No announcement yet.

Color War Slides from Ian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have been so lucky thank god with finding these historcial treasures.
    And step by step... im coming closer to releasing them to the world...
    whats better.. making a few dollars or.... doing something incredible !

God Bless you all and thank you all for your support!

Ian :-)

Comment

i found a lot of color slides taken onboard the KDF ship Robert Ley last week and also from the first ever ship of KDF DER DEUTSCHE.
      Here is a nice color slide taken onboard the Robert Ley in a Norwegian Fjord 1939. Enjoy.

Comment

The first ever ship of the german KDF was the DER DEUTSCHE. Here she is sailing behind the KDF ship ROBERT LEY in a norwegian fjord 1939

Comment

Ian:

Your thread is just fabulous as well as your generosity sharing it. I could occupy myself all night long with this. Thanks!

-Ray-

Comment

every week I am blessed with new boxes of old color slides from the war and every week I think it is more and more important to share these !
            delighted you like them ! :-)

Ian

Comment

tonight i sat down with a old box of german color slides taken by an infantry man trainning in germany in 1940 and then in Smolensk 1941.
              This was a really dark and dirty old color slide that I tried to clean up as best I could.
              Could it be possible that these men doing basic trainning could be Indian ? or maybe russian volunteers in german uniform ??
              None of them look german to be honest.

What do you guys think ?
              Thanks.

Comment

spent the last 5 hours scanning carefully a collection of uncut rolls of kriegsmarine color 35mm slide film... this is one of my favourites from tonights work... enjoy :-)

Comment

its the first time it happened to me.. but as I was walking with my girlfriend last week through a small village not far from us.. I spotted a typical prewar yellow and black cardboard box typically used to store old photo slides.
                  It was waiting beside plastic waste to be collected by the bin man the next day.
                  Picked it up and opened it.. there it was.. waiting to be wasted.. full with lovely old german color slides from before the war.. all in their original filmosto metal frames and under glass.
                  All family shots and no military but its just shocking how much of this stuff the germans are still lobbing in the bin every day...

anyway.. one more little box of history saved... :-)

here is two shots from the box.

ian.spring@gmail.com

Comment

Nice photos.I noticed a Hitler painting on the man's right

Comment

jeah ! just after scanning I spotted the interesting portrait on the wall :-)

Here is a little question for you guys... what nationality and uniform is this chap wearing ?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

a very different topic.
                        I found a box of german color slides taken in and around Berchesgarten by a german tourist from munich. all the slides are marked in pencil on their bottom white lip Berchesgarten 1942.

The question is.. as im going through this collection and getting them professionally scanned and archived digitally... in all these photos there is not one single political flag to be seen ??

The cars for example parked at the front entrance of the main train station in Berchesgarten all have their red german eagle stamps on the license plates.. Also the cloths.. cars.. everything points to the early 40s...

If these color slides were taken after the war.. then they probably would show up a few american GIs walking around some where... a willy jeep on the corner... nope....

So the question is.. where is all the flags ? the ss ? the police and army walking around making sure hitlers second home is safe and sound .... ?
                        I can only spot normal civilians and farmers bringing in the fresh potatoes ?

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                          a very different topic.
                          I found a box of german color slides taken in and around Berchesgarten by a german tourist from munich. all the slides are marked in pencil on their bottom white lip Berchesgarten 1942.

The question is.. as im going through this collection and getting them professionally scanned and archived digitally... in all these photos there is not one single political flag to be seen ??

The cars for example parked at the front entrance of the main train station in Berchesgarten all have their red german eagle stamps on the license plates.. Also the cloths.. cars.. everything points to the early 40s...

If these color slides were taken after the war.. then they probably would show up a few american GIs walking around some where... a willy jeep on the corner... nope....

So the question is.. where is all the flags ? the ss ? the police and army walking around making sure hitlers second home is safe and sound .... ?
                          I can only spot normal civilians and farmers bringing in the fresh potatoes ?

Two of the cars seem to have their headlights blacked out. If that is the case, that would be a wartime condition.

Comment

true !

I was playing with the idea... because this is really the hardcore Catholic bible belt in Austria. maybe there was one or two important religous festivales that the people actually took down the political flags as respect ?

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                              Im just spending massive hours scanning properly my slides and archiving them in 3 different locations around the world for safety.. :-) never want to loose these amazing pieces of history !
                              But for fun here are 3 nice kradmelder color slides from my collection.
                              Enjoy.

Kradmelder in France 1940. member of the 103 Schutzen Regiment of the 14th Panzer Division.

France again, this time Normandy 1940, showing a Kradmelder near the beach on his bike. member of the 57 Infanterie-Division Grenadier Regiment 199.

This is a real beauty but sadly no further information to this mans name or unit
                              Hello my friend
                              Slide number 3 Winter Motorcycle
                              that I know how
                              See you soon in Leipzig

Comment

i know lots of people dont want to share there photos anymore.
                                I read with interest people talking about money and law and copyright.. well for me the simply fact is this.... i met a man at the weekend.. he is a young man but is now dieing from cancer.. caught to late... the man knew of me and my color photos i showed here and also pixpast.
                                He said thank you for showing these treasures. He comes from a poor background and never had the money to collect himself but he loved to see the history like it really was.

so... money.... when you die... you cant take it with you.

Peter if you see this !!

this one is for you my friend !!! :-)

German Uboat Wolfpack leaving the La Rochelle uboat bunkers french coast 1942. The second uboat is finishing its preperations for sea.
                                Comes from a larger complete uboat color slide collection of mine :-)

Last edited by i.spring; 02-02-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X