Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MORE GREAT photos !!!! Thank You ! Tom

Comment

Nice photos ! Which type of scanner do you use for this great photos to get such a good resolution ?

BR
      Jo

Comment

Cafe der 3000 and Furstenhof BierStube Friedrichstrasse Berlin Germany 1938.

An Amazing street seen in the picture here (although all the street scenes are indeed breath-taking) ... the cafe "Moka Efti" was featured in the recent Netflix production "Babylon Berlin"... portrayed as a hub of nefarious activities. To see it here in full color is really neat. The production of the front of the cafe looks similar (the blue neon lighting etc.) ... thanks for sharing these.

sincerely, bob

Comment

The Ju 52 in note #808 looks as sharp as the one in the opening scene of "Where Eagles Dare!" Thanks, Ian!!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by jofun View Post
            Nice photos ! Which type of scanner do you use for this great photos to get such a good resolution ?

BR
            Jo

Hi Jo.

There are more pricey options to scanning like the Nikon Coolscan 5000.. but for me I have a Epson V750 slide and negative scanner and that scanned with 3000 DPI gives me a beautiful result.. plus a little Photo Shop magic

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Clark View Post
              Cafe der 3000 and Furstenhof BierStube Friedrichstrasse Berlin Germany 1938.

An Amazing street seen in the picture here (although all the street scenes are indeed breath-taking) ... the cafe "Moka Efti" was featured in the recent Netflix production "Babylon Berlin"... portrayed as a hub of nefarious activities. To see it here in full color is really neat. The production of the front of the cafe looks similar (the blue neon lighting etc.) ... thanks for sharing these.

sincerely, bob

your very welcome Bob

Happy that other people love what I find and do
              Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                The Ju 52 in note #808 looks as sharp as the one in the opening scene of "Where Eagles Dare!" Thanks, Ian!!

Br. James

Your very welcome

Comment

i know its not the weekend.. not yet

But I wanted to add this cool kodachrome post war slide that came in the door today

Enjoy.
                  Ian

American civilians inspecting a German V2 long-range guided ballistic missile in Washington DC. USA 1946.

https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...5&ctypes=photo

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                    i know its not the weekend.. not yet

But I wanted to add this cool kodachrome post war slide that came in the door today

Enjoy.
                    Ian

American civilians inspecting a German V2 long-range guided ballistic missile in Washington DC. USA 1946.

https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...5&ctypes=photo
                    If that's the one that ended up in the Washington Smithsonian then I've seen that same one !

Comment

Me too, Mil-Archive, and if it's the same guided missile, then we have the whole history of it's post-war travels. That's very exciting!

And I'm very glad, too, that what those folks were looking at in 1946 was NOT aimed at us on this side of the Pond...makes one shiver!!

Br. James

Comment

evening guys.

Could anyone give me some help on this shot... Berlin 1946... but other than that I have no info....

Thank you.
                        Ian

this is from the same set as above:

https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...6&ctypes=photo
                        Last edited by i.spring; 11-25-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Hi

This could be the U.S 78th Inf Div parade on May 8th 1946 for the 1 year celebretion.

Link to The Observer pdf for the baseball photo : https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&sourc...4_miyaYdA4QBSS
                          Last edited by H.W Plainview; 11-25-2018, 06:01 PM.
                          sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Comment

Originally posted by H.W Plainview View Post
                            Hi

This could be the U.S 78th Inf Div parade on May 8th 1946 for the 1 year celebretion.

Link to The Observer pdf for the baseball photo : https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&sourc...4_miyaYdA4QBSS

Thank you !!

Comment

I was digging around my old photo slide boxes tonight and dug up this old color slide. Showing german troops with their petrol tanker before the war. Its not a really special historical image BUT... after scanning it fresh with my Epson V700 tonight and comparing it with my last 15 year old scan, its really amazing to see the improvements and how these old slides can still be so fantasticaly restored with a little TLC

Enjoy. Ian

Comment

2 rearlly old color slides in my collection but freshly scanned and now loaded onto pixpast

Enjoy.
                                Ian

American Army AirForce training instructor with USAF Army Campaign Hat and mascot pet Fox. Larson Air Force Base 1942
                                https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...2&ctypes=photo

German army Doctor. December 1942. Sologubovka, Leningrad Oblast, Russia. 24th Infantry Division.

https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...1&ctypes=photo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X