X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maestro,

A nice set-up for your tapestry

Much nicer than my rather more cheap and rustic approach when hanging a small Lebensbaum where I shortened my broom handle by a couple of feet.

Comment

Steve,

You have not only a stunning DHW tapestry but also a complete Julkerze set () now - a pleasure to see the stunning condition as well.

What about another pic with the Julleuchter in the middle?

By looking at the whole appearance and dimensions of the smaller DHW Truhen-Anrichte (Nr. 91) I am sure the cultural concept behind this one was to represent a cheaper alternative for those who could not afford the more luxurious DHW Jul chest and still enable them building their own Jul-und Sippenecke with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
        Steve,

You have not only a stunning DHW tapestry but also a complete Julkerze set () now - a pleasure to see the stunning condition as well.

What about another pic with the Julleuchter in the middle?
        Yes, you are right, it's natural position is in the centre, everything is symmetrical, the truhen-anrichte and tapestry and the design on the tapestry. I normally have the Julleuchter in the centre with a plate each side,it just looks right that way.

Indeed, the DHW-91 lends itself well for being a Jul-Chest, so I have the poor man's Jul-ecke.

I shall take another picture when I light the candle

Comment

Lebensbaum

It's the time of year to dig out your winter woollies, the Lebensbaum motif surely being one of the most popular designs, then head off to your local DHW to sort out some seasonal family gifts.
          Attached Files

Comment

Great add.

Comment

...and while browsing down at the DHW,I came across this, a really nice leather Lebensbaum motif iPad case for the tech' savy wife or girlfriend.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                Another uncommon piece of the Reichsnährstand is this enamel sign: Dorfkasse

Einer für alle - Alle für einen = Each for all - All for each.
                I've seen those but it was the Raiffeisenwappen with the Pferdeköpfe and not odalrune. Sure this was Reichsnährstand and not just a "logo" used during a short period of time? After all Raiffeisen has allways been closely linked to farmers.

Comment

Sure.

Comment

Ok.

Comment

Thank you for sharing that pic which is a nice add to the history of these two different enamel signs which I share now in short:

The rural companionships were incorporated into the inner organisation of the Reichsnährstand by new NS-law on 8th of December 1933 as "Hauptabteilung II" (= main department II).

In 1934 there was a discussion about that and finally an amendment to this act was proclaimed and the result was that these rural companionships (= cooperative unions) gained more organizational autonomy from the 1st of April 1935 on again - and were not directly organizationally tight to the Reichsnährstand anymore.

Therefore the new enamel signs (which had just been produced and circulated due to the mentioned incorporation at the end of 1933) with the Odal rune were not allowed to be present at the bank buildings of the cooperative unions as their official association mark anymore - because the official use of the Odal rune was preserved only to the Reichsnährstand of Darré.

So your pic is definitely the later version of this enamel sign produced, circulated and officially in use based on mentioned amendment to the act (introduced 8th of December 1933) on 1st April 1935.

So my enamel sign with the Odal rune of the Reichsnährstand was in use officially only a little more than one year - which makes it much more rare and desirable - than the newer version of it with the two horse´s heads being present in the pic you shared.

In other words: Another rare SS cultural piece for the advanced SS collector.

Comment

this was a fleamarket find from today

what do you think about it...could it be a period piece?

The "Arbeiterwohlfahrt" (Labor welfare) surely existed pre1945 already...and the appereance speaks also for pre1945

The saying is: " Edel sei der Mensch, hilfreich und gut"

( Generous should be the Human, helpful and good)

The back says: "Honour Plate Labor Welfare Minden"

The heart in the middle shows the Monogram AW for Arbeiterwohlfahrt

Thanks
                        Andreas

sorry only could take some flashlight photos rightnow
                        Attached Files

Comment

d
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
                            this was a fleamarket find from today

what do you think about it...could it be a period piece?

The "Arbeiterwohlfahrt" (Labor welfare) surely existed pre1945 already...and the appereance speaks also for pre1945

The saying is: " Edel sei der Mensch, hilfreich und gut"

( Generous should be the Human, helpful and good)

The back says: "Honour Plate Labor Welfare Minden"

The heart in the middle shows the Monogram AW for Arbeiterwohlfahrt

Thanks
                            Andreas

sorry only could take some flashlight photos rightnow
                            It did exist pre-45 and still now, so maybe it's worth asking the AWO about such plates, when made etc?

Comment

Since the AWO was initially found (1919) and run by far left-wingers they were not really active within the period but were tracked.

The plate does not appear to be made before the period as well so what is left is the time after 1945.

I guess this piece is made during the 50ties or 60ties.

Comment

you are correct..thanks

I should have googel the AWO Wiki in the first place...they were even forbidden when AH came to power.

the Heart is used by the AWO since today
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 371 users online. 0 members and 371 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X