No announcement yet.

Color War Slides from Ian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for these colour images - they are superb. They may the world back then appear more modern.

Comment

Originally posted by piw View Post
      Thanks for these colour images - they are superb. They may the world back then appear more modern.
      happy you like them ! :-)

can anyone help me ID this unit ? photo shot near Florence Italy 1944.

Thank you.
      Ian :-)

Comment

gas mask trainning Landeck Austria 1939
        134th Gebirgenjager Division

Comment

there are lots more color slides from this collection at this link
          http://pixpast.com/viewtopic.php?f=2...p=18250#p18250
          I made it so you dont need to register to see the photos :-)
          Ian

Comment

Very nice photo's Ian.

Comment

Thanks Kevin ! If i dont shart sharing these treasures... then the history is lost to the masses .. happy you like them.

here is a new one from the same collection as above. I only have maybe 200 or 300 german color slides from Finland 1943 to 1945, but they all are so beautiful... its the same thing with color slides from Norway,,, the landscape just pulls you in on each picture :-)

Comment

Outstanding color Gebirgsjäger photos Ian.

I would love to see more.

Bryant

Comment

going through box by box.

This time.. a color slide taken by a german wehrmacht priest in russian. 57th Infantry Regiment.

There are lots more slides posted here for those who are interested :-)
                  http://www.pixpast.com/viewtopic.php...=2097&start=16

Comment

Hello Ian !

That are really fascinating pictures. Great work and thanks for sharing !

And I fully agree with this statement by stonemint :
                    Ian, I enjoy seeing each and every one of them--whether Germany or USA (even postwar)--I think a lot of people do not want to clog up your lovely thread with a lot of "keep 'em coming" type comments (and another reason we need a Facebook "like" button on the forum).
                    According to the unit on picture #152 :
                    The tactical sign is that of a Panzer-Nachrichten-Kompanie (tank signal company).
                    The "divisional" symbol could be that of LXXVI. Pz.Korps, which was a capital letter H in a circle :
                    http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/emblems/...teremblems.htm

LXXVI. Pz.Korps was in Italy and near Florenz in mid 1944 :
                    http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...XVIPzKorps.htm

I also really would like to help you with the name of the cavalry officer of 9. PzDiv. (#126, #143). Perhaps it could help
                    to decipher the handwriting, if you could upload an image with the text below the name ?! It might also be helpful if you
                    could list anything you know on the rank, age and unit of this officer.

Cheers,

Archi

Comment

Thanks Archi !
                      Really happy you guys like my color slides.
                      I will dig up the cavalry officer slide collection and see what other writhing is there to be seen.

another question. I was able to acquire this year a nice collection of color slides from a car repair man working for the 4th panzer division in france 1940.
                      these are the common unit symbols seen in the pictures... apart from the yellow y symbol.. what are the other two for ?
                      Thanks.
                      Ian

collection samples> http://www.pixpast.com/viewtopic.php...=2066&start=16

Comment

Very nice colour photos Ian!

Thanks for sharing these rare pictures!

Best regards from South America!!

Comment

happy you like them :-)

here is a nice slide from the recent 4th panzer collection showing german troops getting their hair cut in the field, russian summer 1941 :-)

more scans from tonight from this collection on the blog page http://pixpast.blogspot.com/2013/12/...-from-4th.html

Comment

just received a massive shopping bag full to the top with prewar and wartime color slides uncut.. some of the first to come out were private color slides from Hamburg Harbour 1939... including some incredible shots of the KDF Crusier Robert Ley in color... yipppeee :-)

Ian

Comment

Ian, one of these days you should get your best pics published in a nice glossy book--I know I would be first in line to buy it.

Thanks for the continued postings....
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                                Ian, one of these days you should get your best pics published in a nice glossy book--I know I would be first in line to buy it.

Thanks for the continued postings....
                                Very much^^^^^^this. One of the best threads on WAF.

Find a publisher!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X