Color War Slides from Ian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
    i think your right tom ! some other chaps on pixpast said that the bus colours are definitly after the war.
    here is another one from this collection.. i know i focus on wartime color material but i have to say these 1950s color shots with the oldtimer cars.. they are also very charming... :-)
    Ian
    Thanks for posting this pic--it is of an America I never knew (before my time) and an America we will never see again.

Notice how sterile the same corner looks now.....
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

thanks guys for the warm feedback to my slides.. sometimes i find something for me is amazing and then zero response on the waf :-(

But i share your feeling. i always wanted some nice old color slides from new york. I was never there but just felt like it was a missing spot in the photo collection :-)

Also the 14th panzer division collection is really nice and one of the first groups I ever found :-) sadly the poor man only lived up to the end of 1941.. so his excellent photo career was cut tragically short..

I am planning on releasing more of my slides on a larger format with less obtrusive water marking in the near future !

Ian :-)
      Ian, I enjoy seeing each and every one of them--whether Germany or USA (even postwar)--I think a lot of people do not want to clog up your lovely thread with a lot of "keep 'em coming" type comments (and another reason we need a Facebook "like" button on the forum).

So, keep 'em coming!
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I love hearing back from people that they enjoy seeing this stuff :-)

on a other note. I was able to rescue a collection of color slides that were literaly waiting on the footpath for the garbage man... these are some of the generals from that collection of slides.
        I cant imagine.. 20 minutes later and all this was going into the incinerator...

can anyone help me ID these chaps ?
        Thank you.
        Attached Files

Comment

a lot of the slides were very badly damaged from water damage and also in this collection. more than 160 of the slides were 100% destroyed from water.. all with hand written descriptions from the russian front.
          Im trying my best to carefully record this collection that I like to call my garbage treasure collection :-)
          Ian

can someone help me maybe ID the unit ?

Thank you.
          Ian
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
            The 1st one is Army-Group von Kleist
            The 2nd one is 9 Pz div.

Best

Comment

this was written on one of the boxes that was full of wiped out slides.
              could be the photographers name...
              Wolfgang.... cant read the family name ....
              he was a cavelry officer in the wehrmacht and servived the war.

Ian
              Attached Files

Comment

could this man as a cavelry officer have been some how attached to the 33rd Panzer Battalion in the 9th panzer division ?

ps. does anyone have info on the history of panzer 634 ?

Comment

I was reading that the 9th panzer division was later transferred to France later in the war.
                  If panzers kept their numbers ? and i really am not sure if they did ?? then this panzer 634 could have found its way from russia to Normandy ?

KOed Pz Lehr Pz IV "634"
                  http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207...k+in+Normandie

Comment

Hi Ian

can we see a better scan from the Tank 634? So we can help you.

Cheers tommy

Comment

hi tommy :-)
                      can you read the family name on the label ?

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ian,

Any additional details from the general pics would help. Divisional kenzeichen, place names, period, theatre etc.

Cheers
                        Elwyn

Comment

i just started scanning this slide grouping yesterday... so ill post as soon as i find some helpful shots :-)

this is the latest scan... is this the famous children playing fountain in stalingrad ?

Ian
                          Attached Files

Comment

That is exactly the type of fountain that was in Stalingrad, but the photo was not taken in Stalingrad. The design of the fountain was based on a child's story. Interestingly, just recently, the photo was rebuilt in Volgograd.

Jason

Comment

i just started scanning this slide grouping yesterday... so ill post as soon as i find some helpful shots :-)

this is the latest scan... is this the famous children playing fountain in stalingrad ?

Ian
                              Presumably it is Voronezh.

фотохостинг png

Comment

Originally posted by skvorin View Post
                                Presumably it is Voronezh.

фотохостинг png

wow.. how much further did the 9th panzer divison get into Russia... thats prity deep in... just google mapped it :-)

Thank you for the location ID.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X