Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Ian!

All very interesting!!!

Let's chat about these last few color slides next time I am home.

Erich

Comment

Did I not show you this uboat collection before ?
      Naja... something to look forward to for our next meeting :-)

Ian :-)

Comment

hi guys.. sorry I have been so quiet the last month or so.. didnt really find anything big and interesting.
        I found only two nice prewar and wartime family collections of color slides. so a little military and lots of nice civilian and town stuff... but I still love it...

I thought you guys would like to see this austrian color slide from 1939.
        Taken in the town of Ginzling, I just think its an incredible family portrait with amazing rich details and colours... for a 70 year old pictiure... :-)

Enjoy.

Comment

from a small wooden box of german prewar color slides that came in about 2 weeks ago. Some really nice crisp color slides showing a young BDM member in and around her family apartment in Bremenhaven Germany 1939.

Comment

the same girl outside in the country beside Bremenhaven Germany 1939

Comment

A beautiful new collection of 50 original privatly taken agfacolor 35mm color photo slides showing the trainning of german luftwaffe pilots to use glider planes. Located at the glider school in Lubeck Germany 1942.

hope you like these guys ?

Comment

Like them?....like them a lot

Etienne

Comment

Superb images as usual. Good to see some period civilian/home front images.

Comment

Amazing color. Could have been taken yesterday by the quality of todays tech. Tom

Comment

posted this on the medal bar section now but will add this here as well.

Comment

Thanks Ian, great photo ! Tom

Comment

Ian:

This thread is spectacular. Thank you very much for sharing parts of your collection and please let us know when you have something published.

Comment

im very happy to hear you like them :-)
                            I am going in tomorrow after work to sign the contract for the Leipzig in Color photo book. A really beautiful collection of early prewar and wartime color photos from this amazing city in Germany.

Also when the top boss of the publishing house saw some of my other collection on my computer.. he almost fell over and is trying to organise an even bigger project.... ill just say all the lovers of technical military will be very happy with what is... i think ?.. coming :-)

Comment

Hello everyone !!

So it is now 2 months to go before my first ever photo book is finished and published here in germany.
                              Leipzig in Farbe will be a beautiful publication with 120 original pre war and wartime color slides showing the city of Leipzig Germany.
                              I have been busy interviewing veterans and civilians that lived in Leipzig during the war years and including some of their incredible memories into the book.
                              It has been a dream project and its almost finished.

So im shaking the last branches of the tree.
                              If anyone !! has any color photo slides (kodak or agfacolor) 35mm color slides or home movies or anything color and Leipzig related.. please contact me !

Its almost finished and we have 2 months left to find the last little hidden treasures from Leipzig.

As my published told me.. when this book is finished it probably will be the only publication of its kind produced.

So the last chance :-)

Thanks guys and also a massive big thank you to all the members here that have already helped me with finding color photo slides from Leipzig !!

ian.spring@gmail.com

Comment

Hi guys !

As many of you already know Iv started putting my color slide collection online.
                                Im setting it up like a stock image site so anyone that wants a single copy for themselves pay a little and if someone needs a nice color photo for a book or magazine they pay a little more.
                                This way I can get a little back from my collection.. do more research on the photos and be able to invest more in finding new material for the archive :-)

Also I am still working on the pricing plan.. so please no one start shouting about the prices ! iv set the prices really high as a safety before the site is fully online and going.

So for anyone wanting to see some cool color war photos.. you can check out the first 180 plus that iv added :-)

Also if anyone is interested in writhing descriptions for photos.. I am looking for some help at the moment with that !

Here is the link: www.springercollection.com

Thanks guys and have a lovely day.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X