Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grizzly and Mr. Teddybear - always hungry and looking for food - really like the grapes.
    Attached Files

Comment

"Hmm - I am not really satisfied yet!"

Piglet wants to see more and starts to think...think...think.
      Attached Files

Comment

To their surprise Mr. Teddybear and Grizzly have to find out that their admired wine grapes are made of wood and cannot be eaten.

How annoying is that!

They get tired, fall asleep and dream about lots of grapes.

Suddenly Piglet gets them back to reality and tells them how much he enjoys a splendid view from the top of the chest.
        Attached Files

Comment

At the end of the day they altogether enjoy their cultural lesson and digest the impressions they gathered.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
            Dirt cheap. What auctionhouse?
            agreed... i'm curious too Steve
            hermann-historica?

Comment

No - not Hermann Historica.

Another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                Dirt cheap. What auctionhouse?
                Here you go, auction catalogue. Catalogue see item 1514 It's the dirt cheap cultural auction house.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                  Here you go, auction catalogue. Catalogue see item 1514 It's the dirt cheap cultural auction house.
                  sure doesnt look anything like the picture posted here.. takes an eagle's eye to spot that one!

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                    sure doesnt look anything like the picture posted here.. takes an eagle's eye to spot that one!
                    Better go get some good glasses! It's the same thing, just a bit grubby
                    Attached Files

Comment

And after medication from a good restorer it will almost look as awesome as mine.

Comment

big difference when restored!
                        yes, made an appointment with the optometrist .. age is catching up with me

Comment

...specially this month ..
                          ...another year!

Comment

Ok cultural lovers,

It´s about time for showing the next DHW piece:

A few pages back Steve showed us the basic version of the smaller sideboard and in addition to that here comes the luxurious version with wrought iron fittings this time, interesting to note another variation and not the known tree of life-design.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                              To their surprise Mr. Teddybear and Grizzly have to find out that their admired wine grapes are made of wood and cannot be eaten.

How annoying is that!

They get tired, fall asleep and dream about lots of grapes.

Suddenly Piglet gets them back to reality and tells them how much he enjoys a splendid view from the top of the chest.
                              I don't want to stir up trouble but I'd like to know if the rune carvings match the other carvings or were added later. It just seems like a strange way to apply the runes. To me it would look better if those panels were left blank and maybe that is how they were to begin with - more aesthetically pleasing sans runes.

Comment

complete agreement

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                                I don't want to stir up trouble but I'd like to know if the rune carvings match the other carvings or were added later. It just seems like a strange way to apply the runes. To me it would look better if those panels were left blank and maybe that is how they were to begin with - more aesthetically pleasing sans runes.
                                Just when I thought everyone here are lulled collector sheep, someone surprises me.
                                I thought the same thing the moment I laid eyes on it. Why is all the other carving work in relief and ONLY the runes carved differently?
                                Seems to be that even perhaps the saying in the same panel may also be a later edition.

That said, "whoever" applied the runes in the last year or so did a very tasteful job...
                                almost like they know a little bit about SS culture.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 54 users online. 0 members and 54 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X