X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    Nuts.
    Checkmate, again.

And imagine:The SS familie book (if you read it) helped us to learn that All those plates with "Ehret die Scholle die uns/euch ernährt" most likely were carved by village artisans and not DHW produced at all.

Comment

Learn to read - and understand! - our german language.

And culture.

Then you are on the right track to understand what the art, culture and religion of the SS was all about.

Comment

Just put the muppet on the ignore-list and all the silly ranting and having the last words ends

Comment

I think even those with the slightest knowledge of German understands this Thorsten. I know Michael does for sure.

Der SS-Mann geht zu einem befrundeten Wagenbauer und läßt sich ein 50 bis 80 zentimeter großes Wagenrad geben, das sicher nutzlos auf dem Boden steht.

[...]

An Stelle des Wagenrades kann man sich wohl auch ein Holzrad mit einem eingearbeiteten kreuz beim Schreiner bauen und mit einigen Runen schmücken lassen.
          Should I translate it for you? Hint: It does not tell the SS-man to visit the local DHW megastore for all purchases.

Comment

Not only are you taking things out of context - but you also try to let the exception appear as the norm of how it was meant and ordered to be.

The SS family book clearly depicts the DHW and it´s production range as THE first choice for any serious SS member - the official premium class of germanic and pagan SS life style.

Your citation is about the fact within the period that not every SS member was able to pay the elaborated and skillful standard of the DHW products - and how to solve that situation and use other possibilities to live the SS life style via replacements and senseful local solutions.

Nothing more and nothing less.
            Last edited by Thorsten B.; 01-07-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
              For me that tells that the SS could use/buy DHW pieces and that it was promoted to buy "Germanic items" in books published for/by the SS, but it was i.m.o. not a strickt SS business, since the items where for sale for well... any German I guess; DHW pieces where for instance shown at the Reichsgartenschau to the broad public.
              Allach - with few political/ideological centerpieces as the exception - was also available for every german citizen - and presented and shown on several public shows and occasions.

That was THE reason why Allach and the DHW were found:

To show, offer, organize, distribute and sell the ideology.

Comment

Not only are you taking things out of context - but you also try to let the exception appear as the norm of how it was meant and ordered to be.

The SS family book clearly depicts the DHW and it´s production range as THE first choice for any serious SS member - the official premium class of germanic and pagan SS life style.

Your citation is about the fact within the period that not every SS member was able to pay the elaborated and skillful standard of the DHW products - and how to solve that situation and use other possibilities to live the SS life style via replacements and senseful local solutions.

Nothing more and nothing less.
                I have the book in front of me. Please direct me to that page that says that the 'DHW should be your first choice unless we don't pay you enough'. I have read it on several occasions but can't recall anything of the sort in it.

Comment

That´s great!

So feel free and leave any DHW pieces for me to pick´em up.

Comment

Is anyone here familiar with the "Hamer" magazine? This was a magazine focussed on the cultural ideas of the Dutch SS.

Comment

This is Darré portrayed in his working dress as leader of the Reichsnährstand.

And the next pic shows one room of an official DHW exhibition - organized by his staff and presenting the production range of the DHW, as visable found by him and under his command.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, i know them Gaston, i have some of them, very nice magazines. It was so populair that there even came a German version!!!

Comment

Hi Patrick,

As a paperwork collector of course you know them! They are great for understanding what the (Dutch) SS was thinking about history and Dutch culture.

I can't help but think that it is a SS magazine that pictured a lot of by and for the SS interesting cultural items. Things the SS tried to promote and approved to have in the farm or house. The thing is, those items pictured were often very old and regular to use cultural items, much much older than the period the SS existed itself. Funny thing is that this 195 pages cultural topic here on WAF shows a lot of those items that are pictured in the magazine or are similar in age or material. Would any of the wooden plates, cupboards, wrought iron pieces et cetera that have been on the E-stand in the past then all be the original SS items they were told they were to possible buyers? Hmmmmz....

Another thought, just like the DHW items that are described in this thread or in period publications that showed the furniture i always see interesting advertising in the SS Storm newspapers. Here's an example of Pelican pens and inkt. Now we all know SS soldiers at the (east) front wrote a lot of letters...Following the line of thinking in this topic those pens must thus be all period SS cultural items?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hamer was founded in november 1940 by Voorman der SS Feldmeyer. A lot of the writers was SS men. You are completely right that a lot of symbols and furniture was way older than the SS itselfs. It was so called German symbols as they said (which was not always the thruth, some symbols just had nothing to de with old Germany. The SS kind of adopted them.

Comment

Same is with the Gahr pieces as one example.

Intention was to look at the decor and design of pre-christian pieces like brooches and necklaces and to use the traditional elements out of them to continue with that symbolism.

Comment

Allach - with few political/ideological centerpieces as the exception - was also available for every german citizen - and presented and shown on several public shows and occasions.

That was THE reason why Allach and the DHW were found:

To show, offer, organize, distribute and sell the ideology.
                                Your logic is faulty
                                You are conflating Allach with DHW.
                                As such you are incorrect again.

You see, Allach was an SS organization owned and operated business
                                while the DHW was not SS. Instead it was created by the very interesting August Darre under his own rule, not Himmlers.

or to put it another way: there are documents and evidence to prove Allach was SS while there is no documents that state DHW was in any way SS.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X