This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you make of this one?

I think its OK, simple form but a form that looks right for the period, very rustic and simply made, I think in wrought iron, not mild steel with and with welding techniques consistent with the TR period though any input from the professional welders on the forum would be most welcome.
    Attached Files

Comment

Weld..
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
        you are correct..thanks

I should have googel the AWO Wiki in the first place...they were even forbidden when AH came to power.

the Heart is used by the AWO since today
        Nice iron work on the sign

Comment

And the style looks almost identical to the fittings on this DHW 91.
          Attached Files

Comment

I wondered if your Wikinger was the same colour as mine So three are known to exist by my count, 2 rusty/red/brown (not sure what colour to call it) and a green.

Comment

Yes, three are known so far - this one is absolutely identical to yours, cultural twins.

Mine received the nickname Haithabu.

Comment

Haithabu, certainly a suitable name.

Wikinger is possibly the name of the pattern, I noted in one of my books that lists the tapestry names that there is a pattern called 'Wikinger', though its not pictured.

Comment

Which other names are mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                    Which other names are mentioned?
                    From memory, Lebensbaum, Hansa, Wiking, Bernward, Tulpe, Einhorn... and some more but look in your Franck book

Comment

great stuff guys!

Comment

Steve, candleholder rocks

Comment

what are your thoughts about this one on e-stand?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Any child can see that the rusty surface has been covered to some degree with black paint or just old oil.

But otherwise it is a good and authentic piece.

Comment

In oak, no words, just the Obergruppenführersaal central motif...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                                In oak, no words, just the Obergruppenführersaal central motif...

Steve, this one gives me pause,
                                I can find modern carved wood products that look a lot like this at medieval fairs and U.S.Norwegian (and even U.S. Scottish)pride festivals .
                                The modern USA version of the skins love this symbol (they just call it the Black Sun) and they buy them up fast-or so the seller of such items told me, who is glad of the business. It even looks like a modern plate that I believe was sold on a "Euro-pagan" website from Ohio(of all places) that went out of business a few years back. They also sold standing "Black Suns" in metal (from Salt lake City, Utah!) and wooden Irminsuls, etc.
                                What does this plate have that assures you it is from 33-45?
                                Last edited by Michael Fay; 11-29-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 300 users online. 0 members and 300 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X