the runes on that one. You always find the best stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                            Don, as promised, here's a rough picture.. it came out darker, cause i had to use flash.. i'll try to get a better picture during a sunnier day without flash..
                            very nice color combination and design
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post

..another favorite
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks all, glad you liked the picture.

Erich, yes almost ready but I used the wrong candle, here's the proper one.

Thorsten, nice odal sign, 'All for One and One for All', The Three Muskateers
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 54 users online. 0 members and 54 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X