X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS cultural plates-and they must be DHW too

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=644368

Wow, these beauties prove once and for all the connection to SS and DHW.
    Just send them to the special Deutsch carpentry shop to get an odal rune carved on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=644368

...prove once and for all the connection to SS and DHW.
      Of course the shown pieces are a nice joke.

But:

Michael,

can you share us in detail how do you come to your conclusion that SS and DHW are NOT connected?

I would like to hear from you.

Comment

Yeah Mike,

Don't you know that all the farmers, weavers, wood carver in the DHW wore the black cloth of the SS, it's common knowledge. In their boot camp they were given their craft item e.g: pitchfork or hoe for the farmers, loom for the weavers and pick and chisel for the wood carvers, instead of a Mauser.

Comment

Informative as usual.

Comment

Good job guys, now this thread can be cleaned up again

Just discuss items for their historical context, construction, use, period reference etc. so we can all learn. No problem if people have different opinions on items, but approach eachother with respect please.

Comment

you have never produced ACTUAL documents stating DHW was an SS operation.

You would have triumphantly produced such evidence before now if there was such proof.

Demanding the DHW was SS without 100 % documented proof seems to be an attempt akin to calling all Polizei items SS .

Show the Documents and prove me wrong.

Comment

Here we go - part of the DHW production range published here:
                Attached Files

Comment

DHW furniture and decorative pieces as ideological and religious centerpieces of the SS household:

What we can see are - with the exception of the Julleuchter (produced by PMA and DEST) and the SS-Sippenbuch (produced by F. Mayr in Miesbach) all DHW pieces.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Michael,

Since you cannot read german language the description of the depicted Radkreuz within the shown SS family book in english language for you:

The wheel wrench (produced by the Deutsches Heimatwerk in Düsseldorf, Hindenburgwall 42).

Comment

And finally the ideological and religious heart of the SS family:

The Jul corner.

DHW Jul chest, DHW wall tapestry and DHW birthday ring.
                      Attached Files

Comment

For me that tells that the SS could use/buy DHW pieces and that it was promoted to buy "Germanic items" in books published for/by the SS, but it was i.m.o. not a strickt SS business, since the items where for sale for well... any German I guess; DHW pieces where for instance shown at the Reichsgartenschau to the broad public.

Comment

lack of actual Historical evidence that DHW as SS in Context

Is that all you have? Just the same images you have shown over and over and over?

Sorry but as you know, you have not produced any 100 % documented evidence to prove the DHW was an SS organization.
                          I have explained this fact to you over and over that the SS Familie book does not prove this.

This book of which I own many and have read thoroughly, does not state the DHW is an SS organization.

This is not proof .
                          All This shows Himmler and Weitzel admired and found Darre's DHW items wonderful for use by SS.

In fact this does not even proove that any plate that is carved like that is by the DHW, as this very book calls on SS men to utilize the local wood worker to commision such items-as such they did not even need the DHW.

Comment

Not to forget the famous pic with the SS wedding plate in center on that traditional old wooden chest and the well-known carved dedication:

Ehret die Scholle die uns/euch ernährt.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
                              For me that tells that the SS could use/buy DHW pieces and that it was promoted to buy "Germanic items", but it was i.m.o. not a strickt SS business, since the items where for sale for well... any German I guess; DHW pieces where for instance shown at the Reichsgartenschau to the broad public.
                              Glad you noticed my point .
                              I consider this important in a historical context. As such,I take it very seriously that someone constantly demands DHW is SS without actual proof.
                              Such claims can not be left unproven.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                                Is that all you have? Just the same images you have shown over and over and over?

Sorry but as you know, you have not produced any 100 % documented evidence to prove the DHW was an SS organization.
                                I have explained this fact to you over and over that the SS Familie book does not prove this.

This book of which I own many and have read thoroughly, does not state the DHW is an SS organization.

This is not proof .
                                All This shows Himmler and Weitzel admired and found Darre's DHW items wonderful for use by SS.

In fact this does not even proove that any plate that is carved like that is by the DHW, as this very book calls on SS men to utilize the local wood worker to commision such items-as such they did not even need the DHW.
                                Nuts.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X