No announcement yet.

Color War Slides from Ian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here are a few more sample sheets from my most recent german color slide collections. End of 2018 start of 2019.

Enjoy.
    Ian

Schutz Reg 304.2.Pz-Div France Greece Russia Caucasus Prag

Luftwaffe reporter / photographer Kriegsberichter Otto Vieth Ital Russia 1941-1942

Comment

Great stuff Ian!

Thanks for taking the time to post the update and congrats on the group from the German family.

vr

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
        I will keep my eye open. Im working through the new collection as we speak

Ian

Thanks, Ian! Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but below in your slide display - specifically slide # fg565(17) looks to be of Stuka pilot, Hauptmann Johann Zemsky (Commander II./Stukageschwader 1)
          and his radio operator after his 500th mission @ Stalingrad.

The issue date for the 'Der Adler' was 4th April, 1942.... Zemsky was killed on 28th August 1942 on his 601st mission and was posthumously awarded the EL to his RK.

The PK credit to the cover does not however appear to be Otto Vieth...

Some amazing slides shown....

Attached Files
          Last edited by Max Wünsche; 01-21-2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
            Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but below in your slide display - specifically slide # fg565(17) looks to be of Stuka pilot, Hauptmann Johann Zemsky (Commander II./Stukageschwader 1)
            and his radio operator after his 500th mission @ Stalingrad.

The issue date for the 'Der Adler' was 4th April, 1942.... Zemsky was killed on 28th August 1942 on his 601st mission and was posthumously awarded the EL to his RK.

The PK credit to the cover does not however appear to be Otto Vieth...

Some amazing slides shown....

In one or two other color slides taken in and around Zemsky, you can see a few more reporters and photographers. So they visited Zemsky as a media group on the same day.
            So Im not surprised if one of Otto Vieths co photographers took this exact shot. At the same time Otto took his agfacolor color shot.

Ian

Comment

getting a great little agfacolor color slide in the post tomorrow. A rare german privately taken agfacolor color slide (farbdia) showing this: SD.KFZ.8 DB9 FLAK 18 88MM 1940
              First company of the anti-tank battalion Panzerjäger-Abteilung 8 which participated in the Invasion of Poland in 1939, the Battle of France in 1940.
              There are very few original color photos of this beast and I am going to invest a lot of time restoring this one

Best wishes. Ian

Comment

A worthy project, Ian! And that beast looks like it took a beating!!

Cheers, and keep up the wonderful work,

Br. James

Comment

Not one you see many picture of. I have seen other pics of a destroyed 'SD.KFZ.8 DB9 FLAK 18 88' but the barrle is always pointing the other way. I wonder if they are reversed or just differnt vec.

Comment

In one or two other color slides taken in and around Zemsky, you can see a few more reporters and photographers. So they visited Zemsky as a media group on the same day.
                    So Im not surprised if one of Otto Vieths co photographers took this exact shot. At the same time Otto took his agfacolor color shot.

Ian
                    That is what I gathered too... For an event such as his 500th mission I can see why more than one correspondent would be present.

Cannot wait to see that latest slide cleaned up, very nice indeed....

Comment

a work in progress....

Comment

Evening guys.

Here is a great shot from my new color slide collection

Krankentransport-Abt. 562

German army medical ambulance machine-gunned by Russian aircraft attack. Ternopil Ukraine 1942

https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...9&ctypes=photo

Comment

here is another agfacolor farbdia from the same collection
                          Enjoy.

Ian

German army ambulance and medical transport unit Krankentransport-Abt. 562. Ternopil Ukraine 1942

https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...0&ctypes=photo

Comment

thge red crosses were the targets?
                            curious that no bullets exploded the rear car glass
                            Evening guys.

Here is a great shot from my new color slide collection

Krankentransport-Abt. 562

German army medical ambulance machine-gunned by Russian aircraft attack. Ternopil Ukraine 1942

https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...9&ctypes=photo

Comment

I think im wrong in saying this was an aircraft attack.

Probably small arms from... god knows what ?

I changed the title:

German army medical ambulance shot-up by small arms. Tarnopol Ukraine 1942

Comment

Originally posted by jujuy View Post
                                thge red crosses were the targets?
                                curious that no bullets exploded the rear car glass
                                Glass replaced ��

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X