Heinz Macher and Fritz Witt grouping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob-

Is it o.k. to talk about prices? I.e. Can you give us a ballpark figure of what a Brigadefuehrer
    tunic to Fritz Witt (Oakleaves winner and Kdr. 12. SS-Pz. Div. 'Hitlerjugend') would cost from
    Kai Winkler? Just to get a feel for the dimension / magnitude of this fraud.

I'd make a wild guess now and say EUR 45,000.00. Close?

Markus

Comment

And some more new German young collectors loose their money....
      Can you believe these people??

Originally posted by markus View Post
      Just last Saturday MFF sent out a message to all its members
      promoting 'House of History' and its expert for high-end militaria
      Mr. Kai Winkler...

QTE

Hallo liebes Militaria Fundforum Mitglied,

wir möchten Dich heute darüber informieren, das unserer langjähriger Partner für hochqualitative Original Militaria neue Produkte in seinem Sortiment aufgenommen hat.

Zum einen kannst Du dir hier die Neuheiten anschauen :

https://www.history-shop.de/neuheiten.shtml

und hier in den Top Highlights stöbern.

In der Firma "House of History" von Kai Winkler findest Du einen kompetenten Ansprechpartner Rund um das Thema Militaria - auch wenn Du Militaria verkaufen möchtest, bist Du hier an der richtigen Adresse !!!

Wir wünschen Dir viel Spaß beim stöbern.

Das Team vom Militaria Fundforum

UNQTE

No further comments...

Markus
      Last edited by rob NL; 07-03-2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Markus what I notice is the tunics that I had were relined inside.Thev shells were good but relined.

Comment

This kind of deal will be the death of are hobby guys. Who in there rite mind is going to buy a SS tunic in 20 years? Listen they are just as cool and awesome to me as they are to you. But if i have the money in 20 years to buy one no way I spend that kind of money. With all the info out there now proving how many fakes are out there. That are so good they pass by long time collectors and are in big collections now. And you now the owners think are the real deal oh they will swear by them. You would have to be crazy to spend the money on one and not buy a new Corvette. You know in 20 years they will be about the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by blitzkrieg gsd View Post
            This kind of deal will be the death of are hobby guys.
            Sorry, I for one totally disagree. As they say, if the heats too hot, get out of the kitchen. If that's how you feel, move on to something else. The German war relics business is hot. Go to the European shows. The collectors are 3 deep at the dealer tables. The tunics shown in this thread with obviously bogus name tags, the trunk, etc. The grouping itself.... One big red flag and not hard to spot coming at you. I am sure other hard core SS collectors see what I do, and there are many. No disrespect meant to others. Just MHO.
            Last edited by PMan; 07-03-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              Incredible!

Whom did I defend?

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              It´s a shame to see that so many here try to throw mud onto his honourable name and business practices.

Incredible...!!! you have the memory of a goldfish it seems.

Comment

Peter not to long ago you jumped into a thread to defend a bogus tunic that you couldn't tell the difference of...and you even had a real one to compair it to.

Your post is just to re-assure yourself that you'll be able to sell what you have now at a later date for the kind of prices you think they are worth...you may be able to, if you are able to convince collectors they weren't made up .....we shall see. Its kind of funny...out of all the collectors on this forum including two of the very top SS guys...you and Thorsten are the only ones who don't think this is harmful enough to effect the hobby.

Comment

Tunics

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                  Peter not to long ago you jumped into a thread to defend a bogus tunic that you couldn't tell the difference of...and you even had a real one to compair it to.

Your post is just to re-assure yourself that you'll be able to sell what you have now at a later date for the kind of prices you think they are worth...you may be able to, if you are able to convince collectors they weren't made up .....we shall see. Its kind of funny...out of all the collectors on this forum including two of the very top SS guys...you and Thorsten are the only ones who don't think this is harmful enough to effect the hobby.
                  John, I'm not planning on selling anything as long as I'm alive. I don't have to. If you really know tunics, and I'm not saying you don't, you would not find those in this thread a big problem and too much to concern over. Pick up anything this week to add to your collection??? Let us know.

Comment

Is this collar tab original Peter? Oh and yes I have ,not this week but last..this weeks been busy.
                    Attached Files

Comment

4th of July

Is this collar tab original Peter? Oh and yes I have ,not this week but last..this weeks been busy.
                      John,
                      Why don't you relax and enjoy the 4th of July. Try to remember the German relics you used to own and the good times when you were collecting these things. Don't bother me with your stupid tests. I'm actively interested in collecting and will continue to do so in spite of people such as yourself. Perhaps you and others can get together in PM's and waste your time talking about people. This guy Thorsten seem to be a favorite. Have a nice 4th John Pic. Peter

Comment

What I'm saying is after years and years of all levels of fakes making into collections there will be a problem. And that problem will be paying big bucks for a tunic that may be fake. Rite now I say it's about a 50 50 chance you get what you pay for. But if these fakes keep fooling people and going into big collections that will change. It will go to about a 80% chance of buying a fake and at that point it's not worth the gamble. How many guys rite now have a fake in there collection that they say is real? Bet there's more then a few and they will never admit it or accept it and when they go to sell they for sure will say its good. So it will come to the point where it's not worth the gamble unless your more of a gambler then collector.

Comment

Originally posted by blitzkrieg gsd View Post
                          What I'm saying is after years and years of all levels of fakes making into collections there will be a problem. And that problem will be paying big bucks for a tunic that may be fake. Rite now I say it's about a 50 50 chance you get what you pay for. But if these fakes keep fooling people and going into big collections that will change. It will go to about a 80% chance of buying a fake and at that point it's not worth the gamble. How many guys rite now have a fake in there collection that they say is real? Bet there's more then a few and they will never admit it or accept it and when they go to sell they for sure will say its good. So it will come to the point where it's not worth the gamble unless your more of a gambler then collector.
                          I think you are correct. Do your homework, learn and try to reduce that 80% chance. If you find it too frustrating, don't collect SS. Move on to other more safe items. No big deal. If collecting is in your blood, no matter what hobby you get into, there are going to be fakes. Coins, stamps, Civil War, etc. We are not unique.

Comment

Really . . . so what else do you know - care to share???

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
                            When I did make collectors aware of this " they said no way " so you tell me where the gratitude is ????????
                            If that is the case, then I suppose you deserve an apology on my part, and would be worthy of outspoken gratitude. Keep up the good work. I expect to see more "insight" from you relative to this topic [forgery across the collecting community] in the future . . . as judging by this comment, something tells me you have plenty more to share . . . and additionally, by measure of public opinion, it is obvious you have no fear of doing so.

Comment

Very true Peter they do have fakes in all fields of collecting. It just hits me harder here cause these are the things I love to collect. And I hate that we have to be the way we are and question everything SS two three times then again. It's just that so much money is involved you can't take a chance on loosing at least I can't. And I hate to thing down the road when the old timers are gone and there stuff comes for sale no one will buy it. Not because they don't want to pay the price but because it mite be or probably is fake. And when you throw in these big dealers doing these crook jobs it goes to the next level. There was a time when you could buy from dealers who had a good reputation and be sure what your getting. And there are still a few out there but it looks like they are getting fewer and fewer as time goes on.

Comment

The future looks dim, does it??

Your post is just to re-assure yourself that you'll be able to sell what you have now at a later date for the kind of prices you think they are worth...
                                I kind of get the same "vibe".

After all that has come-to-light over the past decade, I would expect to see many following a similar path . . .
                                Last edited by N.C. Wyeth; 07-03-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X