Attached Files

Comment

Isn't a beauty ?

taken from a Ahnenerbe book

Comment

The Irminsul tapestry at it´s former place:
        Attached Files

Comment

The Irminsul was very popular within the period and mainly (if not only) used and designed by the SS - here two very elaborated examples of period cultural candleholders:
          Attached Files

Comment

That hallway from the other side - note the eagle, created by an Allach artist.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              The Irminsul was very popular within the period and mainly (if not only) used and designed by the SS - here two very elaborated examples of period cultural candleholders:
              any TR era photo documentation forthese two different designed candle holders?

Comment

some one should have told those pesky christians not to alter the irmisul then:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3717773...n/photostream/

Comment

Originally posted by Helbe View Post
                  Isn't a beauty ?

taken from a Ahnenerbe book
                  The owner of a well known militaria website told me he had many years ago owned a large SS banner with the irminsul on it.
                  So it is out there somewhere, presumably in an old collection.

Comment

Burn Heretic, burn!

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post

But if you did, you would have been "altered" in a terrible way by those pesky Xtians.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post

I've been to the Externsteine, it's a very beautiful place. If you look carefully at the photo in that link you will see that the christian who is disrespecting the Irminsul by bending it over and standing on it has had his legs chipped away.

Cheers

Nicole

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                        The owner of a well known militaria website told me he had many years ago owned a large SS banner with the irminsul on it.
                        So it is out there somewhere, presumably in an old collection.
                        Unless they moved it around I don't think it's a one off. I've seen one hanging in an office that Rosenberg visited.
                        Last edited by Minnesinger; 11-15-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                          Unless they moved it around I don't think it's a one off. I've seen one hanging in an office that Rosenberg visited.
                          Was it really large? that is how the one I was told about was described.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                            Was it really large? that is how the one I was told about was described.
                            It was big but I wouldn't say really large. It was on wall behind a desk. The one from Dalhem looks to be bigger.

Comment

Hi
                              this is not really the culture NS (whatever?), but for those who like the wooden objects that interest you small box
                              thank you

Comment

Originally posted by GEROME View Post
                                Hi
                                this is not really the culture NS (whatever?), but for those who like the wooden objects that interest you small box
                                thank you

Deutscher Turnerbund

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 141 users online. 0 members and 141 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X