No announcement yet.

Heinz Macher and Fritz Witt grouping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeping at night would be tough if you owned a jacket purchased from one of the dealers mentioned in this thread.

"Oh Magoo, you've done it again!"

Comment

Markus I remember the JSB set three uniforms....the officer went to a collector in San Fransisco another went to Bob Demel. He had it on display at the Max awhile back.

Bob I used your words because its true...no one thought it could get this bad.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
        Markus I remember the JSB set three uniforms....the officer went to a collector in San Fransisco another went to Bob Demel. He had it on display at the Max awhile back.

Bob I used your words because its true...no one thought it could get this bad.
        John- They were o.k. tunics, right? I recall seeing one briefly at
        Winkler's home once.

Comment

Markus as with every tunic I handled from him they gave me a bad feeling in my gut. But yes all seemed correct.....I remember one of the NCO ranked had an eagle that struck me as odd. But never examined it in hand.

Comment

This thread is getting better by the day.

Very interested to hear how Kelly Hicks reacts to this Brosow grouping.

Please pin this thread...

Comment

Hi,

an interesting question is : if we contact a dealer or an auction house with a big file about "why the item X (jacket, document... etc) is probably/100% a fake", will the dealer/auction house remove the item ?
              Does it depend of the price involved ?

See You

Vince

Comment

I talked to Kelly, and the story does check out.
                Kelly was aware of the auction. The picker got the tunic and cap from Brosow himself, but he didn't want to sell the documents, because they were named to him.
                When he passed the son I believe put them in auction and when the picker found out he contacted the family and the auction did not go through, he paid the starting price and got the docs.
                But the story is known, and was told to Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                  I agree...and thank you for posting this. Rob if I were able I'd join you in a visit over there.
                  That would be fun.
                  Actually, next time I go over to return some goods, I will have someone record it on his cellphone. And post it here

Comment

I dont think they care and wouldnt do a thing to remove the item.

Then again, I think it depends on how much bad publicity they stand to receive in the community, especially through threads like this where it can reach enough of the collecting community to be an issue for them.

I.E. back when a certain dealer came on hear to defend why he had collar tabs sewn to a tunic that had been sent to him by a collector - and not yet paid for.

These threads are invaluable to this community.

If anything, the first sign that a thread is having the desired affect is that Thorsten attempts to derail and discredit it.

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                    Hi,

an interesting question is : if we contact a dealer or an auction house with a big file about "why the item X (jacket, document... etc) is probably/100% a fake", will the dealer/auction house remove the item ?
                    Does it depend of the price involved ?

See You

Vince

Comment

Actually, I noticed a LAH tunic on Thiess's site that had the winkler cyphers. I told him this and he was pissed as hell. He took the tunic out of his auction, and wasn't happy at all. " that thing was in my catalog".
                      He also very honestly admitted that tunics are not his strong point and that he relies on others in that field.
                      That was also refreshing to hear as doc would say

Comment

charades

The collecting community certainly owes Rob a debt of gratitude for this posting and John pic also . Although this sort of thing has been known privately for the last 10 years the ante has certainly been raised by this dealer, If you have purchased something from this dealer you may be in a whole lot of trouble? is it mint ? Ohhh ?????
                        jim toncar

Comment

Only a matter of time before Kai pulls Peiper's crusher out of his ar$e and builds a grouping around it.

Comment

What other "secrets" are we hiding - "privately" ????

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
                            Although this sort of thing has been known privately for the last 10 years
                            jim toncar
                            You make it sound as if you were aware of this for quite some time . . . why speak up now . . . why not earlier?? What else do you know . . . maybe if you tell [all?], we can send a little "gratitude" your way as well . . .
                            Attached Files

Comment

While we are on the subject of Fakes and restoration have a look at this video, Alden stated "Guys are paying crazy money for real helmets" I want to add they are paying crazy money for fakes too! Do your homework!
                              on a side note... what is with the camo covers being cut to show the SS and Heer decals? I have NEVER seen a photo from the war with this being done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Q3AMrNErCeM#!

Watch this video and again.... Do your homework, study and study again anything you are interested in and don't be afraid to post anything for opinions!
                              I know this video is about helmets and not tunics and insignia, but most of us that collect tunics collect helmets also, it is a real eye opener! 5-10 years from now these fakes and restos will be sold as original if not already! They probably are!

Kevin

PS perhaps this will inspire Kai to do his own video about rare tunics and groupings!
                              Last edited by WEISNER; 07-02-2012, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I would simply ask you all to read the book

"THE FAKES PROGRESS"

BY tom keating and geraldine norman published by Hutchinson and Co London 1977.

it is nothing to to with fake uniforms .panzer wraps etc .......just honest faking for profit .
                                You will all learn the motives behind the smoke and mirrors that drive the business of the world of fakes......and some of you might actually learn something .
                                owen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X