This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    I feel sorry for you - once again - being driven by your jealousy.

You cannot get away with your "simple explanation" - plain to see for everybody.

What goes around comes around.
    Im shaking in my booties at your threats.

Comment

Good!

After you finished you might put your focus on efficient credibility-building activities to gain ground again among us SS and TR cultural collectors.

And if you want to know more background info regarding my SS family chest you can always ask in a polite way and I will answer - as you know I am always interested in fruitful discussions supported by sharing pics and infos.

Happy collecting

Comment

Happy weekend! :-)

After this Kindergarten has been sorted out I would like to wish everyone here a comfy start into the weekend.

For me it started already in the morning sun when a parcel arrived and a fine plate jumped out of it - it is my second example bearing this motif and this one is the best in regards to condition and tasteful patina:
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
          If you were honorable, perhaps these meaningless words might mean somthing. Say why dont you write some words in this thread where they still wait for your reply?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=526861
          Yes why don't you rspond to the mentioned thread. You most think the members here are really stupid. They are not, they just choose not to be bothered by you or your really weak postings and very limited arguments. Man you live in your own world with your own reality, kind of like Alice in Wonderland . Jacques.

Comment

Alice in Wonderland - LOL!

Well,

Not everybody likes cultural pieces, I guess.

But I do and I share so here we go again:
            Attached Files

Comment

those tapestries really fooled everyone for a short while, including myself!

You live, you learn. I'm more suspicious now, with good reason.

Comment

One more shot:

Uups - forgot the pic.
                Last edited by Thorsten B.; 11-11-2011, 10:53 AM. Reason: No pic onby

Comment

So here another shot:
                  Attached Files

Comment

I can see why some may think the runes on the chest are a post original manufacture addition, they don't look perfectly comfortable there but for me this is just design and personal taste, the runes are all straight lines and the rest of the piece is made up of nicely carved curved lines and features. On this piece there is a strong contrast of the angular runes versus the curves, but then runes are predominantly straight lines and they are going to look that way.

You can't tell from these pictures if they were always there and of course I can't say if they were. The only sure thing I know about them and can share is they have been there at least 3 weeks and Thorsten hasn't had them carved as I've seen pictures of the piece from the previous owner before he bought it.

Thorsten, have you learnt of the history of these linen chests, who made them, for whom and so forth?

Comment

Steve,

Right now it´s the piece itself speaking to me.

I think you know already where it´s coming from.

And it´s a clear language - one can easily find the meaning of the carved four runes in the SS-family book.

That´s also the reason why we surely would do wrong by drawing the conclusion that the only reason why this chest was made for is storing linen.

Comment

OK, so the oak is talking to you, have you looked inside it yet? Maybe its not the oak and the Mad Hatter is inside!

Comment

Steve,

Sorry for not replying earlier but right now I am already in discussion with two of said mad hatters who absolutely want to buy the piece and I just cannot dance on two weddings at the same time.

I feel sorry it wasn´t you hunting this one down but maybe next time.

If you still got further questions just drop me a line.

Cheers!

Comment

Steve,

Sorry for not replying earlier but right now I am already in discussion with two of said mad hatters who absolutely want to buy the piece and I just cannot dance on two weddings at the same time.

I feel sorry it wasn´t you hunting this one down but maybe next time.

If you still got further questions just drop me a line.

Cheers!
                            It is a dance with the devil to buy anything from you. Honestly, who would buy a wood item from you when you accidentally show us your wood carving tools as you did here in post #1740 They sure could carve up some runes and nice sayings on a plate...or a door...or a chest. Runes copied right out of a book like "Die SS Familie"

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...postcount=1740
                            Attached Files

Comment

Putting mud on my fine SS family chest did not turn out well for your credibility really.

Now you try it with the restorer - what and who comes next?

Oh wait - maybe the whole pictured DHW closet is a fake as well?!

Comment

Putting mud on my fine SS family chest did not turn out well for your credibility really.

Now you try it with the restorer - what and who comes next?

Oh wait - maybe the whole pictured DHW closet is a fake as well?!
                                There is no evidence offered by you that this is SS anything...other than runes are in an SS book...
                                Really you or your "restorer" (say, what is this restorer's name?)...or another person 3 weeks before you bought it can simply carve such runes on any piece of wood....and you will then call it SS.
                                quite a lucrative business: finding old chests and plates and applying runes with your (or your "restorer's) carving tools.
                                Other dishonorable fakers will soon be following your business model, if not already.

Beware of SS wood Gurus with carving tools
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 305 users online. 0 members and 305 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X