• Show
Clear All

..pre-DHW photo..

Minnesinger, great post.. thanks.
    nice pair of unicorns Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
      Michael

One similar to mine and yours was displayed on either WAF or GD some years ago by another English collector. It was displayed with an SS desk set of some sort. I corresponded with him in hopes of buying it, as he purported some Weitzel association. I found this one in 2006 on a European militaria auction. It was reasonable from my perspective and he included two DHW catalogs for a few bucks more. I have two photos of a piece similar to mine displayed on a table, one photo including a period letter opener and the other a desk set of a clear material marked with Wewelsburg that have no attribution. But just checking, I see the file creation date was 2006, so these must be pictures from the seller in Germany.
      Thanks for the info Joe. As we got these at "reasonable" prices it is obvious we did not buy them from the used rug salesman on WAF's e-stand.

Comment

used rug salesman

Thorsten,
        as you are the self-proclaimed SS cultural Guru and expert on Teppich rugs,
        your silence on this photo from the 1970's is damning. Ususally you are ever so loquacious and so quick to try and show your lofty wisdom and expertise on cultural items, especially rugs.
        And yet now, you are so inexplicably ....quiet.
        Attached Files

Comment

Michael,

Reading your silly ranting () I assume not only that you still cannot controll your elaborated jealousy but it´s getting worse now:

You are obviously so out of control that you lost your ability to read.

But no problem - the "SS-Guru" () is - like always - willing to help:

Just read my comment 1040 - cannot be easier, can it?

Comment

After you are done with that would you finally be willing to share your "lofty wisdom" regarding cultural chests with us by publishing your mentioned article about chests in the period?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              Michael,

Reading your silly ranting () I assume not only that you still cannot controll your elaborated jealousy but it´s getting worse now:

You are obviously so out of control that you lost your ability to read.

But no problem - the "SS-Guru" () is - like always - willing to help:

Just read my comment 1040 - cannot be easier, can it?

So....you maintain you had no idea that there was any manufacturers making these rugs you so love to constantly show (and sell) ?

Perhaps you will accept returns on you rugs and give back their money?

If you are innocent as the driven snow, then you are a fraud as an expert of any kind.

Now , either you are a liar when you act as the expert;or
              you have been a liar that knew exactly how false the claim that your rugs were all Tr era. A liar this whole time, and at this moment.

Or are you perhaps a bit of both types of liar?

In any case...who would buy a used rug from you now?

Comment

would you buy a used rug from this man?

I did not find any tag on my piece so I assume it is just not there anymore - I decided that I will put it up for sale soon.
                :
                So your selling a modern rug for 180 euro on the estand, and you call it a bargain.
                you even have the nerve to state how new it looks as a selling point!
                it is new looking because... it is new.
                And only 180 euro....what a "bargain"

Thorstens states:

"Condition is flawless - fresh colours and no damage.

Price for this beauty is 180 Euros including shipping via DHL parcel."

Comment

"...I personally believe it to be wiser to discuss economics with a communist than anything with you..."

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                    O.K, now were getting somewhere.
                    I appreciate your admittance that it could be a bit before or after... that is a reasonable and honest stance.
                    Somthing needed around here these days-a real breath of fresh air.

I must point out that even info from original owner/seller has the same old issues as any other item of TR era.
                    The story is "just a story"... but still, better than nothing in some cases as the piece itself may show promise in the ways you suggest .

Yes, this type does not have loops. I know well ...

I like Joe's so much, I got one just like it.I have shown it on WAF already, but here it is again for educational purposes. It is really coarse to the tactile touch,
                    and best of all it was from an honorable seller and was an extreme bargain too- adequately reflecting the risk of such items. Not like the high prices on WAF lately.
                    Yes, its a nice piece.

I think the pattern is called 'Bernward', possibly something to do with Roman Catholic Bishop of Hildesheim? St. Bernard in fact. I don't have one so I've not had a burning need to pursue that thought so its been on the back burner so to speak.

More focus is on the more pagan type designs in this forum but even in the 30's the pagan world was tiny compared to to the christian and I'm sure any good marketing man/woman of a textile company would surely be catering to the largely christian world of Germany as well, especially before the DHW came along.

Comment

Makes one wonder who the "honorable seller" is.

Michael,

Any idea?

Comment

"...I personally believe it to be wiser to discuss economics with a communist than anything with you..."
                        that is a beautiful quote from one WAF member to you personally In this thread on post 725. By the member Kaiserwilhelm2.
                        Remember him?
                        He has a sensible understanding that you are a waste of time:
                        Lets hear Kaiserwilhelm in his own words......

"Thorsten,

I will only respond once to you as I personally believe it to be wiser to discuss economics with a communist than anything with you. ...
                        ...Like I said just a one time response to you.

Cheers, W .."

Everyday is a good day on WAF...do you remember that day, thorsten?

Comment

Nice try, Michael.

Now what about your "honorable seller"?

And what about sharing your mentioned article of cultural chests in the period?

Do good once in a while and enlighten us.

Comment

today is a good day, indeed

Nice try, Michael.

Now what about your "honorable seller"?

And what about sharing your mentioned article of cultural chests in the period?

Do good once in a while and enlighten us.

Ahhh, theres the difference between us: when I share things I dont turn it into a sale pitch for whats for sale .

So, in other words, when i share it is for free, while you always have an agenda towards making some money.

As I do what I do for free, I dont feel compelled to answer questions , especially yours.
                            that is why I never told you what your old boss Direktor John- Stuck told me about your character.

Comment

Aha!

Now that´s becoming really, really interesting:

Although Mrs. Kirsten John-Stucke was actually never my boss at Wewelsburg castle now you seriously need to come up with what she told you about my character.

Can you please publish everything you have on file regarding that matter?

I assume that - if she wrote something untruthful regarding me and my character - it could cost her very well her job at the castle!

I left the museum at Wewelsburg castle with a brilliant certification and a letter of reference and it was not signed by Mrs. John-Stucke.

I can even translate and post it here - no problem.

So that it is plain to see for everybody that I have nothing to hide under the carpet.

SO ENLIGHTEN US, MICHAEL!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                                Yes, its a nice piece.

I think the pattern is called 'Bernward', possibly something to do with Roman Catholic Bishop of Hildesheim? St. Bernard in fact. I don't have one so I've not had a burning need to pursue that thought so its been on the back burner so to speak.

More focus is on the more pagan type designs in this forum but even in the 30's the pagan world was tiny compared to to the christian and I'm sure any good marketing man/woman of a textile company would surely be catering to the largely christian world of Germany as well, especially before the DHW came along.
                                Maybe it is me, but you are vague. You "think"...or 'guess'or 'know' for a fact?
                                I really cant tell what stance you are taking there.
                                And I guess you are also saying it is from the 30's?

Any way it is all good to me. I have piles of Ahnenerbe Germaniens and SS Leitheften that go on an on that the so- called Christian motifs in Germany are really ancient pagan motifs simply taken by Christianity--and that little bird is more pagan than Christian for sure... And Luther was OK with the SS, and Katholic monk heretics were ok with the SS. Himmler said it is the Atheists that are the real enemys of the Nazi and SS cause.
                                It is all covered by those extremely contadictory SS types who were Aryan Christians.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 368 users online. 0 members and 368 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X