Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Killer Foto of Max Wünsche.
    Yeah, couldn't think of a worse quality post-war print.

I sent that one and plenty of other right back to Kai for
    a full refund. And he kept denying, denying and denying...

Comment

Here are a couple more pics that didnt make the thread yet of some of Witt's supposed tunics....
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

We need to come up with a way to ban crooks like this guy from are major shows. There's no telling how many guys he has ran out of the hobby by robbing them. I almost got out myself after being burned. Thankfully I found this forum and decided to learn before buying. Or maybe just give these crooks a good old ass kicking.

Comment

3 March 2012 Siegfried Brosows documents were sold at auction in Germany.

http://62.128.3.13/ufItemInfo.aspx?i_id=21977

But in this article (bottom link) they turned up again, but now with "Brosow’s SS Officer (second lieutenant) jacket from the “Junkerschule Braunschweig, his officer’s belt and a superb example of an SS officer’s M-43 cap."

And the german seller in the article says he got the documents directly from Brosow in 2008.

"The picker had met Brosow in this manner and the two became friends and corresponded. Brosow promised his documents to the picker at such time as he no longer needed them, which was upon his passing in 2008."

http://www.militaryheadgear.com/arti...nd-Kelly-Hicks

/ Daniel

Comment

Wow great catch jul208 looks like kelly hicks may have been mislead.

Comment

Well ya never know . This happens a lot it seem's but 12 years ago i was told by all these dealers and pickers and experts that SS officer tunics were "Rare as hens teeth" now they are growing on trees in Europa.

Comment

Well the picker in the article is obvious lying and therefore I have my doubts that Brosows grandson, as mentioned in the article, is Brosows grandson.

/ Daniel
                    Last edited by jul208; 07-02-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

This is pretty disturbing if this is true...
                      Kelly was visiting me when he recieved this grouping.
                      I will contact Kelly.
                      It seems that my traveling trips to Germany are not over yet....

Comment

I agree...and thank you for posting this. Rob if I were able I'd join you in a visit over there.

Comment

Did anyone ask the (so-called) grandson for any photo ID
                          at the meeting, I wonder?

And even then it would have been a 50/50 chance to see
                          whether at least the unusual last-name matched the vet's.

Any other proof for the ties of this individual to the family
                          or just the picker's neighbour's son who's taking acting
                          lessons..?!

Comment

Originally posted by jul208 View Post
                            3 March 2012 Siegfried Brosows documents were sold at auction in Germany.

http://62.128.3.13/ufItemInfo.aspx?i_id=21977

But in this article (bottom link) they turned up again, but now with "Brosow’s SS Officer (second lieutenant) jacket from the “Junkerschule Braunschweig, his officer’s belt and a superb example of an SS officer’s M-43 cap."

And the german seller in the article says he got the documents directly from Brosow in 2008.

"The picker had met Brosow in this manner and the two became friends and corresponded. Brosow promised his documents to the picker at such time as he no longer needed them, which was upon his passing in 2008."

http://www.militaryheadgear.com/arti...nd-Kelly-Hicks

/ Daniel

WOW! With the biggest names in the hobby. What a nightmare.
                            Great thread with RobNL's 'Winkie' eye openers.

Seems like if someone finds one original document, instantly a grouping is built around it. with provenance naturally....

-wagner-

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                              Well ya never know . This happens a lot it seem's but 12 years ago i was told by all these dealers and pickers and experts that SS officer tunics were "Rare as hens teeth" now they are growing on trees in Europa.

Certainly, this is an interesting phenomenon. What was once 'rare' is now available in droves. Do we see a pattern?????

With each fake tunic, the value of originals decrease as the demand is filled with pieces that are not authentic.

I always believed that there would be collectors who would know the difference, but getting the word out, to all collectors, is where we have failed ourselves.

Bob Hritz
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

That Junkerschule Braunschweig (JSB) tunic looks like the one
                                Kai Winkler sold about 11-12 years ago.

Beautiful piece IMO, only put-together from original components.

Some 10+ years ago, Kai still went the extra mile to get
                                original tunics and insignia. That's all gone now.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X