This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USCollect View Post
    Hi Guys, I am new to this aspect of collecting but recently purchased this item as my first cultural item. Hope you like it!

Friedrich-Karl Florian - Heinrich Himmler boxwood box with lid

Art Deco, with silver fitting parts, the silver knob with applied gold "F" in the form of a "Wolfsangel" and surrounding inscription "4. Februar 1944 HH", side inscription framed by two smaller swastikas "GL-PG Florian zum 50. Geburtstage RF SS". On the underside of the lid the maker "HERWEG SOLINGEN" surmounted by a crown, crescent moon and "835". Highquality work in "Neo-Germanic style". Diameter 18 cm. Height 14 cm.
    Thanks for showing somthing totally different than the usual boring fare.
    Interesting item.
    Does it actually say in German writing "Neo-Germanic style"on the underside or are you simply describing this piece?

Comment

How about looking into the last Hermann Historica auction?

Comment

Could you tell me about this engraved wooden plaque, please?

Comment

It obviously has been pulled.

Comment

Do you know history of this item, please? original or a fake?

Comment

Well, since it was offered upfront to have "some" unknown connection to Wewelsburg castle I would not go gaga about it.

Might be period - it might be not - to each his own.

If you like it buy it - I don´t.

Comment

Thanks Thorsten!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  Darré´s Reichsnährstand was so powerful that - within the early years from 1933-36 at least - Himmler could only develope his cultural agenda within the SS with the supporting help of Darré and his bureaucracy and money.
                  As an example the founding of the Ahnenerbe could not have been realized if Darré would not have logged them in contract and paid the first employed scientists, secretaries and workers - means that the Reichsnährstand was a very effective and important pillar of the whole SS-structure.
                  Darré had a huge cultic influence towards Himmler and in my opinion founding the Deutsches Heimatwerk was one of the most interesting cultural actions within the SS.
                  It enabled Himmler to let his plans about creating an own elite aryan and germanic life-style become reality very quickly and fulfilled another important thing: by manufacturing these massive and representative pieces of furniture and interior design the craftmen´s and specialized families of farmers should get an important income during winter- and lifetime.
                  Many official and private buildings were furnished and decorated by the product range of Deutsches Heimatwerk.

Himmlers house in Gmund at the Tegernsee was the most noteworthy private building of them.
                  Having some influence on Himmler in the early years and enjoying Himmler's approval (for awhile) does not make DHW an SS organizatiion. Eventually Darre lost power and influence with Himmler and the rest of the nazi hierarchy . as stated, Bormann, perhaps to his credit, held loyalty to the officially demoted Darre.

Comment

Good Morning Michael,

Glad to see you back in town!

Here for your gaudium another splendid SS cultural gem which resides on one of my DHW sideboards.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Some more pics of this typical SS wedding plate.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi and happy épiphanie guys

Comment

Originally posted by GEROME View Post
                          Hi and happy épiphanie guys

Ernahrt the gebäck von the Korn-I am getting hungry now

Comment

she delicious

Comment

Sorry for the delayed reply and thanks for your message. It doesn's say anything on the piece about Neo-Germanic style...it's just the auctioneer describing it. Am happy to answer any other questions. Thanks again!

Thanks for showing somthing totally different than the usual boring fare.
                              Interesting item.
                              Does it actually say in German writing "Neo-Germanic style"on the underside or are you simply describing this piece?

Comment

nice plate Gerome

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 220 users online. 0 members and 220 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X