Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooookkkaaaayyy...NOW LOOK WHAT I HAVE JUST FOUND!!

this is a stunning, huge, 1939 period daytime bed blanket, showing Pagan motives, the year and some Initials..it was put over the bed during daytime...also used on the couch in the living room area back in the days... its a Beauty by itself but hard to take decent photos of..

DHW Item?
    Attached Files

Comment

s
      Attached Files

Comment

f
        Attached Files

Comment

killer blanket Andreas

Comment

Very fine and unique piece!

I see Lebensrune, Totenrune, Irminsul and flower/herbs-motifs together with birds and even dated - may very well be a DHW piece, they definitely offered a wider range of such interieur pieces!

Great score - Congrads!

Comment

thank you very much Guys

here is another nice Jul piece I want to show (its not the time of the year but whatever...its so bad she lost her Wings ...a similar one is shown on a DHW Cataloge

Im using Steves photo here..

P.S. btw
              I would have no problem moving this Thread elsewhere to a appropiate Forum..It will still have its "lovers" looking at...but I can understand SS Collectors who are bored by this Thread..peace

Andreas
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 04-03-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Andreas, a nice find. Lovely Edda plate too, quite amazed that hasn't sold!

Comment

What a nice wooden DHW figure - even with tree of life decor.

Great add and score - that´s the cultural stuff I enjoy looking at as well since it is merely unknown but not unimportant.

More of these, please

Comment

Jul piece

wings or no wings, its an awesome piece.. too old for me though!!! i like them younger!!
                    thanks for sharing Andreas.

Comment

...cast or real?

what do you guys think about this Erbhof sign for sale on e-stand? http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...10#post4583510
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cast or real?

What nonsense is that?

They are all made of cast iron and there are no copies/fakes in iron in existence at all.

A beautiful Erbhof sign in great condition - that´s all I see.

And the price is more than reasonable!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          Cast or real?

What nonsense is that?

They are all made of cast iron and there are no copies/fakes in iron in existence at all.

A beautiful Erbhof sign in great condition - that´s all I see.

And the price is more than reasonable!
                          I agree with Thorsten and priced right!

Comment

thanks...

Comment

Today at my local antique furniture restorer...

...I made these blurry pics (neon light and my "great" photographer skills) of my DHW furniture pieces that I hunted down and brought to him recently.

This is in his workshop and next to it his his - very well decorated! - sales room as one can see by sneaking through the door one can see lefthand.

These pieces were in use in a pub until the place closed.

Funny enough they put two lovely DHW Anrichten together and made a vitrine for keeping the beer mugs in - Prost!

Well, here is the bottom of that "vitrine" - DHW piece Nr. 91

Enjoy!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                                I have no expertise whatsoever with these pieces but can you draw that conclusion from what's been said? Nothing I see tells us that, also nothing tells us what a real one looks like for sure.

Without any real evidence the position of the mounting holes tells us nothing, apart from as Robert says its only a matter of minutes to tap three holes, about the same time as it would take to countersink the three holes on the type with holes all the way through. No real significant difference in time to produce either piece, for a faker or original producer.

From a practical point of view, the three holes all way through seems a good option, you could mount to a wall, door or gate from the front. With only reverse access you could mount to a door or gate but would have to mount to a board first before going on a wall.
                                i guess there's no way of knowing from the holes..
                                did someone mention how the corners connect could be a sign of a legit one?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 145 users online. 0 members and 145 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X