X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sources credited

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    Hmm...maybe there should be more copies of DHW booklets available..

These pieces offer a LOT of atmosphere of the period and for my taste they are the heart of any SS cultural collection.

And in this kitchen an Erbhof sign and a tree of life tapestry and it is all perfect harmony.
    I do not believe any DHW booklets state any furniture is SS.
    Prove me wrong .
    Please cite pages, titles, authors, of Third Reich era publications where this furniture you just showed is stated as SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
      "Well documented" as DHW.
      Until a source cites this furniture as SS, it is only DHW.
      No sources credited= unsubstantiated claims
      It would be great if everyone would think like that - that helps me finding more bargains.

Comment

Well if people wouldn't automatically claim that all dhw work was SS it might help your cause... but there are people in this hobby who will jump on any band wagon to think that any item is SS just because its third reich related

Comment

To each his own.

Maybe you have noticed by now that the DHW was an official GmbH of the Reichsnährstand.

And the Reichsnährstand was simply one important ideological and political branch of the SS in the hands of Himmler intimus and SS-Obergruppenführer Richard Walther Darré.

In the early days of the SS after Hitler´s election as Reichskanzler (30.01.33) Darré was more powerful than Himmler himself.

Comment

And here a fine period wrought iron DHW ceiling lamp in outstanding untouched original condition.
            Attached Files

Comment

Full view - this one is the ideal addition to the other DHW furniture pieces.
              Attached Files

Comment

To each his own.

Maybe you have noticed by now that the DHW was an official GmbH of the Reichsnährstand.

And the Reichsnährstand was simply one important ideological and political branch of the SS in the hands of Himmler intimus and SS-Obergruppenführer Richard Walther Darré.

In the early days of the SS after Hitler´s election as Reichskanzler (30.01.33) Darré was more powerful than Himmler himself.
                You have cited NO sources from TR era to prove any furniture from DHW magazines is SS.
                You argue a relation between Himmler and Darre. That is NO PROOF any furniture in DHW catalogs were SS.

By your logic, after Himmler and Darre had parted company politically by mid 30's then any DHW furniture by mid 30's would be considered NON SS anyway (lets look at those DHW booklets publishing dates ).

As I thought, there is no proof and only your assertions without any TR era sources cited.

Comment

Read your Weitzel book and this thread carefully.

Therefore try to understand german language since it is part of our way of thinking and acting, our culture.

A culture you need to know and understand - before you draw your conclusions.

Where do you think the first official Allach shop in Berlin was located?

Where ordered Himmler himself many of his private furniture pieces from?

And why?

What is stated and pictured about the DHW within the Weitzel book?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                    You have cited NO sources from TR era to prove any furniture from DHW magazines is SS.
                    You argue a relation between Himmler and Darre. That is NO PROOF any furniture in DHW catalogs were SS.

By your logic, after Himmler and Darre had parted company politically by mid 30's then any DHW furniture by mid 30's would be considered NON SS anyway (lets look at those DHW booklets publishing dates ).

As I thought, there is no proof and only your assertions without any TR era sources cited.
                    You are on your own - find the sources by yourself.

Comment

When I re-read this thread should I read it with known facts or do I have to include the made up ones also? I will also let you choose which weitzel book of mine I should read it with.

As far Himmler's furniture, very well could have been DHW or could have been by a master craftsmen that he personally admired, using the concept of only having eickhorn to make his honor daggers that logic could be easily applied to the theory of a single manufacture making it instead of a mass produced item.

As far as what it states about dhw ill have to wait till this weekend I only have the pdf downloadable file and not a true copy

Comment

You are on your own - find the sources by yourself.
                        He who asserts must provide proofs.
                        I am not the one asserting without proof. Do not assert items are SS without ANY real proof.
                        By the way,
                        What happened to the thorsten who repeatedly states that this thread is for sharing and learning ?

Comment

My new cultural item

Hi Guys, I am new to this aspect of collecting but recently purchased this item as my first cultural item. Hope you like it!

Friedrich-Karl Florian - Heinrich Himmler boxwood box with lid

Art Deco, with silver fitting parts, the silver knob with applied gold "F" in the form of a "Wolfsangel" and surrounding inscription "4. Februar 1944 HH", side inscription framed by two smaller swastikas "GL-PG Florian zum 50. Geburtstage RF SS". On the underside of the lid the maker "HERWEG SOLINGEN" surmounted by a crown, crescent moon and "835". Highquality work in "Neo-Germanic style". Diameter 18 cm. Height 14 cm.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Thanks Sir and Merry Christmas!

Comment

This is a great thread........

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 233 users online. 0 members and 233 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X