No announcement yet.

Color War Slides from Ian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year guys !!! Lots of good health in the new year !!

Ian

new addition for tonight:

German Bussing NAG G31 Kfz.77 radio truck. Unloading portable radio sets, Sicily May 1943.
    https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...2&ctypes=photo

Comment

Back at 'ya, Ian, with countless thanks for brightening up our days with your beautiful color slides! You are indeed a blessing here!

Br. James

Comment

Ian,
        Your color slides, and your willingness to keep posting them here on the forum makes you a true treasure to all of us. Many, many thanks!

Chet
        Zinc stinks!

Comment

Thank you guys.

I do love the feedback... that lets me know that all the work I do for the pixpast archive is worth it

Think about how amazing pixpast will be when I get all my 33.000 color slides up there with good descriptions.. years of work but it will be a wonderful source of historcial photos and information for the future

Ian

Comment

just back from a very long drive today.
            Through a contact, I visited a family in West Germany on the border with France. So 6 hours drive and 6 hours back....

Result... there dad took 350 color slides from the Krim 1942 1943.. also more than 2500 black and white negatives and.....7 8mm private home movies from the russian front... including color private film of panzers and halftracks in snow camo ukraine 1942.

made the deal... got the goods

.... YIPPPEEEEE

the family actually were delighted some one was so interested in these old slides and photos. No one in the family wanted them any more and they were ending in the bin bag... if I hadnt been lucky and find them first

Ian

Comment

Wow ! Looking forward to see them.
              sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                just back from a very long drive today.
                Through a contact, I visited a family in West Germany on the border with France. So 6 hours drive and 6 hours back....

Result... there dad took 350 color slides from the Krim 1942 1943.. also more than 2500 black and white negatives and.....7 8mm private home movies from the russian front... including color private film of panzers and halftracks in snow camo ukraine 1942.

made the deal... got the goods

.... YIPPPEEEEE

the family actually were delighted some one was so interested in these old slides and photos. No one in the family wanted them any more and they were ending in the bin bag... if I hadnt been lucky and find them first

Ian
                Sounds like a great score and a fantastic thread as well
                Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Ian,
                  Extremely pleased that you got to them before the garbage collector did!

Colour images from the war are rare to begin with, to lose any would be a crime.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Im busy scanning the new collection at the moment.

Here is something a little different for the moment.
                    Two late war german publication magazines for the use and processing of photographical material for the military.
                    ( Wehr-Photographische Mitteilungen )

I have 2 editions in my color photo publication library at home.

Really interesting to read.

Ian

Wehr Photographische Mitteilungen 1943 Heft 5

https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...6&ctypes=photo

Wehr-Photographische Mitteilungen 1943 Heft 4

https://pixpast.com/index.php?catalo...5&ctypes=photo

If anyone ever has any more of these, please get in contact with me. Id love to have a few more for my reference library

Thank you.
                    Ian

Comment

Hi guys.

Here is a little information about the new war slide collection I acquired 2 weeks ago.

The photographer of the collection was a medical transport driver belonging to this unit:

Krankentransport-Abt. 562

Kranken-Transport-Abt. 562 * 26.08.1939 im Armeepaket "M" = Münster durch WK VI zu 3 später. 4 Kpn.
                      U: Armeetruppe: 5. Armee Niederrhein; 11.10.1939 6. Armee; 21.10.1939 12. Armee Eifel, Frankreich; 01.01.1941 17. Armee Südrußland (HGr. "A"); 1944/45 Italien OB "West"; 1. Kp. Eifel 5. Pz.Armee
                      E: 6 Iserlohn, WK VI

Nearlly all his 2500 negatives, 370 color slides and 7 8mm home movies come from his time in Ukraine 1941 to 1943. ( so 17. Armee )

End of 1943 his medical transport unit was sent to Southern France to refit and then 1944 was sent to Italy.

Does anyone have a map showing the path of movement of the 17th army in Ukraine 1941 to 1943 ?

Thank you.
                      Ian

ps. here is a map marking the locations I know he was in. Probably it dies show the path of the 17th army... but id like to me sure.

Comment

Evening guys.

Here are the first color slides I got around to scanning from the new Krankentransport-Abt. 562 collection.

Ian

Comment

Ian, Please post any pictures you find of soldiers wearing medic helmets with red crosses if you run across any! Doubtful on the eastern front but maybe on the western front. Such pictures are very rare, and almost nonexistent in color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ian,

Love these new additions! The scan #8 looks like a 38 ford. Love how he took a photo of the fender so we all know which unit!

All the best, Mike
                            Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                            Evening guys.

Here are the first color slides I got around to scanning from the new Krankentransport-Abt. 562 collection.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by NARVIK1940 View Post
                              Ian, Please post any pictures you find of soldiers wearing medic helmets with red crosses if you run across any! Doubtful on the eastern front but maybe on the western front. Such pictures are very rare, and almost nonexistent in color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I will keep my eye open. Im working through the new collection as we speak

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
                                Ian,

Love these new additions! The scan #8 looks like a 38 ford. Love how he took a photo of the fender so we all know which unit!

All the best, Mike

Hi Mike.

What really makes this collection fantastic is that the family of the soldier who took the slides, negatives and film are telling me all the mans stories and helping me ID locations and extra info about the photos

I love my hobby

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X