No announcement yet.

Color War Slides from Ian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had a minute tonight to add a few more of my slides online....

enjoy.
    Ian

German infantry with PAK cannon targets Russian village, Southern Russia 1942 near Stalingrad area.

German Luftwaffe Ju 52 Junkers transport Narvik flying between Italy and Africa 1943.

German Luftwaffe JU 52 Junkers transport plane landing in North Africa with telephone electrical supplies. 1943

Best wishes.
    Ian

Comment

As usual, amazing slides.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
        As usual, amazing slides.
        YES !!!!!!!!! I agree !!!!! Tom

Comment

Amazing details !

like this green pollen (?) on his shoulders
          sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Comment

Incredible shot of that 50mm, but also the Ju52 just flying along beside us.

Comment

Lads... i love it that you love it

im 35 years old and already am very very pleased with my color slide collection

Here one more....
              has anyone ever seen this cover page on Der Adler, I bought this Der Adler in the original war time english edition.. very cool and the front photo is credited to the war reporter Nieth... they misspelled the name atleast in the english edition, they mean .. otto vieth

I also believe that a large portion of the photos credted to Otto Vieth in Der Adler were all originally photographed in agfacolor film and later converted to black and white for publication.

source google.

original agfacolor color slide taken by Otto Vieth 1942 in my color slide collection.

German Luftwaffe Half Track Sd. Kfz. 7/2 3.7cm Flak 36 attacking Russian army position, near Stalingrad 1942

https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...8&ctypes=photo

Comment

I am so jealous of your collection - so much more wonderful to have than, for example, an array of SA daggers by maker.

Comment

That is really an outstanding collection you have there, Ian, and I’m glad you enjoyed the States. How many slides would you say you have total? Also, try to visit Texas sometime, we are practically our own country! Lastly, your shirt is really great!!!!

Comment

obviously the same serie but not the same picture.
                    Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                    Lads... i love it that you love it

im 35 years old and already am very very pleased with my color slide collection

Here one more....
                    has anyone ever seen this cover page on Der Adler, I bought this Der Adler in the original war time english edition.. very cool and the front photo is credited to the war reporter Nieth... they misspelled the name atleast in the english edition, they mean .. otto vieth

I also believe that a large portion of the photos credted to Otto Vieth in Der Adler were all originally photographed in agfacolor film and later converted to black and white for publication.

source google.

original agfacolor color slide taken by Otto Vieth 1942 in my color slide collection.

German Luftwaffe Half Track Sd. Kfz. 7/2 3.7cm Flak 36 attacking Russian army position, near Stalingrad 1942

https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...8&ctypes=photo

Comment

Damn fine images Ian! love to see them whenever you post.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                        I am so jealous of your collection - so much more wonderful to have than, for example, an array of SA daggers by maker.

Hi Brian. ... i just... bloody love it
                        and will keep on working finding and restoring these old images for as many years as I can

Comment

Originally posted by Wikinger Gott View Post
                          That is really an outstanding collection you have there, Ian, and I’m glad you enjoyed the States. How many slides would you say you have total? Also, try to visit Texas sometime, we are practically our own country! Lastly, your shirt is really great!!!!

Would love to visit Texas !! I only got a small taste of your country this year and was... impressed and I heard great things from the southern states as well.

I just need to get my wife drunk again that she agrees to my next holiday in the states... again LOL

About your question, I did a count last year with two good friends and we counted over 32.000 color slides from 1936 to 1947.. mostly german but also thousands of great american slides.
                          So after this good year for finding slides, I am over the 33,000 mark.
                          I will be posting more slides for years and years to come and also rediscover amazing collections I bought over 10 years ago and have forgotten.

One little point I would like to add about the 33.000 slides. A good portion of those are civilian slides taken all around the World during that time period of WW2. I have atleast....thousands of color slides in agfacolor and kodachrome showing... mountains.. dogs... girlfriends... cars.. trains... houses... the normal stuff that people photographed as well with color film.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
                            Damn fine images Ian! love to see them whenever you post.

Mike

Glad you like them Mike !
                            There is a small mountain of these ones still to be posted....

Ian

Comment

here is a new one for tonight.

large format original war-time american army press color slide showing:

Lt. Gen. Mark Clark. Fifth Army in its capture of Rome in June 1944. Maj. Gen. Alfred Gruenther. Vatican City. Msgr. Carroll.

https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...3&ctypes=photo

Comment

here is a close up of Mark...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X