This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    Not only are you taking things out of context - but you also try to let the exception appear as the norm of how it was meant and ordered to be.

The SS family book clearly depicts the DHW and it´s production range as THE first choice for any serious SS member - the official premium class of germanic and pagan SS life style.

Your citation is about the fact within the period that not every SS member was able to pay the elaborated and skillful standard of the DHW products - and how to solve that situation and use other possibilities to live the SS life style via replacements and senseful local solutions.

Nothing more and nothing less.
    You are mistaken, Minnesinger had it right .
    Himmler envisaged a Nordic community wherein SS men would happily patronize the rustic independant peasantwood carvers (such as wheel wrights )found far away from any large corporate model. The Adel-blood of the ancient farmers and peasant craftsmen who produced the true holy art forms of the germanic past was the very basis of Himmler's religion, not as you say, the DHW.

Comment

This is the top piece of the DHW range which I found in a basement:

Very elaborated and skillful construction made of massive and heavy german oak with wrought iron hinges and tree of life fittings - apart from the DHW Jul chest THE ideological centerpiece for the germanic SS household.
      Attached Files

Comment

This type of closet was available in two different sizes and here comes the smaller brother:
        Attached Files

Comment

familiar

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
          Is anyone here familiar with the "Hamer" magazine? This was a magazine focussed on the cultural ideas of the Dutch SS.
          Yes , I am familiar with Hamer zeitungen. Very SS type Volkischness.Some Authors were Ahnenerbe and known SS.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Patrick,

As a paperwork collector of course you know them! They are great for understanding what the (Dutch) SS was thinking about history and Dutch culture.

I can't help but think that it is a SS magazine that pictured a lot of by and for the SS interesting cultural items. Things the SS tried to promote and approved to have in the farm or house. The thing is, those items pictured were often very old and regular to use cultural items, much much older than the period the SS existed itself. Funny thing is that this 195 pages cultural topic here on WAF shows a lot of those items that are pictured in the magazine or are similar in age or material. Would any of the wooden plates, cupboards, wrought iron pieces et cetera that have been on the E-stand in the past then all be the original SS items they were told they were to possible buyers? Hmmmmz....
            I agree. And am very glad you figured out this problem on estand with unsubstantiated claims being allowed to continue. within this Hamer there was a few pages on VolksKunst by an SS official expert on symbols. Here is one trunk that looks almost exactly like one thorsten tried to sell me once a few years ago as SS cultural item. Funny thing is the photo's caption reads it is from the year 1800.

Sorry about the fuzzy image, I am learning to use a new camera.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Michael Fay; 01-08-2013, 08:42 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Another thought, just like the DHW items that are described in this thread or in period publications that showed the furniture i always see interesting advertising in the SS Storm newspapers. Here's an example of Pelican pens and inkt. Now we all know SS soldiers at the (east) front wrote a lot of letters...Following the line of thinking in this topic those pens must thus be all period SS cultural items?
              Jabnus, your thinking is clear and sane.
              Lets follow through with your example to the final arguement of thorstens's "line of thinking in this topic (that DHW is SS since some SS used DHW products)" and now the Pelican pen company must also be a SS company.
              And he does not have to prove his assertions, but we have to prove it is wrong.

Comment

Apart from the two distinctive and impressive closets I presented the DHW offered this sideboard in slightly different variations and sizes - what we see is an official conference room of a Minister in the Reichshauptstadt Berlin.

It is published in the big DHW sales booklet in 1940.
                Attached Files

Comment

Many of the representative official buildings of the Reichsnährstand, SS and various other offices of state and party organizations were furnished with DHW products.

Since the DHW organized and established itself as a co-working network of regional smaller manufacturies and local craftsmen as masters of their trade business and production range went hand in hand with all traditional branches of skilled crafts and trades.

Here more pics of these typical DHW sideboards:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here the premium version of it - again with traditionally hand-crafred iron hinges and fittings in addition to the style and design of the closets.

First pic is from an official DHW exhibition; the material is soft wood, usually pine tree or european larch was offered depending on the wish of the orderer, the availability of the type of wood and the german region, the production place.

The second one is made of german oak.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The smaller version represents an alternative version and cheaper way to realize the Jul corner in the SS family´s household:

Proportions and size are in perfect harmony with the big tree of life tapestries as additional cultic and religious centerpieces, the Julleuchter in the middle and wooden Jul plate and SS wedding plate to the left and right and there we have the classical Jul corner of the SS.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thorsten, although I'm with Micheal on the debate on DHW, I do thank you for showing these great pieces, very interesting an keep posting please.

Comment

Well,

Thank you - everybody is entitled to have one´s own opinion about certain things in this field of collecting.

I came forward with profound and objective arguments based on period sources such as the very important SS family book as well as other period publications - doubtless evidence.

The formula is quite easy:

DHW = Reichsnährstand = SS.

That´s it.

Comment

No it is not.

Everybody is entitled to like what they like, for whatever reason they like what they like. As long as someone is happy with his or her own collectibles that ok's. It becomes a whole other story when someone is purposely selling collectibles with a made up story to mask them as something they are not.

It is NOT right to repeatedly keep on stating that something is SS when it is not possible to back it up by real evidence.

I also have another genuine interest question about the DHW and hope im not being crudely insulted and ignored for asking.

Is it normal that the in post #2938 shown cabinet differs so much from the one shown in the black and white photo above? There are so many different details it's obviously a different cabinet?

regards,
                            Gaston

Comment

You already did not value my original Gahr brooch of which I was polite and helpful enough and shared pics of it, simply because you asked about pics of original Gahr jewelry pieces - instead of being thankful for my nice gesture of helping another collector here you came around and tried to lecture me that my Gahr piece is not a Gahr piece.

Now you want to lecture me in regards to DHW pieces - although your question about the DHW sideboards alone indicates that you know nothing about the whole subject.

I tell you what:

I don´t need to lecture you - You don´t need to lecture me.

Comment

And here we go again. What is the problem here Thorsten? The WAF used to be a NICE place and a "good place everyday" on which collectors helped other collectors out to learn and study the items they find interesting. This is not meant in any way bad or as flaming, but your responses are quite impolite.

As a cultural brooches collector i tried to learn something from Gahr brooches but was instead shown a few random pictures by you (some obvious fake!) and when asked for more information i was denied that information and just rudely told that i am lecturing you? What is the problem here really?

Did i ever do something wrong to you? You are always the first here to reply and ask people everything and tell them how good you know everything (even if clearly wrong), but when sincerely asked for more information about the things you post (Gahr brooches, DHW...) you in return reply like you do here above? I think you don't know half as much as you pretend to know and when being asked things you can't answer you just hide behind a "i don't need to lecture you".

About the DHW: i do indeed not know much about DHW objects but would love to learn more, that's why i asked. Hopefully someone else who's more experienced can join and reply in a more mature way. As a long time collector of WWII items i do know to be sceptic when items are clearly different from items shown in catalogs or with different details than shown in official publications. Maybe the DHW works otherwise and different used wood, metal parts and details are normal. Instead of telling me int he way you just did again and which seems to be your trademark (???) it would have been nice if you gave an answer everyone could learn from. In a topic that is for 50% full with replys by you, it seems again and again that it is impossible to ask for more information. To actually really learn something here and be answered in the way you demand from others in the topics you reply in yourself, are two different worlds.

Gaston

ps: i never anywhere said im not thankfull to anyone if someone posts a picture or information when i ask for something. I genuinly appreciate it when someone takes the time. You do seem to have a problem with understanding the difference between sincere interest by other collectors and a personnal attack or lecture against you. Again i tell you: i never did that, but i do have interest in these items and when some does reply i like to learn more.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 232 users online. 0 members and 232 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X