X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
    thanks for the link Steve
    can only agree on that about the tiles... I particular like the Zietenhusar the most, because my Grand Grand Father was in this regiment.

Wow, you should find one of those tiles then

Here's a shot from the catalogue 'Deutscher Künstler und Die SS', unfortunately not the right one for you (and the tiles are not shown, only listed). Its the Malachowski Hussar in the 3D form.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve T; 07-19-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

his Stein!
      Attached Files

Comment

Vince,

My camera works not properly at the moment so there is surely a lack of sharpness in my pics - just gives you an idea of how they look like.

Over the years I have inspected all five in person and I like the Seydlitz-Kürassier one the most although - if they survived in very good condition - they are all done in amazing detail and colours.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
          his Stein!
          Super piece, how nice to have such a family item. Thanks for showing

Comment

Hi,

many thanks Steve for the link of the Allach website of Basil, which is an amazing website for sure !

You are right Thorsten, underrated pieces ! Many thanks for your pics !

I think that the Meissen/Allach dispute is like what we have with the various companies that are using 1/6 Dragon Figure bodies adding their own uniforms/weapons.

See You

Vince

Comment

Nahrung Ist Waffe

Here's a poster with a script we have seen on a bread plate.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Steve T; 07-20-2012, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Nahrung ist Waffe plate:

- before being restored

- during restoration
                Attached Files

Comment

And after being restored.
                  Attached Files

Comment

How to fake the age of a wooden antique like a plate

Is there anyone here on WAF who knows how the fakers age and distress wood to make items look old?
                    I know this criminal artform has been used in the antique furniture market for years, but I dont actually know what the terchniques entail.
                    I guess putting, say a wooden plate/teller into a bowl of water (or salt water) for a long time and even buryed in the ground for a while might work. I suppose there are some chemical bleaches to wash out a piece that is fake like a supposed antique plate.

Of course there is the "distressing" of wood with banging it about on the floor , with a hammer and chain...

Then one could restore it by putting wood oil on it, and have a fake 'antique' plate made to fool, or so I imagine
                    Anyone here who is credible also in the antique business?
                    Last edited by Michael Fay; 07-20-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Anyone who can receive german television...it just started 10min ago a movie called: Lebensborn
                      A movie that gives a little insight in the Lebensborn Organisation

On Channel: 3sat

Comment

its a czech movie

http://www.3sat.de/page/?source=/film/163312/index.html

Comment

...I enter in this wonderful topic "on tip-toe", with my first Cultural plate...it arrived today! I hope that you like it, and, above all, that (like it seem) it's a good one....
                          Attached Files

Comment

....It was a gift. If I understand well, one work make during "free-time"...Weihnnachten in felde 1941?
                            Attached Files

Comment

A VERY fine plate and original, of course.

Was listed in one of the recent HH auctions as far as I remember.

Congrads to your first step into the amazing world of NS/SS cultural items.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                                A VERY fine plate and original, of course.

Was listed in one of the recent HH auctions as far as I remember.

Congrads to your first step into the amazing world of NS/SS cultural items.
                                Thanks Thorsten! I don't know if this plate it's the same, but I take this, from one of the better (and rare) italian sellers.....I was very lucky!

Sorry for my great "ignorance", but, may you explain the meaning of the "Ein Fest"?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X