Color War Slides from Ian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color War Slides from Ian

I thought it was a nice idea to post some color slides from my collection when i have some free time after work.
    I find new boxes of old war color slides every few weeks and always have some interesting shots to share and show and I think the other photo collectors here would really enjoy seeing them.
    I know i dont have the best collection in the world but i am willing to share and show what i have !.
    and yes i have water marked them, reason !! i use the few euros i have to buy slides, it is my sickness and my love and i like to protect my images a little bit with water marks. if it hurts your eyes... close them !

enjoy.
    Ian

ok here is my first.
    scanned just last night.
    taken in Smolensk Russia 1941.
    What i find really interesting is the lack of german wehrmacht eagles on the uniforms. what would the reason for this me in 1941 ?
    Ian

www.pixpast.com
    sharing our photographic past.
    Attached Files

Comment

here is a zoom up of the mans uniform with no eagle ?
      Ian

www.pixpast.com
      Attached Files

Comment

a really nice close up of the wehrmacht men as they get ready to go to russia.
        also many of the men have no eagles on their jackets ?
        Ian

www.pixpast.com
        Attached Files

Comment

the infantry division has arrived in smolensk and marches through a destroyed russian city with wehrmacht music band playing on the side of the street.
          Ian

www.pixpast.com
          Attached Files

Comment

there is not too many panzer shots in this new grouping but this slide is really one of my favourites.
            a completly destroyed armoured russian column located near smolensk 1942.
            the technical details in this slide are incredible with the heavy knocked out russian panzers, artillery and also the russian built fully tracked trucks. very cool.
            Ian

www.pixpast.com
            Attached Files

Comment

one more nice russian knocked out panzer color slide.
              i really enjoy this new collection
              Ian

www.pixpast.com
              Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic color slide of a German infantry division moving through the welcome gates of the soviet union 1941.

www.pixpast.com
                Attached Files

Comment

I always find this topic really interesting, seeing the german war time military road signs they put up during the war.
                  I always love to see more and see all the different combinations that exist.
                  So here it goes. one from me !
                  Ian

www.pixpast.com
                  Attached Files

Comment

That last roadsign one shows Zamosc and Sokal which are in Poland. Zamosc was occuppied by the Germans, then the Russians then the Germans again all in the course of a few weeks in 1939.

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                      a really nice close up of the wehrmacht men as they get ready to go to russia.
                      also many of the men have no eagles on their jackets ?
                      Ian
                      No collar tabs either.

Comment

here are a few more that i bought this week. came in the post 2 days ago
                        enjoy.
                        Ian

ps. sorry about the samples, these are from the original seller.

Comment

berlin2 - Berliner Stadtschloss mit Blick auf das Hauptportal, davor fließt die Spree
                          big thanks to Michael for the information !

Comment

berlin3 - Links das Zeughaus, recht die Schlossbrücke, im Hintergrund der Berliner Dom

Comment

berlin6 - Ost-West-Achse mit Blick auf den Großen Stern mit Siegessäule.
                              Im Hintergrund das Brandenburger Tor und das Berliner Rathaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X