Heinz Macher and Fritz Witt grouping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
    What goes around comes around, a question of time.
    Many people are hungry for money, doesn't matter if the pockets are alreday full as some are addicted.
    Yes, I really think he gets a strange kick out of ripping people off.

Comment

My guess is that he, for some reason, unknown to me, hates and/or despises collectors. Don´t understand how he dares...

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
        The writing in better light.....
        I work with antiquarian books on the side so I know my sütterlin and that's not how you write that.
        Last edited by Minnesinger; 06-27-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Why so hard? Look at how the I's are dotted.
          Normally you see this over the U.

Comment

Why so hard? Look at how the I's are dotted.
            Normally you see this over the U.
            In sütterlin you don't "dot" at all. You use lines. The "U" uses a curved one to destinguish it from the special-combination of "MM" and "NN" that are similar. They have a straight line on top.

EDIT: And before anyone objects I mean when you are obviously making an effort to write something nice and correct (like in the helmet).

Here is how you write it:
            Last edited by Minnesinger; 06-27-2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Yes, I really think he gets a strange kick out of ripping people off.
              I don't think he finds it strange- it affords him a very comfortable lifestyle! Really, there's not enough cheap original stuff out there to support a man with his tastes...

Comment

Here's another sick one for y'all:

Kai told a friend of mine some years ago that he was very
                happy and excited to get the Wisch Soldbuch back...the collector
                who had it at the time was dying of cancer...

Comment

My point is that he used that the kind of "c" lying on its back to dot the I's.

Comment

Out of interest Rob, what item or items had you purchased prior to all this unravelling like it has?

This thread is snowballing................

These threads need to be pinned, even if it is just to out the criminals in the community.

Comment

No, he went over there, and Witt signed for all of the items. He was there all night. So each item was signed by him, that's what he said.
                      Now, I understand that you would like to protect the son of Fritz Witt, but to me he is also in on the whole story.
                      If he would have made the statements himself, he would have had them there when he sold the items to me.
                      He went over there and spent an entire evening getting the items signed.

That happened when we were still negotiating for other items, and I had to go over there anyway to pick things up. In the meantime I found out the items were not his, so the story ended pretty fast...

My phonecall made it VERY clear to me he is in on the deal.

Rob,

So, Kai went over to Peter's place to have all the statements signed,
                      on the basis of your personal request?

But you did not see these anymore, because you pull out of the deal
                      when you realized that it was not Witt's real stuff after all?

Therefore you never really got to see the statements?

Did I understand correctly?

(No worries I don't want to protect the old man, Macher also tried to
                      sell the Thorshammer saying and writing it was Himmler's when it fact it was not...)

Markus

Comment

One thing I am confused about, what does the Witt grouping have to do with Heinz Macher as implied by the thread title? is there a Macher grouping as well with all these bells and whistles that was put together by Willi Wonka?

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                          One thing I am confused about, what does the Witt grouping have to do with Heinz Macher as implied by the thread title? is there a Macher grouping as well with all these bells and whistles that was put together by Willi Wonka?

Kevin

That is correct.

Both families sold some stuff, but Kai Wonka pimped both of them up to the max.

Btw, do the jobs look similar to all the uniform items of past andreas-thies and hermann-historica auctions? Coincidence?

Markus

Comment

Oh I'll bet there is no Coincidence there Markus! Thanks for clearing that question up. I hope we will get to view the humped up Macher grouping here one day so we can have a little side by side tunic construction comparison!

Thanks again Markus

Kevin

Comment

Kev the tunic in post 116 is supposed to be Machers as well as the cap that follows.http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=584811

Also a good thread to read...because I have been in Rob's position where I saw something in hand and the first reaction is awe because the old smells of the garments and the striking original insignias which hit the eye before everything else...then you take the item home and you start doing research and you find small but obvious discrepencies...almost not enough to condemn a piece but enough to spark suspicion...its not a novice hobby SS items...the best get taken in by these things look at how many bought those fake tuxedo badges. This is a travesty because so many tunics have come out of the Wonka factory over the years and are out there in collections...I even sold a couple I bought from him, I sold them thinking nothing was wrong with them but never felt quite satisfied with what I was looking at . Not sure where they all are now except one.
                              Last edited by John Pic; 06-27-2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Was the light summer tunic you use to own originally from Kai?

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                                Kev the tunic in post 116 is supposed to be Machers as well as the cap that follows.http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=584811

Also a good thread to read...because I have been in Rob's position where I saw something in hand and the first reaction is awe because the old smells of the garments and the striking original insignias which hit the eye before everything else...then you take the item home and you start doing research and you find small but obvious discrepencies...almost not enough to condemn a piece but enough to spark suspicion...its not a novice hobby SS items...the best get taken in by these things look at how many bought those fake tuxedo badges. This is a travesty because so many tunics have come out of the Wonka factory over the years and are out there in collections...I even sold a couple I bought from him, I sold them thinking nothing was wrong with them but never felt quite satisfied with what I was looking at . Not sure where they all are now except one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X