X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    Andreas,

Come here and see the piece in person and develope your skills and learn a bit more about real SS culture and it´s objects, just a bit, you know?

All your statements are enlightening in regards to what you really know about SS culture and religion - poor, but still enlightening.
    I should actually shut up now, because it makes no sense to discuss this with you...probably too much chemical stripper and Thinner inhaled already so you will stay on your cloud..

I can just recommend you, close your SS Books and read some proper books about german furniture and cultural background...and you will soon realise you have a nice vinatge Laundry chest or farmers chest..given from the parents to their daughter for her wedding..mostly with a good Bale of Linen.

Comment

"I should actually shut up now..."

I couldn´t agree more.

When you might be ready for the truth just let me know, ok?

But it probably will take some time, though.

Comment

"In your workshop photo That one wood carving awl furthest right on the top shelf looks about the right size for carving those runes.."

Absolutely brilliant!

Comment

Dave,

More absolutely brilliant stuff for you.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jack83 View Post
            Um, what? Read my post again Michael.

Your whole point has been that not only has the piece been altered with the addition of the runes but that Thorsten is responsible for it. As I pointed out, Steve has refuted that point that Thorsten is responsible as he saw the runes well before Thorsten purchased it.

That being said, you seem to continue to blame Thorsten somehow for this piece.

The issue of Thorsten making the carvings is the dead issue. Why not continue to discuss the originality of the piece without letting your bias cloud your judgment? Do you have any other evidence beside Thorsten is the one who posted?

And for the record, I did not imply or set you up for anything.
            You don't seem to know Jack, Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
              You don't seem to know Jack, Jack.

Ok.

Comment

IM sorry thorsten

Know what thorsten I'm going to apolgize for all of my comments and burry the hatchet. All the items you put up are irrefutable and need to be idolized in all aspects. And when you publish your book a simple peon like me would be greatful for all the items you put in the book, your book will be held in the highest regard right next to angolia's books. And to show no hard feeling its not as nice as yours but i came across a sippentruhe also
                Attached Files

Comment

Now that´s a unique one - pure white as well!

Looks like a Diebitsch piece, maybe initially for Himmler´s Häschen.

Comment

Tony, no offence, but personally, this would not be for my collection. Usually if there are too many runes, it means that they were added post-war. This just has too many runes. Like someone is tryiing TOO hard to make it look like an authentic ss piece.

Comment

Don,

You are invited as well to inspect this lovely SS family chest in person - just might take you a bit of time and money but in the end it´s well worth the trip.

This piece would be a highlight of any SS collection and would be a great unique add to any museum for exhibition also.

As I said: two are known so far worldwide and both definitely from the same master carver so from the same man - pre 8th of May 1945, of course.

After you inspected it here is the right tool to rest in:
                      Attached Files

Comment

so it is for sale? why would you sell such a hard to find chest so fast after acquiring it?

nice chair.

Comment

Please correct me if I am wrong but I cannot remember stating anywhere that I will actually sell this chest - ever.

But for what it´s worth - just make me an offer.

You like the chair so here it is again:
                          Attached Files

Comment

lamp aint bad either.

Comment

Thank you!

Well, both belong to the same community of kin so to speak.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                                those tapestries really fooled everyone for a short while, including myself!

You live, you learn. I'm more suspicious now, with good reason.
                                What does that mean? Were the tapestries no TR era items?

Uli

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 377 users online. 0 members and 377 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X