• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
    and you are 1000% correct....
    (Relating to Marks post).

Hello John

Aren't there documented leave at home tunics that never saw the front?

I think in another thread you've shown a couple you've encountered that are good?

Regards,
    Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
      (Relating to Marks post).

Hello John

Aren't there documented leave at home tunics that never saw the front?

I think in another thread you've shown a couple you've encountered that are good?

Regards,
      Chris.
      Obviously yes, a few

But not the sea of famous people's uniforms that appear from nowhere, same with the types mentioned. Notice how these "finds" are always LAH, T, or other high desired units. And restored is parts. Period.

It's the same with formal KC, EL, SW, etc documents.

Would they make one for a widow but not for another guy alive at the same time in same service ?? Common sense, but a recent Swords cassette sold anyway, and was bad

Knowing I only write and don't collect, as a "famous" dealer told me "as long as they think it's right that's all that matters"

Comment

Further to post no. 187....Jarvis and Berg at Relics of the Reich have been 'at it' for a long time!

Comment

The fact that Kai Winkler now blocked my password to his site
          for contributing here is only the second time this happens to me!

2 years ago Helmut Weitze and friends retracted my password
          as well, because I had mentioned here publicly, that his staff agreed to have one of my stripped
          tunics rebuild with corresponding insignia after I had asked them discreetly. This happened
          during one of my visits to their shop about 2 years ago.

I used to live in Hamburg for 6 years and visited Weitze at least once a week. Naturally I knew the staff pretty well. Especially on Saturday mornings, when Helmut was not around, you could expect an honest answer from the staff about what was good and what to rather stay away from. I remember on of those visits where I showed interest in buying an SS officer's tunic and was told to better spend my money on something different...I knew I was about to step on one of the landmines.

I know my friends at Helmut's shop read this (I introduced them to WAF one evening many years ago). I thank you guys for taking care of me in my early years of collecting and I know it's no fun selling fakes to innocent collectors.

Comment

I wonder if WAF would have enough bandwidth for a thread showing every fake and put together SS tunic?

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Regarding the stay at home tunics....there were tunics that were left behind this happened occaisionally especially if a tunic was tailored for the soldier right before he left for the front and he did not have time to pick it up and a family member did for him etc. etc. I bought a Dagger and Belt that belonged to an officer who was at Demjansk a Hauptsturmfuhrer...how do I know this because the G.I. who sold me them had pictures of himself posing in the soldiers tunic with the soldiers wife in his home in Germany. He took the tunic but it was borrowed for a Halloween party in the 50s or 60s and never returned. The sodier's initials were R. Wagner and he had a chained SS and a Government officials dagger...both belonged to him. I would love to know who R. Wagner was that wore the Demjansk shield.

But more often I see photos of soldiers like Witt and other officers at the front wearing exquisitely tailored tunics...so they brought them with them more often than not its a 50-50 chance...but the chance of a family keeping an intact SS tunic was not so good....I lived in Germany in the 80s people were still afraid to have swastikas showing..it happened and guys like Robert H could probably shed more light on it than myself.
              Last edited by John Pic; 06-30-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Bob....yeah and repeatedly for the ones who missed them before

Comment

So Thorsten you asked what dealers have sold "Fake" tunics...do you have the names so far? Now its your turn to share...Quid pro Quo..otherwise you will be a cowardly little man who only enjoys joining in potentially exciting threads to throw dung. What I post is not dung it is information and you and others attack it because it hurts you in the wallet or your ego....you attacked me when I announced these groupings, you attacked me about the fake Allgemeine uniform, now eat crow because you were wrong wrong wrong
                  John,

You still totally miss what my goal is:

Finally we are getting somewhere by having your fine examples of faked SS tunics, that´s a solid foundation.

But the job of a good policeman is not only to document a crime but to find out where it´s coming from - now you will say that you already named them.

But these dealers don´t make them completely on their own - they order them.

It is a network.

Comment

Thanks John and Mark.

I do agree these premium tunics are usually a premier division or unit which rings alarm bells.

Those woodwork tunics must exist. Obviously not as many as can be seen on the net.

I'm not niave by the way, just throwing in an arguement balancer.

Regards,
                    Chris.

Comment

Thorsten so what...and what the F--k would you know about a good police work...youre a little toad who hides behind feigned superiority that if used in face to face conversation would find you head first in a deep snowbank on the side of the road..Now shut up or put up...who cares if they order them, of coarse they don't sit at the machines and sew them on their own..do you spend all day in lonely rooms thinking of stupid ways to flame threads? I'd love to take a little mouse like you on a tour of an American police officers job and then leave you right in the center of the crowd down at county.

Your turn to name names...you issued the challenge now step up tell us what you claim to know...

Comment

I just called my friend Oliver's tale from about 12/13 years ago.

Oliver F. a very good friend of mine took his grandfather's stripped tunic along with a wartime photo of his Opa over to Weitze one day.

There he only asked the staff whether they could help him with choosing the right insignia from their big selection as shown on the photo of his grandfather.
                        Oliver then wanted to have a local tailor do the legit re-sewing job.

Once the insignias were picked, Weitze's staff however offered an additional service:

To have the tunic and insignias shipped to their tailor and restored!

The whole thing (excl. insignia) was to cost DEM 150 (Eur 75) at the time.

So, yes, they of course have the mtrl shipped to their contract-tailor. The same tailor which does all their re-sewing jobs for the caps btw as well, I was told by another player in Hamburg late last year.

Markus

Comment

Thorsten so what...and what the F--k would you know about a good police work...youre a little toad who hides behind feigned superiority that if used in face to face conversation would find you head first in a deep snowbank on the side of the road..Now shut up or put up...who cares if they order them, of coarse they don't sit at the machines and sew them on their own..do you spend all day in lonely rooms thinking of stupid ways to flame threads? I'd love to take a little mouse like you on a tour of an American police officers job and then leave you right in the center of the crowd down at county.

Your turn to name names...you issued the challenge now step up tell us what you claim to know...
                          You really should start to enjoy the hobby or simply leave it.

What about investing into REAL SS tunics again?

They are out there - and you can´t do anything about that fact.

Comment

So Thorsten you asked what dealers have sold "Fake" tunics...do you have the names so far? Now its your turn to share...Quid pro Quo..otherwise you will be a cowardly little man who only enjoys joining in potentially exciting threads to throw dung. What I post is not dung it is information and you and others attack it because it hurts you in the wallet or your ego....you attacked me when I announced these groupings, you attacked me about the fake Allgemeine uniform, now eat crow because you were wrong wrong wrong

Rob was a real man and a gentleman and was kind enough to share his experience with me even after what I posted made him upset.....
                            John, did you ever see what he said about Dennis Porrell? Yet he defends outright junk. Seems to be an MO. It is amazing the bad vibes he gives off. My advice...save your breath and time...

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                              John, did you ever see what he said about Dennis Porrell? Yet he defends outright junk. Seems to be an MO. It is amazing the bad vibes he gives off. My advice...save your breath and time...
                              Agreed.

John save the time and efforts. These elements will only deny, deny, deny...

Comment

Oh its allright, Thorsten gives me no angst...its more a sport playing with his mind like its silly puddy....guys like him are easy to read even 6 thousand miles away. Mutti's kleine liebschen. Thorsten I've already done something about it.

On the other hand gentlemen and Thorsten....it will be interesting to see if the big sale results in any at all.
                                Last edited by John Pic; 06-30-2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X