Color War Slides from Ian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmark View Post
    That is exactly the type of fountain that was in Stalingrad, but the photo was not taken in Stalingrad. The design of the fountain was based on a child's story. Interestingly, just recently, the photo was rebuilt in Volgograd.

Jason
    i did think it was the same but the surroundings looked... not so like Stalingrad...

Thank you.
    Ian :-)

Comment

i found a good sign post color slide in the new grouping...
      maybe this can help ID the unit ?
      Attached Files

Comment

here is another good one I just scanned..

You cant imagine the coat of thick powder and dust on these old slides...
        dirty treasure ;-) lol

Attached Files

Comment

the next scan..
          a very badly damaged color slide showing Hitler talking with Mussolini near a airport in Ukraine 1941.
          I think this location is the same location that Hans Baur hitlers pilot filmed in color hitler visiting his troops.. the famous color film ! here is a link of what I mean...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iwdzdrakOI

would a normal cavalry officer have had the access to come so close to hitler to take this kind of photo ?

Attached Files

Comment

ok i found one more slide showing sign posts....
            Attached Files

Comment

ok so our man was in

Lozova, Kharkiv Oblast, Ukraine

and then upto

Russia, Voronezhskaya oblast, Voronezh
              Attached Files

Comment

here is a little map i put together showing the main movements of the 9th panzer division in 1941 and 1942.
                Ian
                Attached Files

Comment

i think this is the name of the photographer from the 9th panzer divison color slides.
                  Can some one make out the family name...

Wolfgang .... is that Willertz ?

Thanks.

Comment

there are some old german hand written text of the slide frames from my new 9th panzer divison collection.
                    Can anyone read them for me ? Thank you .

http://pixpast.blogspot.com/2013/10/...ww2-color.html

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                      there are some old german hand written text of the slide frames from my new 9th panzer divison collection.
                      Can anyone read them for me ? Thank you .

http://pixpast.blogspot.com/2013/10/...ww2-color.html
                      Hi Ian,

I'll give it a shot.

First one reads: "Dnjepropetrowsk Nov 41 - stehen gebleibene Straßenbahnen"

Second one: "[Nach Schlacht?] bei Charkow 1942"

Third one: "Pawlograd"

Fourth one: "Italie... Friedhof im ...owska 19/7/42"

Jason

Comment

Thats fantastic help Jason !! thank you very much !!

About:
                        owska ... could that be the small town just south of Dnipropetrowsk called Taromske ?

I am going through my 9th panzer collection step by step and scanning 12 color slides every evening, also photographing the back and front of each slide. Many of the slide metal frames are so badly damaged and rusting, that I am removing them carefully but first documenting any information on them.

So big thank you for your help !!

Hi Ian,

I'll give it a shot.

First one reads: "Dnjepropetrowsk Nov 41 - stehen gebleibene Straßenbahnen"

Second one: "[Nach Schlacht?] bei Charkow 1942"

Third one: "Pawlograd"

Fourth one: "Italie... Friedhof im ...owska 19/7/42"

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                          About:
                          owska ... could that be the small town just south of Dnipropetrowsk called Taromske ?
                          I'm not sure. The last letter looks like an "a" to me. You're best bet would be to go on Axis History Forum and ask for help from someone knowledgeable about the Italian Army. They would know where the Italian cemeteries were located.

Jason

Comment

I'm not sure. The last letter looks like an "a" to me. You're best bet would be to go on Axis History Forum and ask for help from someone knowledgeable about the Italian Army. They would know where the Italian cemeteries were located.

Jason
                            Thanks a million Jason. will check it out !

Comment

Im just spending massive hours scanning properly my slides and archiving them in 3 different locations around the world for safety.. :-) never want to loose these amazing pieces of history !
                              But for fun here are 3 nice kradmelder color slides from my collection.
                              Enjoy.

Kradmelder in France 1940. member of the 103 Schutzen Regiment of the 14th Panzer Division.

France again, this time Normandy 1940, showing a Kradmelder near the beach on his bike. member of the 57 Infanterie-Division Grenadier Regiment 199.

This is a real beauty but sadly no further information to this mans name or unit

Comment

also when I have a few spare minutes. I often put up some new color slides that i find on my public blog page if anyone is interested !
                                Have a great weekend guys !

http://pixpast.blogspot.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X