X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice Thorsten even very nice

Comment

Thorsten, looks like your red one is a twin for my tan!
      Attached Files

Comment

A very tasteful arrangement!

Comment

chest

nice! From Jan. 1938 publication.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jack83 View Post
            Thorsten, looks like your red one is a twin for my tan!

Comment

Originally posted by Filip View Post
              Ha, see something familiar Filip?

Comment

Wonderful items.

Comment

Since we are at it:

This one is from Berlin as well and already in the offer the seller stated that it is - at least - about 60 years old. I printed that offer as evidence and picked it up - quickly.

A very interesting colour and I am glad I managed to aquire it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

...looks like a match to Maestro's; post 1866

Comment

Don,

I should not forget to thank you for your nice contribution; the pictured chest in the article you shared looks very interesting.

Coming back to the tapestries we should not forget to include the aims of the other side of the Reich:

In 1940 Liese Henning (1904-2000) designed a very beautiful tapestry and named it:

"Kärntner Brauch im Jahreslauf" - a special austro-german variation of the tree of life symbolism.

Interestingly enough her project became reality - without changes due to the visable drawings she made in 1940 - not before 1954.

Another example that manufacturing this kind of cultural pieces did not abruptely came to an end in 1945.

Here is the piece itself, picture taken by U. P. Schwarz - the story and a whole book regarding this unique piece can be seen here:

http://www.musica.at/kaiser-kaplaner/wandbehang/
                      Attached Files

Comment

Actually due to the info on the website that specific tapestry was a DHW project as well - and finally carried out in 1954 within the Kärntner Heimatwerk (found and opened under that name after 1945) which still exists today!

The great thing about these DHW pieces is that they all bear the same design and one has plenty of room for nice arrangements and displays on and behind this variation of their typical sideboard - the big brother of a smaller one which pic I shared already in another comment.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Thorsten B.; 12-09-2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

"Kärntner Brauch im Jahreslauf" - Nice add to thread Thorsten.

Lot's of Lebensbaum tapestry in here, enough for a small forest, one of the most discussed items here, and it being a non-SS item in the SS cultural thread to boot!

Here's another one A period photo of a Lebensbaum tapestry.
                          Attached Files

Comment

That´s anice example as well - would be a nice add to this DHW table.
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is one of the most germanic looking tables of the DHW range - and is practical as well.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This DHW table in use in official state offices of the Reich in Berlin - pictures from the website of germaniainternational - initially from the big DHW furniture catalog from 1940.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 338 users online. 0 members and 338 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X