Heinz Macher and Fritz Witt grouping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food for thought:

There was a poll on this forum about 'your thoughts about restored tunics'.

Now, if I recall correctly, the last time I checked it was 50 pct of the votes
    in favour of restorations and 50 pct against.

So the way I see it a legit restored tunic is quite accepted. At least every
    second participant in said poll accepted a (true) restoration piece.

The real trouble starts when WH tunics are turned into WSS ones and mabe
    even bear fake insignias...

I also recall the SD tunic which was sold by one member to Helmut Weitze
    about two years ago and then he later recognized his tunic again in the next update,
    only to realize that the tunic had in the meantime been turned into an early 'DF'
    piece!!! At the time Weitze hadn't even paid this seller yet, but the tunic was
    already retailored!!!

Markus

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
      Food for thought:

There was a poll on this forum about 'your thoughts about restored tunics'.

Now, if I recall correctly, the last time I checked it was 50 pct of the votes
      in favour of restorations and 50 pct against.

So the way I see it a legit restored tunic is quite accepted. At least every
      second participant in said poll accepted a (true) restoration piece.

The real trouble starts when WH tunics are turned into WSS ones and mabe
      even bear fake insignias...

I also recall the SD tunic which was sold by one member to Helmut Weitze
      about two years ago and then he later recognized his tunic again in the next update,
      only to realize that the tunic had in the meantime been turned into an early 'DF'
      piece!!! At the time Weitze hadn't even paid this seller yet, but the tunic was
      already retailored!!!

Markus
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=sd+tunic

Comment

Yes this was the thread about that incident..http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=Helmut+Weitze

Interesting also to see who jumped in right away to attack me and not offer any credible valid valuable input. The same who do it in this thread..that should be a red flag to collectors.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
          Yes this was the thread about that incident..http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=Helmut+Weitze

Interesting also to see who jumped in right away to attack me and not offer any credible valid valuable input. The same who do it in this thread..that should be a red flag to collectors.
          thats it ! that has to be right up there more so then this new scandal . thats top of the 10s in my book

would you go as far as saying every tunic these guys have sold over the years is bad to the core .

Comment

No probably not, Im sure they sold many restored,and completely original pieces as well...but as far as SS officer yes, most likely thrown together post war from parts or complete new made...using original materials and parts. Remember Winkler had a whole section on his old website where you could order cyphers,pips,buttons,collar and collar tab piping etc.

Comment

I got expelled from Weitze's shop for contributing to that old thread.

I was in Hamburg at their shop when the whole thing went down.
              Last edited by markus; 07-04-2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys those lasts post were all goods ones and truthful I think. Good to hear the truth when it comes to 100% untouched pieces. In my mind the real deal was never going to be a easy find. And the reasons for that should be common since to collectors. Now this idea of rebuilding stripped tunics and them being as good as originals. That's one we all have to decide on are own I guess. But when it comes to SS tunics knowing how they were handled after the war that a lot are rebuilt. If its done rite I don't have as much of a problem with it I do think. The problem I have is when dealers like this guy add these to collections without telling. Then guys have something that's very hard to argue with and they woul never disagree with the big dealers story. So when it comes time to sell the story that's all BS goes with it and a bigger price then its worth.

Comment

Can you believe I was actually offered a job at Weitze's when I was studying at the university in Hamburg?!

If I had accepted it....boy, what kinda stories I'd be able to tell today!

Luckily I didn't............They would have probably killed me afterwards to not tell anyone what was going on behind the scenes....

Comment

Thats a big part of the problem the price NEVER reflects what is being sold. A reworked tunic with SS insignias for prices above $7,000 or higher.

Comment

I imagine they have alot more uniforms in stock than are listed on their website as I see certain ones pop up again and then disappear from time to time. I guess they can pretty much meet any individuals specific desires.

Originally posted by markus View Post
                      Can you believe I was actually offered a job at Weitze's when I was studying at the university in Hamburg?!

If I had accepted it....boy, what kinda stories I'd be able to tell today!

Luckily I didn't............They would have probably killed me afterwards to not tell anyone what was going on behind the scenes....

Comment

Incidentally John, the lightweight tunic I own - do you recall it having the same insignia on it when it was for sale @ SSBW.co.uk....?

I knew it had been restored when I purchased it, I just wanted to pinpoint who did the restoration....there are clear signs of a former sleeve eagle prior to the one that on there now. Definitely an SS tunic, but when the current insignia were applied, who knows.

Thats a big part of the problem the price NEVER reflects what is being sold. A reworked tunic with SS insignias for prices above $7,000 or higher.

Comment

Thats it, I have no problem owning a legitimate tunic that has been restored correctly but not at untouched prices.

Comment

Yes it did have those insignias on it as I recall. It may have originated with Weitze as that dealer has had a few previous Weitze and Jarvis items on his web page. Never bought anything from him but did meet him at the SOS one year. People seem to hold him in high regard concerning SS items. I noticed the extra holes in the tunic when I scoped it out on Weitze's site. You got it for a decent price.

Comment

Yes I did, I was not going to pay untouched prices for it even though its a stunning looking tunic. I low-balled an offer and their mid-range acceptance of the offer was confirmation of what I already knew, that it was at the very least a partially restored tunic.

Yes it did have those insignias on it as I recall. It may have originated with Weitze as that dealer has had a few previous Weitze and Jarvis items on his web page. Never bought anything from him but did meet him at the SOS one year. People seem to hold him in high regard concerning SS items. I noticed the extra holes in the tunic when I scoped it out on Weitze's site. You got it for a decent price.

Comment

...I think I better return this too
                                Pieter.
                                Attached Files
                                SUUM CUIQUE ...
                                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X