No announcement yet.

Heinz Macher and Fritz Witt grouping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N.C. Wyeth, I think that is what Bob Hritz was trying to say. All of these gentlemen Bob, Jim , John Pepera....many more old time collectors knew about put together tunics...but I do not think they knew that it had reached the scale it has reached. Nobody could really come right out and say these things were faked unless they bought and owned and examined more than one...thats how good they are.

I owned one Kai Winkler tunic that had no signs of being a faked at all...except that it was as new as if you bought it at the tailor yesterday..no wear not even one tiny stain and the collar tab piping was so glitzy new that when compaired to that on other tunics it would glisten from across the Pamona show room where I had it on a mannequin..at that Show I bought my Thule tunic which when compaired you could see the real differences between an original and a newly assembled piece..and the Thule was in near mint condition..but showed the age a real tunic should have. I also looked at a Tunic there that Gus Villareal brought and is in the Beaver book...same differences in the age factors of the insignias depite them being in perfect shape they did not shine like diamonds as on the Winkler tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
      You make it sound as if you were aware of this for quite some time . . . why speak up now . . . why not earlier?? What else do you know . . . maybe if you tell [all?], we can send a little "gratitude" your way as well . . .
      When I did make collectors aware of this " they said no way " so you tell me where the gratitude is ????????

Comment

I have gratitude you guys taught many people in this hobby over the years....you are one of the few voices I respect in this field.

Comment

Jim

Herr Toncar has given me many tips for looking at Tunics and Insignia over the years, all invaluable.

John Pic, you must be talking about the Thule RZM Cuff-titled Tunic with Pink Boards and Technical Diamond. Looks to be the real deal in Fotos.

Comment

That is the one...IMO it is the real deal and has many things about it that point that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
              I talked to Kelly, and the story does check out.
              Kelly was aware of the auction. The picker got the tunic and cap from Brosow himself, but he didn't want to sell the documents, because they were named to him.
              When he passed the son I believe put them in auction and when the picker found out he contacted the family and the auction did not go through, he paid the starting price and got the docs.
              But the story is known, and was told to Kelly.
              Well thats a completely different story then the one he wrote in the article....strange IMO! According to the auctionshouse resultslist the documents were sold for 17500 Euro.

Comment

Excuse the polarization, but

What the Europeans are in Document collecting -

the Americans are in Uniform and Headgear collecting.

I think a lot has to do with what happened to the artifacts
                after the war enabling each group of collectors to spezialize
                more profoundly.

Europeans naturally have had more contact with photos and
                documents due to easier access, while American, Canadian
                and Australian collectors have had the advantage of studying
                from war booty directly sent and brought home.

What remained in Germany uniform-wise was marginal.

Only my thoughts though...

Comment

Originally posted by jul208 View Post
                  Well thats a completely different story then the one he wrote in the article....strange IMO! According to the auctionshouse resultslist the documents were sold for 17500 Euro.
                  That's also the number I recall out of memory. And very realistic considering
                  about Eur 8,000 for a prelim. SS KC doc and Eur 4,000 for a prelim GCiG. The other
                  docs represent the balance.

Comment

Originally posted by jul208 View Post
                    I talked briefly to Kelly, he is on a vacation. I will ask again how it happened. Maybe I'm mistaken.
                    Kelly knows his SS stuff also, so I am not worried.
                    More to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
                      If anything, the first sign that a thread is having the desired affect is that Thorsten attempts to derail and discredit it.
                      You´re talking out of your a** again.

I did not derail anything and I did not discredit anything.

In fact I even shared where tailors are located.

But you all do not really care.

You´re simply not worth the info I´ve given ´cause you don´t value it.

You can´t handle the truth.
                      Last edited by Thorsten B.; 07-03-2012, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Since Mr. Winkler is reading all this mess right now:

How about chiming in for clearifying?

It´s a shame to see that so many here try to throw mud onto his honourable name and business practices.

Comment

Indeed, saw him as Active Users Viewing This Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                            It´s a shame to see that so many here try to throw mud onto his honourable name and business practices.

thats very funny ,mr" bean".....a career in stand up comedy is always an option if a nasty accident occurs while woodworking ...as is to be expected you are always ready to defend the indefensible .....regards pavel
                            Last edited by PAUL.H; 07-03-2012, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Look, buddy - you live in the financial a**hole of Europe anyway.

I live in Germany - as does Mr. Tuxedo.

With doubtless evidence - one way or the other - one can get easily sued.

Bet you still don´t get what I´m saying - and why and how I said it.

Comment

More paper in Germany, glad I remember the storys from up north in Germany.
                                I assume when a printing wheel got back in the 80's 20cm it has now a diam of 1cm about its juse to bring the best copys on the market. It's not just about tunicd and not only groups or tux badges, and it's not a one man show. Wasn't there once a Niemann letter that was going puplic with some involved names and one RK group? Hope I can find this letter in my paper stuff.

By the way who found a WSS Off direct from the vet or the vets son so far?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X